Sentinax and the Broken Shore content are now useless as of now

With the recent nerf to the Sentinax, Empowered portals are so rare that there is no point in doing it anymore. How do we farm shards if we're at work/class/school/etc at the hours of 2am - 2pm PST. Why was the Sentinax nerfed anyways? It was a great catchup mechanic to gear up alts for Tomb. The nerf was such an unnecessary change and needs to be reverted. Also the Mage Tower, being designed around the 2% playerbase? I expected it to be challenging yes but not to the point where, where you said challenging you meant nearly impossible. Also a lot of us are sick of doing the Nighthold every single week. I'd rather be doing some outdoor content. What point was there to releasing 7.2 if you're just going to repel us from its content?

Legion has been SO good and with 7.2, all I can say now is: What in the HELL is going on at Blizzard Entertainment?
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

i have to agree, this patch has been horrible. like we are being actively prevented from doing the content or enjoying it.
    on the wow forums people are saying its because the devs dont want flying but feel forced into it. might be so... i assume its hard to fly playing on a tablet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe you're not supposed to mindlessly farm shards..
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntaer View Post
    And what else are you supposed to do on an empty isle?

Who in their right mind farms shards? I've got way more than I have any use for, and I haven't even been farming them.

However, I do agree that reducing the frequency of calling higher end commanders etc, does reduce the interest in even just going to the sentinax for fun.

If you are only there for an hour or so, there is now little chance of anything happening - so why bother going there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Which isle are you referring to ?

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

The issue is: that's the only way to use the new vendors which for non-raiders would be "the new content." There's nothing else there but a single dungeon that has the same ilvl drops as the rest of them.

I was lucky enough to be off work for yesterday's invasion and barely finished it in time, gave me just enough in total (along with everything else I happened to have had) to buy a single 5k item. I have 14 slots.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    he's got a point..

Also, i actually liked the "mindless farm", while listening to a podcast etc.

I'm pretty burnt out on the 'content' already and I work full time so my play time is really limited.

Pretty sad.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

This!
    There is not much else to say about this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I just dont want to do the broken shore dailys hahah, I'm SUPER far behind on rep I'm not even honored yet... RIPmyflying hahaha

10+ Year Old Account
    The whole invasion thing being on a timer is retarded. It should be an ALL DAY thing. Their dev team is really really dropping the ball pretty hard these days. It's like they hired mentally disabled interns to run their dev team.

- - - Updated - - -

That isn't the issue. The issue is that they are favoring certain play styles over others. People SHOULDN'T be punished simply because they play a certain time a day or rewarded because they're no lifers with no jobs and can stay on whenever an event time is happening.

I already missed 2 of the 3 invasions, and the invasion I did get I managed to do it by the skin of my teeth with like 8 minutes left on the timer and had to ask the guild raid to wait a bit while I finished it.
    Last edited by Saverem; 2017-04-06 at 09:58 PM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Far from useless. The big problem is getting enough portals. I'm not sure if there is a way around it, but you get a lot of shards just from doing other things on the shore as well as invasions so its really not that serious. Farming prior was a bit too silly. Some of our raiders were able to get bis for ever trinkets just from afking out there. It needed to be adjusted one way or another.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, is proofreading titles really that difficult?
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted
    Then what is the point of the Sentinax and the beacons? if you are not meant to fram them, why are they there? What *IS* their purpose?

face it, its a grind. Its designed as grind. All that I ask for is that the grind is worthwhile and that it is fun.

Killing hordes of demons that pour out of the greater beacons was fun, and the rewards were ok-ish (~10k shards/hour if you pulled multiple portals at once - which isn't too much since the items have to WF/TF to be usable, and gambling for an arcano crystal on the trinket slot will take some hundreds of tokens).

Now you can#t even have fun there. Not enough beacons to open portals. the beacons that do drop last only for a few seconds. its absolutely atrocious now.

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This isn't the first time Blizzard had an amazing idea with absolute shit execution. Getting excited for new shit is only really setting yourself up for disappointment.
    -=From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me. I craved the strength and certainty of steel. I aspired to the purity of the blessed machine. Your kind claimed your flesh as if it will not decay and fail you. One day the crude biomass that you call a temple will wither, and you will beg my kind to save you... But I am already saved..... For the machine is immortal=-

Deleted
    Please do remember that it's a demonic invasion we're fighting. Not 4 chaps who decided to swap their Sunday afternoon tea with gin and then bursted into your backyard, for you to fence off. It is a bloody war and an invasion, which means fighting 24/7, all over, until one side gets eliminated.. war.