Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Erm...a group angry at Greymane for waging unrelenting war against those that destroyed their homeland?
    makes about as much sense as northems old mystical islands full of high elves that only he knew existed.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by KSM899 View Post
    I don't want a new race, it's a waste!
    I want a new race, more specifically I want to play Naga.
    If they do not give us playable Naga, then I agree that it is a waste. Bucause I do not think there is any other race that could make me reroll, not sure if I would for Ethereals.
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

10+ Year Old Account
    Few ideas off the top of my head.

Horde:

Saurok could have and still could be easily added to the Horde. Prior to Vol'jins death or even after, Thrall and Vol'jin (or a Troll emissary) travelled to Pandaria to quell any remaining unrest caused by the Hordes presence. They try and begin peacekeeping expeditions to undo any damage cause by Garrosh. They begin negotiations with a tribe of Saurok, Thrall sensing a kinship and a sense of familiarity with their subjugation begins explaining the Orcs hardship with fel corruption and bloodlust, Vol'jin feeling a sense of guilt and responsibility due to the Zandalari and their association with the Mogu offers them a place in the Horde and to educate and bring them into the modern world.

They accept, thinking there is greater treasures to plunder. Acting almost as mercenaries. Their savage and tribal nature bolster the hordes image whilst also wanting to be accepted into a wider world.

I could see them as warriors, rogues, priests, druids, shaman and hunters.

Ogres, Rexxar fully integrates himself into the Horde, leading the unified clans of Ogres OR Ogre refugees piles in from Outland as the remains of Draenor begin to suffer further decay and destruction.

Warlocks, mages, shaman, hunters, warriors, and priests.

Tuskarr, after suffering continued unrest due to unchecked scourge attacks and legion invasions forces the Tuskarr to seek refuge and support from a culturally similar ally which is that of the Horde. The horde send reinforcements to protect the Tuskarr in exchange for their inclusion.

Hunters, shaman, priests, druids, warriors, deathknights.

Alliance:

High elves. The Silver Covenant full become integrated in the alliance as playable High elves.

Paladins, mages, hunters, warriors, rogues, deathknights and priests.

Furbolgs, the remaining uncorrupted tribes unify and band together and approach the Night elves. After surviving the latest legion invasion, the Furbolgs begin to admit that they need to integrate into the modern world and no longer be left hidden away because of the constant threats they are continuously facing. Hoping to restore old alliances, the Furbolgs unify and bolster the alliance.

Druids, shaman, priests, warriors and hunters.

Vrykul, a faction of Vrykul who after gaining meaningful contact and interaction with humans begin to instigate a kinship and also a bond of intrigue. After the legion invasion, a faction of Vrykul act as ambassadors and join the alliance. Impressed how far and how developed their ancestors have come they respect the humans and aid them in the alliance.

Warriors, deathknights, shaman, priests, mage, warlock, paladin.

Gnoll mercs for the horde could be cool.

The Alliance could do with another bulky race, Dragonkin could work.

Can't see Naga working though as they are equally hated by the Horde and Alliance and by the elves collectively
    Last edited by Benomatic; 2017-04-06 at 02:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    No new races.

We will get sub-races for existing ones.

People have been asking for this for a long time.

aka dark iron dwarves, etc etc
    I would LOVE Dark Iron Dwarves.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Erm...a group angry at Greymane for waging unrelenting war against those that destroyed their homeland?
    The Forsaken are mostly (all?) ex-humans who were the target of the original Horde, and were transformed due to the plague that was developed by the demons and the Lich King, who were supporting/controlling the Horde.

Pandaren had their home invaded by the Horde, yet a faction still joined them.

Blood Elves used to be High Elves and were founding members of the Alliance against the original Horde.

Don't act like a faction of Worgen turning against the Alliance would be unheard of.
    "Lack of information on your part does not constitute bias on mine."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krigaren View Post
    The Forsaken are mostly (all?) ex-humans who were the target of the original Horde, and were transformed due to the plague that was developed by the demons and the Lich King, who were supporting/controlling the Horde.

Blood Elves used to be High Elves and were founding members of the Alliance against the original Horde.

Don't act like a faction of Worgen turning against the Alliance would be unheard of.
    The reason you gave was that they would be sick of Graymane's shit. Gilenan Worgen joining the Horde is almost a contradiction in terms.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    makes about as much sense as northems old mystical islands full of high elves that only he knew existed.
    Didn't Legion's announcement break Northem? Last time I saw him post he seemed to have realised that High Elves weren't happening and was a bit bitter about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krigaren View Post

the lich king and demons were no longer supporting the horde. Wandering isle pandaren never had their home invaded by the Horde, Blood elves were driven away from thje Alliance first by Garithos, then by the Alliance spying on them. Worgen have no reason to join the Horde. If forsaken say, offered gilnaens gilnaen land to join the Horde maybe, but they wouldnt do it out of the blue.

Didn't Legion's announcement break Northem? Last time I saw him post he seemed to have realised that High Elves weren't happening and was a bit bitter about it.
    probably, I didn't care enough to check.
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

The reason you gave was that they would be sick of Graymane's shit. Gilenan Worgen joining the Horde is almost a contradiction in terms.
    What if they were tired of Greymane's warmongering? He's basically the only driving force that's keeping the Alliance/Horde divide going, because he has an axe to grind against Sylvannas. Maybe they're sick of having their lives thrown away while Greymane hunts his white whale of revenge for his son being killed?

Literally every other faction leader wants the Alliance and Horde to stop fighting and join together. Even Varian did. Greymane is the only one who's so blinded by hatred, suspicion, and anger that he's willing to let his own people die in order to keep hostilities going (aside from Jaina, but she's a dreadlord anyway, so w/e).
    "Lack of information on your part does not constitute bias on mine."

Id be very happy if they would add some cosmetic touches like giving female draenei the ability to get Yrel's horns . Also, the Mag'har skin color for orcs would grand. Yes there is a darkish color, but its not the brown skin that draenor orcs have.

7+ Year Old Account
    I hope it won't be Eredar. I prefer some race that isn't the same as what we have (Eredar and Draenei are too similar) or at least have their own 'skeleton'. (So even if Worgen are kind of human, they still spend majority of their time in furball form, and mandatory for battles.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    why stop at 100...

why not give us a customization tool to make our own races.

I WANT A KRONEMBURG as a race from rick and morty
    I would throw my life savings away to play as Garmanarnar or as a gazorpazorp.

- - - Updated - - -

Rexxar isnt an ogre tho, he is Mok'Nathal. Him being the introduction of Horde Mak'Nathal would make more sense.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd also be happy with the Hozen for Horde and Jinyu for Alliance. It'd be nice to see some more Pandaria lore post-5.4 in the starting areas, wherever they might be.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    This particular argument doesn't work because the Pandaren on the Wandering Isle do not have direct affiliation with the ones on Pandaria. Also, the ones that join the Horde do so LOOOOOOONG before Garrosh lands on Pandaria.

I think we have our fill of races by now. Though I would take redeemed eredar for the Horde if they were offered. I know Alliance wants their high elves.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Ogres for the horde and nothing else really matters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    An alcoholic fighting his addiction is fighting a jihad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    I think we have our fill of races by now. Though I would take redeemed eredar for the Horde if they were offered. I know Alliance wants their high elves.
    Maybe in warcraft 4. That dream has ben sol since BC.
    Last edited by Friendlyimmolation; 2017-04-06 at 06:52 PM.
    Holy shit lol

The only demonic race that had a chance of being playable were the Satyr.
    I can't see them making Arakkoa a playable race anymore, they missed the perfect opportunity in WoD, same with Ogres but those can fit into any expansion almost with some random lore reason. They'll save Ethereals for a void expansion in the future, which leaves Satyr and Nagas as the last remaining existing choices. Satyr had the opportunity in Legion but with Emerald Nightmare not being a thing anymore, Xavius permanently dead and Legion ceasing to exist as a single faction after this expansion, they'll likely never become playable along with Arakkoa. Naga have the first and last chance at becoming playable in 8.0, which is obviously going to be Azshara/N'zoth expansion. High Elves, Furbolgs, Vrykul, Nightborne, etc are not real choices as they're never going to become standalone playable races, they're all sub-races of the existing ones.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage BloodElf4Life View Post
    Ethereals.

We all know next xpac is about the void. Ethereals just make sense.
    Yea definitely void expansion next because spending time on another world dealing with creatures without physical bodies while N'zoth is broken out of his prison by Azshara is an amazing strategic plan to defend Azeroth. It's almost like all the hints and info from quests and raids weren't telling us that N'zoth and Azshara are next, oh wait that's right - they did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Yea definitely void expansion next because spending time on another world dealing with creatures without physical bodies while N'zoth is broken out of his prison by Azshara is an amazing strategic plan to defend Azeroth. It's almost like all the hints and info from quests and raids weren't telling us that N'zoth and Azshara are next, oh wait that's right - they did.
    It's not as if N'zoth was part of the void or something... right? Right???
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    I don't even know if you're making a joke at this point, I was being sarcastic.
    i was totes being sarcastic...

but the way blizzard does things man, ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Silvercrown View Post
    Because that would be an insane amount of work for one expansion. If you want no other content, maybe.
    Cataclysm revamp *Cough *Cough

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Firminator View Post
    I would throw my life savings away to play as Garmanarnar or as a gazorpazorp.

- - - Updated - - -

Rexxar isnt an ogre tho, he is Mok'Nathal. Him being the introduction of Horde Mak'Nathal would make more sense.
    i could see them having Half Orc half Ogre for the Horde aka Rexxar,

and for the alliance

Half Orc Half Draeni like Garona
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

I do not really hope for Ethereals as a new race, I mean, they are "bandages"-... you would put armor on a invisible character.
    If they gonna add a new race I hope for something with an actully face and a body, not just an invisible guy covered in bandages. Feels kind
    of a waste to introducing a whole playable race like that. At least for me. On the other hand, Blizzard would save tons of skinning and modeling I guess.