Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cysia View Post
    that could aslo work if over time say evry 5-10sec it took more and more rp per tick.

- - - Updated - - -

for me mg feels more what frost should be like imo then bos , fast attacks, frozenstrikes and some frost magic.

- - - Updated - - -

i did M hfc in wod and almost never used breath but necrotic plague and still did more the enough dmg (wish we got that back tbh )
    It had its places on some fights, honestly forgot it existed. I having flash backs to mythic Gorefiend, thanks lol. I did actually like having that as a secondary build for certain types of encounters, which we dont really have atm. The fantasy is vicious attacks and channeling runic power, which I would argue falls more in the BoS camp, but argument will go on for days if we do that and not really what I was trying to get at even if I went off from my main point. I was just trying to say that mechanicalyl speaking BoS just plays better with our passives and CDs and I prefer using a build that has synergy as apposed to anti-synergy.

Sorry if I strayed away from that point a bit much.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    I am actually 892, sorry, with only the waist legend. And I could never fully understand how to get the BoS rotation or priority rotation going well, seems extremely confusing. I could care less about being top dps or doing the best damage, but I also should not be dead last, only doing 350k damage.

My Prot Paladin Tank I've been playing since BS, is only 870 geared, but that thing is brain dead simple to play and I LOVE it. I Tank heroic NH with ease. It has a solid rotation, super straightforward, one spell after another pretty much, and rinse and repeat. And that's the style I like to play. But the Frost BoS DK is not that, so I am moving on to my Warrior Fury

- - - Updated - - -

Curious, what should a 892 geared Frost DK with one legendary be doing dps wise in MG build ?
    Well you never have said that you have the belt. That is why your not doing any dmg. Man alot of time has been wasted here lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Clash the DK View Post
    I'll say it. BoS shouldn't be nerfed; It should be completely deleted. BoS is the cancer.

Why would I want my 3 button spec reduced to 2 buttons half the time? The answer is I do not.
    Why would I want to look like a dumbass coughing up smoke? The answer is I do not.

Sure they could rebalance things. Nerf this, buff that. But I'm over it. I want to see it gone out of principle. BoS alters base gameplay too much.
    OMG that is the point of the ability and talents in general. They are supposed to alter the way you play, otherwise they would just all be passives which is not fun at all. I can argue with the other people in here but your just clueless.

I don't main my DK anymore, but I also agree that BoS is more annoying than fun to play with. Focusing on extending it feels wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by valsharia View Post
    BoS feels counter intuitive, saving rescources rather than using them, i prefer unholy's rng to the feel of breath

obliteration should just be a passive to compete
    MG is the same way though. You use all your stuff and then sit at one rune auto attacking.

Quote Originally Posted by SilvaAger View Post
    I don't main my DK anymore, but I also agree that BoS is more annoying than fun to play with. Focusing on extending it feels wrong.
    Thats because it is wrong. You dont focus on extending it, that just happens. BoS is at its core a burst spell and it doesnt ride or die on how long you have it up as long as you can make it last through your CDs...

Quote Originally Posted by Poisongaz View Post
    OMG that is the point of the ability and talents in general. They are supposed to alter the way you play, otherwise they would just all be passives which is not fun at all. I can argue with the other people in here but your just clueless.
    I said that it alters base gameplay "too much". There is a line and BoS crosses over it.
    Nobody said anything about making everything passives. That's just you over-reacting.

While I disliked the playstyle of betting everything on one ability, the alternative would be to have one of the most boring rotations that were made even more boring by choosing talents that gave you more boring stuff to do, to squeeze out anothter 0.2% damage. My biggest fear was how the ability could be used in the raid and so far I have to say for the NH encounters it works pretty well. Better than expected really, so it kinda grew on me and at least it feels a bit deathknighty. I do miss using frost scythe though, but the whole howling blast scaling really put the nail in that coffin, as there is barely any point in using that ability even for AoE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DesMephisto View Post
    fast attack ninja was fury warriors thing. You stole it from us, go extinguish your fires.
    Frost DKs were perfectly happy being obliterate crit machines, but Blizzard said "no more" to that at the end of WoD.

If you can wield your weapon with one hand, it isn't big enough.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I said that it alters base gameplay "too much". There is a line and BoS crosses over it.
    Nobody said anything about making everything passives. That's just you over-reacting.
    If you think that BoS changes the playstyle to much than you havent played Arms with Focused Rage before. Also BoS doesnt change what buttons you hit it just makes you think in a different way, which is not really a major playstyle change.

Wow, this entire thread is just cancer. Whatever, man. Go Fury. I'm sure pretending to be a competent dps while waiting for Draught of Souls and Battle Cry to come off cd every one and a half minutes will feel much more engaging than BoS does to you, but I hope to God no dev ever thinks like you do and decides Breath is bad for Frost, because it is all but objectively the best thing that has happened to this spec in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    While I disliked the playstyle of betting everything on one ability, the alternative would be to have one of the most boring rotations that were made even more boring by choosing talents that gave you more boring stuff to do, to squeeze out anothter 0.2% damage. My biggest fear was how the ability could be used in the raid and so far I have to say for the NH encounters it works pretty well. Better than expected really, so it kinda grew on me and at least it feels a bit deathknighty. I do miss using frost scythe though, but the whole howling blast scaling really put the nail in that coffin, as there is barely any point in using that ability even for AoE.
    Considering how much they have tied to Obliterate, I'm starting to think anything else would be a dps loss at this point. I'm not even sure if GA is a viable option after getting our new traits. It's too bad Obliteration sucks because it would be great to have an option other than BoS. Nevermind the fact that everything about the spec seems to funnel you into that playstyle.

Deleted
    It had its places on some fights, honestly forgot it existed. I having flash backs to mythic Gorefiend, thanks lol. I did actually like having that as a secondary build for certain types of encounters, which we dont really have atm. The fantasy is vicious attacks and channeling runic power, which I would argue falls more in the BoS camp, but argument will go on for days if we do that and not really what I was trying to get at even if I went off from my main point. I was just trying to say that mechanicalyl speaking BoS just plays better with our passives and CDs and I prefer using a build that has synergy as apposed to anti-synergy.

Sorry if I strayed away from that point a bit much.

- - - Updated - - -

Well you never have said that you have the belt. That is why your not doing any dmg. Man alot of time has been wasted here lol.

- - - Updated - - -

i liked NP aswell, but current breath just feels bad if you get targeted by something or have to soak something is one of my main problems with it. examples guldan fire having to soak polls on krosus, elisande in general, time bomb on CA.

Deleted
    glacial advance should be a frost damage based charge that does bonus damage if already in melee range

I'll say it. BoS shouldn't be nerfed; It should be completely deleted. BoS is the cancer.

Why would I want my 3 button spec reduced to 2 buttons half the time? The answer is I do not.
    Why would I want to look like a dumbass coughing up smoke? The answer is I do not.

Sure they could rebalance things. Nerf this, buff that. But I'm over it. I want to see it gone out of principle. BoS alters base gameplay too much.
    Actually I want to ask why do you care. You are obviously not the player that BoS is tailored to. You 891 ilvl and you havent even completed heroic yet. Not to say there is anything wrong with that. People have different priorities. Why are you here advocating for the removal of a talent when the content that you do does not require that you even use that ability? You are like the Shadow Priest that complained about STM killing them after it was done, because it wasnt good for world content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cysia View Post
    i liked NP aswell, but current breath just feels bad if you get targeted by something or have to soak something is one of my main problems with it. examples guldan fire having to soak polls on krosus, elisande in general, time bomb on CA.
    It just comes with the territory of the ability. High risk and high reward is just that.

as a cd you have two options. it changes how you play during that Cd, or it buffs what you do during that cd. The BOS changing the gameplay is completely fine. while you dont like it, its still fine. what needs to happen is an alternate playstyle, however a button that just increases damage will theoretically deal less damage while a talent that changes your gameplay should increase your damage if played correctly and be punishing if played poorly. the pro's and con's of designing.

I hate the animation more than anything. Should act the same but summon sindragosa to attack from the sky for the duration.

Quote Originally Posted by garonne View Post
    as a cd you have two options. it changes how you play during that Cd, or it buffs what you do during that cd. The BOS changing the gameplay is completely fine. while you dont like it, its still fine. what needs to happen is an alternate playstyle, however a button that just increases damage will theoretically deal less damage while a talent that changes your gameplay should increase your damage if played correctly and be punishing if played poorly. the pro's and con's of designing.
    I have been trying to say this through out this thread. Nobody is listening to me.

Deleted
    Actually I want to ask why do you care. You are obviously not the player that BoS is tailored to. You 891 ilvl and you havent even completed heroic yet. Not to say there is anything wrong with that. People have different priorities. Why are you here advocating for the removal of a talent when the content that you do does not require that you even use that ability? You are like the Shadow Priest that complained about STM killing them after it was done, because it wasnt good for world content.

- - - Updated - - -

It just comes with the territory of the ability. High risk and high reward is just that.
    I know i just never liked breath

If you think that BoS changes the playstyle to much than you havent played Arms with Focused Rage before. Also BoS doesnt change what buttons you hit it just makes you think in a different way, which is not really a major playstyle change.
    Focused Rage is just another version of old Heroic Strike. It's a throwback talent. I think it's fine having that as a option.

BoS does change what buttons you hit, but in a negative way. You are no longer using one of our signature abilities at all for long periods of time.

Deleted
    Focused Rage is just another version of old Heroic Strike. It's a throwback talent. I think it's fine having that as a option.

BoS does change what buttons you hit, but in a negative way. You are no longer using one of our signature abilities at all for long periods of time.
    ^ this breath makes you ingore froststrike for long times which i find should be your main dmg source.

Considering how much they have tied to Obliterate, I'm starting to think anything else would be a dps loss at this point. I'm not even sure if GA is a viable option after getting our new traits. It's too bad Obliteration sucks because it would be great to have an option other than BoS. Nevermind the fact that everything about the spec seems to funnel you into that playstyle.
    like i said above, i think this is tha major problem with BoS and before bos, the same for MG. there's only one playstyle. i dont even think i switched any dps talents for any bosses in NH.