Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Igi View Post
    Personal opinion : It shows that Blizzard will do what players want if enough of them complain. It might sound like a good thing but considering 99% of players ideas i see on this site are completely retarded (sorry for using that word) I'd prefer them not to cave in every single time.
    Blizz should just make it so for an entire patch cycle they listen to players ideas to show us how dumb we all are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    They think blizzard are caving. What they don't realise is that NOBODY asked for this or even considered it. They just wanted more invasions to be available.

Because it still doesnt change the fact that the invasions were suppose to be the best place to farm shards, rep and misc things.

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Like Blizzard said, invasions disrupt normal gameplay in the zone. Making them last longer or be more frequent would still piss off a lot of people.
    It doesn't really disrupt much though I don't think. Maybe it does more than I realize I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    For flying achievement?

I agree it's a bit of a knee jerk reaction, surely a better solution would've to make the invasion timers identical to the previous Legion Invasions like everybody expected so nobody misses it BUT I don't understand why people are complaining about those unhappy with the Invasions... Invasions was a core feature of 7.2 and Blizzards choice of timing is inexcusable (EU apparently was 3am-8am today) so something obviously needed to happen
    You can't do any WQ in that zone while they are active outside of the invasion ones. So it would toss a wrench into emisary quests. The pre Legion invasions happened in sections of the game almost nobody uses so it didn't impact many people that wanted to do things there that wasn't the invasion. Blocking out a zone to people leveling or doing different things to a bunch of random invasions in the Broken Shores would be a nightmare. Most importantly why would anybody be upset this has been removed from the requirements to fly? Nobody has finished it yet and had it changed, most have done 1 tops 2 of them and the 2nd one was live after the changes. For the people that want to do them you still can and should. This is a non issue for everybody.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Because it's a lame workaround of the underlying issue that it can still be up at stupid times regardless of the meta achievement. They could've easily made it 24 hours -- make them not overlap regular zone WQs, but nope; Blizz doing what they typically do, blanket "fix".
    Last edited by Daedius; 2017-04-06 at 07:18 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    You're supposed to work during the day, prepare dinner when you get back, do stuff with friends/family, play other games (that are much better) and play WoW a little when your friends get on. That's it, if you're doing more than this, you're playing it wrong.
    Ha.

Ha ha.

I cut out that Ozzie and Harriet bullsht schedule when I turned 18 and moved out on my own.

Now, outside of work, I do what I want as the mood strikes me. And I play WoW almost 100% for things I can solo or queue for. Playing it wrong? Well ...

" There is no wrong, there is no right, and I sleep very well at night." Don Henley, The Garden of Allah
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by netherflame View Post
    Blizz should just make it so for an entire patch cycle they listen to players ideas to show us how dumb we all are.
    Or maybe we should just all quit our jobs so we can play in the middle of the day. Can you use food stamps for a wow subscription?

- - - Updated - - -

Get your facts straight before posting next time and learn what "random" means.
    Is this the same random that caused the same world boss to spawn what 2, 3 times in a row? Or the same random that gave some players 2-3 legendaries before the other 99% of players even had one?

Again nobody asked that it be removed, simply that it be attainable so that working players can unlock flying with everyone else in the reasonable amount of time.

Note that the achievement itself was not removed, but rather the achievement was removed from the meta requirement.

The only real complaining is coming from the no-lifers who think they should be the only special ones flying around while the plebeian 9-5 working class walk their asses through the broken isles.

PSA: If you're playing 24/7 there isn't a soul on these forums, in-game, or IRL that thinks you're cool. That achievement should come with a title "the Envy of None"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selvarion View Post
    People didn't want them removed though, they wanted them to be accessible reliably by people not able log on at 4 am or during the work day. Yes they know eventually they will happen when they are on but its a shit system. The decision to remove them from the achievement is less giving into player demand and more Blizzard refusing to admit their system is trash.
    Or maybe the invasions work *exactly* like world quests do like they've said over and over.

Players want the WOD invasions where they sit afk for an hour while 8 characters complete the invasion, logout and return 3 hours later. Blizzard didn't like that style of play which is why it was nerfed multiple times.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    They think blizzard are caving. What they don't realise is that NOBODY asked for this or even considered it. They just wanted more invasions to be available.
    We have a winner!

Here is the thing, for once, for freaking once players weren't asking for a free hand out, players were actually asking to be able to do content. Removing the achievement was completely on Blizzard and not what people were requesting. People were requesting that they make the content much more reasonable for the player base to consume, which isn't a bitching or whining thing to do, it was and is actually reasonable for once.

Anyone that wants to blame players for it removal are putting the blame squarely on the wrong people. This is the one damn time Blizzard took the easy way out rather than the players requesting an easy way out.

Deleted
    If the scenario is always going to be the same, I'm not going to bother with it after completing all four. Just waste of time.

Deleted
    I just dont understand why I have only seen 1 invasion and I play alot. They should be up every few hours not every other day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    For flying achievement?

I agree it's a bit of a knee jerk reaction, surely a better solution would've to make the invasion timers identical to the previous Legion Invasions like everybody expected so nobody misses it BUT I don't understand why people are complaining about those unhappy with the Invasions... Invasions was a core feature of 7.2 and Blizzards choice of timing is inexcusable (EU apparently was 3am-8am today) so something obviously needed to happen
    Because its a band-aid fix.

Instead of fixing Invasions they went the easy route and removed them from flying. But you still miss out on shards and 1500 rep if you can#t be there for the Invasion.

Blizzard loves phasing so much. I don't see why its so hard to make Invasions last 24h and phase them. Make the region shift to normal once you have finished the scenario. Else the region is phased. Done. everybody is happy. You could do guaranteed one Invasion per day, and you could still do WQs after that.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    There is no 11 week timegate.
    There is a lengthy timegate for the campaign. I saw 11 weeks posted by someone who was quoting a datamine. Might not be 11 but it's going to be a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    There is a lengthy timegate for the campaign. I saw 11 weeks posted by someone who was quoting a datamine. Might not be 11 but it's going to be a while.
    It is 11 weeks. Can be seen on achievement too.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    It is 11 weeks. Can be seen on achievement too.
    Well there you go, @munkeyinorbit

Personal opinion : It shows that Blizzard will do what players want if enough of them complain. It might sound like a good thing but considering 99% of players ideas i see on this site are completely retarded (sorry for using that word) I'd prefer them not to cave in every single time.
    Agreed. I'm not remotely bothered by what Blizzard did, but I'm concerned about why they did it, and what that means for the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Solute View Post
    You would have eventually hit all the invasions as they were on a cycle. I did the first one Tuesday right after work (5pm EST), yesterday I caught in on my lunch break (1pm EST) and this morning I caught it before work (7am EST)

My point is, just because you missed the content in that moment does not mean you missed it forever.

I could use the same argument with the world PVP quests that give 500 honor. There is one that cycles while I am at work and I miss it everyday, should blizz just take out the requriement to do those 20 times each for a mount becuase I miss them everday?
    I want you to stop and re-read the bolded parts there. Think carefully about those. Most people who play normally are going to play after work in the evening (presuming they work a day job with ~8-5 hours) and on the weekend. Most people can't play at lunchtime (and don't even have WoW on work machines) and aren't going to play at 6-7am when they need to be getting ready for work.

The fact is that if you have a M-F, 8-5 job your playtime is weekends and weekday evenings. Having invasions outside of those times is fine (not everyone works those hours) but why not have one invasion per day and have it simply last 24 hours? When I complete it, it's done for me that day.

Deleted
    Wouldn't have been a problem if the 6 hour long event started at 2PM for EU but they had to put the first one up after servers come back up when people were at work and then the next one when they were in bed resting for work the next day but then it wouldn't go with the theme of 7.2 of pissing as many people off as they could.

They have been catching so much crap since 7.2 maybe they are trying to save a little face doing what they did although that doesn't help the people that want to just do the invasions.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    I want you to stop and re-read the bolded parts there. Think carefully about those. Most people who play normally are going to play after work in the evening (presuming they work a day job with ~8-5 hours) and on the weekend. Most people can't play at lunchtime (and don't even have WoW on work machines) and aren't going to play at 6-7am when they need to be getting ready for work.

The fact is that if you have a M-F, 8-5 job your playtime is weekends and weekday evenings. Having invasions outside of those times is fine (not everyone works those hours) but why not have one invasion per day and have it simply last 24 hours? When I complete it, it's done for me that day.
    Ion is really out of touch with what players enjoy at this point. They are so focused on content replay-ability that they forget to look at whether people actually want to do it. This is similar to hunting a rare spawn in EQ and we know how people hated that.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222