Deleted

Question Can someone help our fire mage?

Hello guys
    So we have a fire mage in my guild who is not doing much dps compared to his ilvl (905eq). He really wants to improve but im not an expert on fire so i wanted to hear if anybody wanted to look at his logs and see what he does wrong :smiley: Im gonna link our krosus fight but all HC kills are in it
    www . warcraftlogs.com/reports/KHV2LYaBkgvR1z3p#fight=7&type=damage-done ty :smiley:

My most recent Krosus kill on heroic to give you an idea of my credibility.

www .warcraftlogs.com/reports/c93ytj64qzgwnRmx#fight=6&type=damage-done

One of the biggest thing I saw was his fireball usage. Obviously I have different legendaries so it won't be the same, but your mage cast almost double the fireballs that I did. Fireball is NOT a good thing to be casting, it is more a filler. He has 69 fireballs, and spent almost 35% of his time fireballing. I spent 24.41% of my time fireballing, which is much better.

Additionally, he is using Burning Sky trinket for a single target fight with no stacking mobs, which is terrible. Almost any other trinket could be better than that for single target, even a 860 stat stick which you can most likely get from a WQ at this point.

Additionally, looking at just a few seconds of the replay, he fireballs like 6-7 times at the start of the fight, instead of doing the standard opener. Fire is only good for Single Target when they are able to utilize their combustion, and their opener. Once he pops combustion he does okay, but could still be better. He needs to better utilize combustion.

Just a few pointers from a quick look over. By fixing combustion, it will help with his fireball usage time.

Quote Originally Posted by mahh1998 View Post
    Hello guys
    So we have a fire mage in my guild who is not doing much dps compared to his ilvl (905eq). He really wants to improve but im not an expert on fire so i wanted to hear if anybody wanted to look at his logs and see what he does wrong :smiley: Im gonna link our krosus fight but all HC kills are in it
    www . warcraftlogs.com/reports/KHV2LYaBkgvR1z3p#fight=7&type=damage-done ty :smiley:

Im really confused. Yah not great at close to 500, but fire is absolutely horrendous at ST right now. Will get better almost assuredly with 7.2.5. Doing 500K purest, pure ST (which really Krosus is that ST in all NH) WITHOUT bracers is not bad. Actually decent and totally acceptable IMO for Heroic content.

But aside from that, your Shadow Priest (who is all about ST mind you) blew total chunks and then died to a slam (never happened to me as rdps so Im not sure how that even happens). I would venture time is better spent on that raid member..? Also your Ele Shaman is pretty much routinely underperforming on literally every fight although that maybe gear related.

But you guys pretty much 1-shotted every boss aside from 2 swipes at Ele, so smashing success in general unless you planning to go hardcore mythic.
    Last edited by SFBayGamer; 2017-04-06 at 09:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SFBayGamer View Post
    Im really confused. Yah not great at close to 500, but fire is absolutely horrendous at ST right now. Will get better almost assuredly with 7.2.5

But aside from that, your Shadow Priest (who is all about ST mind you) blew total chunks and then died to a slam (never happened to me as rdps so Im not sure how that even happens). I would venture time is better spent on that raid member..? Also your Ele Shaman is pretty much routinely underperforming on literally every fight although that maybe gear related.

But you guys pretty much 1-shotted every boss aside from 2 swipes at Ele, so smashing success in general unless you planning to go hardcore mythic.
    Shadow is actually one of the worst ST specs in the game.

Just comparing the 2 logs..sheesh. Afflik is obviously a bad ass but his guild downed Krosus in like 1/2 the time too. His dps would drop a large amount if the encounter time shot up from 2min to 4min.

Afflik also has the BIS trinket at mythic level and fire bracers.

Afflik's 'full retard' 900+ ST Krosus parse is simply undoable for a vast majority of fire mages, in fact is in the top 5 of all fire mages of all time. He could have probably soloed Khadgar in that zone..

I think for average Joe fire mage pre-7.2.5, once you take out the parses with bracers/belt, hitting 500-500 aint bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnrage View Post
    Shadow is actually one of the worst ST specs in the game.
    Worse than fire mage? Did not know that. But my SP is still level 103..
    Icy veins literally says for SP: " Strengths: Very strong single-target and multi-target damage" and "Weaknesses: Weak AoE"

I do not have Whispers so I do not have BiS trinkets, and I'm missing Belt which is BiS. With Whispers / Belt that parse could have been significantly better.

In addition, Fire Mage and Shadow Priest are both pretty close when it comes to bad single target DPS. That being said, Fire Mages can still be competitive with Single target with Bracers, and rather good with Bracers / Belt.
    Last edited by Afflik; 2017-04-06 at 10:22 PM.

Deleted
    Most of Icy Veins hasn't been updated since Legion launched.
    "Strengths: Very strong single-target and multi-target damage". That was true during EN and TOV, when they played Surrender to Madness.

Just comparing the 2 logs..sheesh. Afflik is obviously a bad ass but his guild downed Krosus in like 1/2 the time too. His dps would drop a large amount if the encounter time shot up from 2min to 4min.

Afflik's 'full retard' 900+ ST Krosus parse is simply undoable for a vast majority of fire mages, in fact is in the top 5 of all fire mages of all time. He could have probably soloed Khadgar in that zone..

I think for average Joe fire mage pre-7.2.5, once you take out the parses with bracers/belt, hitting 500-500 aint bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Worse than fire mage? Did not know that. But my SP is still level 103..
    Icy veins literally says for SP: " Strengths: Very strong single-target and multi-target damage" and "Weaknesses: Weak AoE"
    shadow is indeed one of the worst ST dps

Fireballs at the start is probably to get HS. He's got 4 of prolonged combust traits, so he needs to fill it somehow. That is right.
    UPD no, he got 2 crits from the first two fireballs, but didn't proceed to combustion and wasted time and munched procs for another 5 seconds
    He's running Kindling+MI, this is wrong. Use meteor or CiS.
    He's using Kindling, but doesn't use another combustion - this is major problem, but fixed by p2.
    Fury and Skovald push his ilvl, but do no damage. Change with helya crit stat stick, metronome or whispers.
    913 ilvl weapon - another major dps problem.
    Lacking leg bracers - another big problem.
    1:43-2:05 - 7 fireballs without Pyro. Sad rng. Plus he must've ran to cover far poodle? He lost a great amount in this timeframe. But probably someone had to.
    0:49-0:56 he's doing nothing?
    1:29-1:41 7 fireballs, no pyro?
    It is either worst rng, or he's munching HU procs, not converting them to HS.
    Also he maybe (very hard to check) looses uptime when moving from the beam. You could use globals to move and waste 0 time on it.

00:01:04.213 Birden casts Pyroblast on Burning Ember 5
    00:01:05.476 Birden casts Blazing Barrier
    00:01:07.556 Birden casts Shimmer
    00:01:09.502 Birden begins casting Fireball
    00:01:10.754 Birden casts Fire Blast on Krosus
    00:01:11.159 Birden casts Fireball on Krosus
    00:01:11.159 Birden begins casting Fireball
    00:01:12.861 Birden casts Fireball on Krosus
    00:01:12.861 Birden begins casting Pyroblast
    00:01:12.861 Birden casts Pyroblast on Krosus
    Looked at random place when he had low pyro amount. This sequence contains at least one mistake. If he had HS after first pyro, then no FB needed and he should've Pyro after first FBall. If he had HU, he converted it with FB and sould've Pyro right after Fball, if he had neither, he just wasted FB. This little mistakes can pile up during the fight. I recommend checking Altered Time for Rinoa's guide, it is very good.
    Also, before that he scorched Embers. Their existence is a dps loss in the first place, and probably not much people helped him to get rid of them. (yes, he's second dps on them). Minding all these, using scorch might still not be the best thing in that situation. Except maybe he wanted to run from far back to the middle?
    Last edited by Imaskar; 2017-04-11 at 12:25 PM.