Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

What is the minimum item level required for the solo challenge?

My Arms Warrior is 867, is that good enough or should I go for 880?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    You'll likely want closer to 900. It's tuned for ToS equipment.

From what I've heard, 880 is probably low. I can't speak for every spec, but most people who are getting it done are 900+.

Depends on spec/class, but judging by people that have beat it: 895-905

Windwalker challenge wasn't that hard with ~890 (PvP) gear.
    Last edited by Nerovar; 2017-04-05 at 09:33 PM.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

Deleted
    Currently, most people are complaining that it is too hard and requires a bare minimum of ilvl 910.

So far, the challenge is, surprise surprise, quite challenging. I don't think you can do this without at least ilvl 875-880. This is my personal opinion, if you can prove me wrong, please do so!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigthumbb View Post
    From what I've heard, 880 is probably low. I can't speak for every spec, but most people who are getting it done are 900+.
    What's the easiest way to get to 900 item level?

I don't know how gearing works this expansion.

7+ Year Old Account

raiding and mythic+

Formerly known as Arafal

Did the BM one at 890, DPS wasn't the issue, so you can probably do it lower quite easily.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by High Priest Arafal View Post
    raiding and mythic+
    Does normal raiding get you 900 item level now?

I don't think anyone is going to take a 867 dps warrior. I probably have to just start mythic groups on my own and work up from there. Or just grind arena for pvp gear that's probably close to 900. Idk.

i'm at 873 and I can't beat the enrage timer, so it's probably closer tuned for 900ish, which people are saying it's tuned for people with ToS gear so that makes sense.

7+ Year Old Account

I don't think anyone is going to take a 867 dps warrior. I probably have to just start mythic groups on my own and work up from there. Or just grind arena for pvp gear that's probably close to 900. Idk.

no, normal NH drops 870-880 gear.
    900+ is currently more of high mythic gear.

pvp also wont get you far, the gear is meh unless you have some rating.

the fastest way currently would be farming tons of nethershards and buying relentless tokens from the broken shore, those give you 880 gear.
    then either raiding or mythic keystone.

Formerly known as Arafal

i would say it is having 890 -895 (heroic raid gear with bis trinkets) + the new golden trait for artefact weapon, and a bunch of legendaries to choose from. If u dont have the golden trait (i will get it tomorrow perhaps), i have a hard time with 903 near bis stats gear on the last phase of the scenario. i talked with a guy from another class that shares the same scenario, and he told me that his class uses another wayway(ignore last addwave, that i constantly beat to 30ish percent before they reach the boss and wipe , while boss is at like 20 %) , to nuke the boss. Perhaps this could work, im gonna try it tommorow when i come home from work(and the tower is hopefully still there). this is after 40iesh tries on the scenario. So its not THAT hard, but it affords good heroic nh gear, and a lot of player skill and knowhow.

As an 867 warrior u will never be able to beat it, the cooldown usage is pretty much set in stone for many utilitie abilities, there is no reall wiggle room, and timings have to be very precise. For warrior , u need to kill the ilusion mobs wiht max 2 globals or you die, and u need to kill the 3 adds in last phase (3 sets of those) very quickly (especially the last set). If i manage to not be able to this with drums, pot and all cooldowns up as a 903 arms with 85 % mastery, bets are high u will die hopelessly in p1.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did the BM hunter one with 891 ilvl, prydaz & voodoo mask for healing in 20-ish attempts. But I agree with Soisoisoi, it can be done with lower ilvl, although healing might be an issue if you dont have good healing legendaries. I dont even have the new golden trait, nor do i do mythic raiding. So BM is probably one of the easier ones.

But i gotta say, I really hate interrupting with freezing trap.

Some specs is doable 880 like 3 if them rest require 900 or the correct legendaries aka cc/healing ones

The easiest way to get to 900 item level is to wait for the next tier of raiding (Tomb of Sargeras, coming out in 2-3 months). That's what Blizzard intend for most people to do for completing these challenges.

ToS is 900 and up for normal, so that should work for you.
    Professor Johnston often said that if you didn't know history, you didn't know anything. You were a leaf that didn't know it was part of a tree. ~Michael Crichton, Timeline

Did you used to post at WoW Insider? Your name sounds familiar.

Anyways, if you struggle finding mythic groups as a DPS you can add my tag. Jimson#1250. When I tank mythic+0 I always take the lowest ilvl that signs up, because they need the gear more than the 890+ guys and I'm not worried about a little longer run.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Deleted

You can farm shards on the isle, and turn them in for tokens (the purple ones, 5k per item)
    They are minimum 880, with chance to proc war-/titanforged

grind nethershards > 880 gear (done in 1 Day) after that spam 7 - 10 M+ keys or do HC - Mythic Nighthold