Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zaphre View Post
    With Dire Frenzy / legendary shoulders, even with 2 stacks you get countless DF CD wasted, since its only optimal to use the skill to refresh the pet buff, thats the whole point of this talent. I have the shoulders, i'm pulling 800k on Krosus mythic with it and i cannot count how long i've sit on 2 stacks of DF waiting for the pet buff to reach 1s so i can refresh it. DF is all about pet buff management, not how many times you can use it in a fight.

Now, if you have a 5s CD reduction, you most often will be able to use DF on cooldown without the worry of losing the stacks on pet, since the buff lasts 8s on pet, one single 5s reduction proc during that period would make it viable to just spend the DF charge at will.

OWTP might be mandatory, but the legendary shoulders wont, since you will now be able to most likely just spend that DF without caring about the pet buff... 100% chance to reduce 5s on DF? Sign me up, i'll delete my legendary shoulder in a live stream if this happen.
    It's a 3 sec reduction that gets effected by haste they said so most likley could be 5 sec or more

Quote Originally Posted by Huskar000 View Post
    It's a 3 sec reduction that gets effected by haste they said so most likley could be 5 sec or more
    I know i know, was just responding to the guy that questioned my suggestion of a 5s reduction instead of 3s. I only see this change affecting Stomp/Direbeast honestly.

And if they make the shoulders trivial, it just might be worth it to unequip it, making it viable to use 2set NH and 4set TOS.

And honestly, 2set NH + 4set TOS >>>>>>>>>>> Legendary Shoulder + 4set TOS

With legendary shoulder beeing mandatory, would be impossible to combo both sets.

But i guess people fail to see this.

I know i know, was just responding to the guy that questioned my suggestion of a 5s reduction instead of 3s. I only see this change affecting Stomp/Direbeast honestly.

And if they make the shoulders trivial, it just might be worth it to unequip it, making it viable to use 2set NH and 4set TOS.

And honestly, 2set NH + 4set TOS >>>>>>>>>>> Legendary Shoulder + 4set TOS

With legendary shoulder beeing mandatory, would be impossible to combo both sets.

But i guess people fail to see this.
    Yeah plus they said they're doing something with DF for 2pc t19

Deleted
    Sigh, they are bending over backwards to make the most akward change instead of simply making 2 charges baseline.

What happened to beauty in simplicity?

T19 2pc already affects DF, while BW is active the pet gains aditional 10% DMG while DF buff is active on him, they said something about changing this?

That post afaik was from January.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    Since BM is now the worst performing raiding hunter spec (Ya SV is doing well for those playing it well enough) they should either A) buff several things across the board and keep playstyle as is or B) make it harder. Somehow. How? Idk. Less boring. More challenging and rewarding. Like SV. But without as many buffs/debuffs to track and maintain lol.
    you must be kidding....
    bm is ahead of mm even including mm padding fights like skorpyron, spellblade and tichondrius. bm starts to outdps sv on 90%+. thats with 100% mobility and weird pet behavior on krosus.
    nevertheless i agree with your 2nd point. some complexity or thoughtprocess involved would definitely help making bm bearable.

OT: this is going to be a huge nerf to our top end. now were in a great spot if we have the leggos and slightly below average without them. blizz hesitates balancing speccs around specific legendaries. those hesitations will be moot and i guess well be below aveage again....
    Last edited by mmoc12739b337f; 2017-04-07 at 12:29 AM.

My intent wasn't to question your suggestion. I deleted my post before you answered it too because I actually hate the current DF playstyle and I hadn't fully grasped the ramifications right away.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuken View Post
    My intent wasn't to question your suggestion. I deleted my post before you answered it too because I actually hate the current DF playstyle and I hadn't fully grasped the ramifications right away.
    Without the shoulder, it sucks to mantain DF, with it, its a blast to play tbh.

I main BM, and I still don't have shoulders. The for difference between myself and my pal with Mantle was very noticeable, but it didn't anger me. I accepted the need for the Mantle and am excited every time I loot something that could grant them. I guess most were upset at the nearly required aspect of that Lego.

As a BM Hunter without Shoulders, I am disappointed I will probably not get to experience it's awesomeness by 7.2.5

You guys are over reacting to "one" change of what will be many once 7.2.5 hits the PTR just relax they might re-do that whole level 60 row, who knows? maybe shoulder owners might select a different talent set up, who knows you guys just need to R-E-L-A-X..

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Do you even play this game? You're just flat out fucking wrong.
    Was the worst spec in the game prior to 7.2 so maybe he just missed one week.

Since BM is now the worst performing raiding hunter spec (Ya SV is doing well for those playing it well enough) they should either A) buff several things across the board and keep playstyle as is or B) make it harder. Somehow. How? Idk. Less boring. More challenging and rewarding. Like SV. But without as many buffs/debuffs to track and maintain lol.
    BM is doing much better than MM since the patch, don't know where you get that from. Take a look at logs from this week.

Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    BM is doing much better than MM since the patch, don't know where you get that from. Take a look at logs from this week.
    Oh right the MM nerf they had. Still a boring spec :P
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Oh right the MM nerf they had. Still a boring spec :P
    It's not really the MM nerf so much as the massive buff BM got from Thunderslash. BM went from the lowest DPS ranged spec to 2nd/3rd behind Frost and Affliction.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/11#boss=1863
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/11#boss=1842
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/11#boss=1867

Thunderslash is a 10-12% dps increase for a single artifact point. That's enough to go from bottom to top considering how close most ranged specs were already.
    Last edited by ydraw; 2017-04-07 at 05:46 AM.

Doesn't "affected by haste" on reduced cooldown effects mean that it will be less cdr the higher your haste it to keep the percentage cdr the same, no matter your haste level?

@Topic: would also prefer to them just making 2 charges of db baseline and change the shoulders. I got 7 legendaries and no shoulders yet, so can't speak from experience, but it just seems like such a good effect in theory
    Last edited by andreasels; 2017-04-07 at 05:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by andreasels View Post
    Doesn't "affected by haste" on reduced cooldown effects mean that it will be less cdr the higher your haste it to keep the percentage cdr the same, no matter your haste level?

@Topic: would also prefer to them just making 2 charges of db baseline and change the shoulders. I got 7 legendaries and no shoulders yet, so can't speak from experience, but it just seems like such a good effect in theory
    Yes so 3 sec baseline maybe and then say 2 sec for 20% haste

Keep calm, guys. I guess, the whole picture will be ok, like most of the time. Lifes too short to complain about puzzle pieces like this.

Since BM is now the worst performing raiding hunter spec
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/11#class=Hunter

WAT

This change may sound good in theory (for blizz), and it does indeed smoth out the rotation of a BM hunter without the mantle to a certain degree. However, it also severely nerfs our top end performance. And it is not like BM hunters are stellar and are in need of a nerf. Just make 2 chages baseline already. Reduce wild call procs to compensate for non mantle owners, but keep it the same for those with the mantle as a legendary effect. That is it - problem solved.