Thread: Rogue quest OP?

Page 1 of 16
... LastLast

Rogue quest OP?

I've been watching Dog stream for quite a while and the quest doesn't seem that hard to complete, couple that with some 1 mana charge minions, moroes and violet teacher works incredibly well with the reward,he just reached rank 1 legend with it. I know it's too early to tell, but it just seems insane, he even beats pirate warrior and jade decks easily.

Decklist:
    Last edited by NED funded; 2017-04-06 at 10:43 PM.

(Which one is the rogue quest?)

Sec reading images in my post.

- - - Updated - - -

Well. Which card is the one he plays four times?

Also violet teacher's disciples become 5/5? I thought it meant just the stats of cards in your deck became 5/5...

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post

Also violet teacher's disciples become 5/5? I thought it meant just the stats of cards in your deck became 5/5...
    Seems to be any of his 2 that he draws quickly if he also has bounce back, novices seem like a good idea, or swashburglers.

Any minions on your side of the board become 5/5, including violet teacher, moroes, etc.

(Which one is the rogue quest?)

Sec reading images in my post.

- - - Updated - - -

It's either the 1/1 pirate, 2/1 pirate or the 1/1 battlecry draw a card.

Its a fun combo deck for sure. Also everything you play bacome 5/5 baseline, even summons. The way to do it is run stuff like feiryman, brewmaster and shadowstep. The thing is aside from charge minions it needs a board to complete it. So stay high on hp and dont leave all those weak minions on board. It is one of the strongest quest so far.

15+ Year Old Account
    I made something similar but instead am using 1xPrep, 1xSwash, 1xFok and no VanCleef. Instead running 2 x Fire Fly and 2 x Igneous Elemental, as the tokens they generate are identical.

I don't like VC in this deck. Your early game consists of trying to rush your quest ASAP with Brewmaster and Ferrymen, which leaves little room for a big early VC. Later on he just becomes another 5/5, unless I'm dead wrong and he hits the board as 5/5 and THEN gets his buffs, in which case I will give him another chance.

The deck is highly opener-dependant, if you can't rush your quest you just lose.

I like it though. It requires finesse and planning to play right.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Surprisingly the priest quest is playable for me so far. Copy of minions with death rattle counts toward the quest and with all the dragons rotating out, dragon fire potion just rapes all the mid range and aggro deck. I had easiest time against taunt warrior and quest hunters so far. Quest hunter deals fine damage, but arent fast enough to stoo control decks with minions.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    I made something similar but instead am using 1xPrep, 1xSwash, 1xFok and no VanCleef. Instead running 2 x Fire Fly and 2 x Igneous Elemental, as the tokens they generate are identical.

I don't like VC in this deck. Your early game consists of trying to rush your quest ASAP with Brewmaster and Ferrymen, which leaves little room for a big early VC. Later on he just becomes another 5/5, unless I'm dead wrong and he hits the board as 5/5 and THEN gets his buffs, in which case I will give him another chance.

The deck is highly opener-dependant, if you can't rush your quest you just lose.

I like it though. It requires finesse and planning to play right.
    From what I've seen Van Cleef is usually used against aggro decks. He just dumps a lot of cheap minions and then throws it to finish the game. Pirate warrior usually can't handle it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Surprisingly the priest quest is playable for me so far. Copy of minions with death rattle counts toward the quest and with all the dragons rotating out, dragon fire potion just rapes all the mid range and aggro deck. I had easiest time against taunt warrior and quest hunters so far. Quest hunter deals fine damage, but arent fast enough to stoo control decks with minions.
    Hunter quest so far doesn't seem that good, you need like an insane opener for it to work and even then unless you draw the tolvir warden you are still very vulnerable if they have removal against Queen Carnassa.

15+ Year Old Account
    Found out that VC does indeed grow beyond 5/5. Biteweed too.

Far to early to say it's o/p. If it is beating the old meta (which it seems to be) then it's meta-busting. Which is good, as the meta has sucked for a bit. If it ends up supreme in a new meta, then it'll be time to say it's o/p.

Dirty rat is just one of many counters. I think it'll be OK.

Found out that VC does indeed grow beyond 5/5. Biteweed too.
    Battlecry seems to trigger after the quest buff when you play a minion. Kinda like violet teacher and spells buff mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by zinfandel View Post
    Far to early to say it's o/p. If it is beating the old meta (which it seems to be)
    There's no such thing as "old meta". Those decks are literally unplayable.

The second thing that happens after logging in is Blizzard taking you to the collections screen and telling you that you have no standard decks. I'm under the assumption that every single Hearthstone player (no exaggeration) had to craft a new deck or edit a preexisting one to play Standard.

Personally I played like 4 games and faced all quest decks.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Battlecry seems to trigger after the quest buff when you play a minion. Kinda like violet teacher and spells buff mechanics.
    Yah I was originally under the assumption that the quest would work by forcing all your minions to be 5/5 permanantly. I was wrong.

The rogue quest seems pretty hit or miss to me. I've faced 7 of them so far and I've won 5 of those (playing elemental shaman).

If they have a damn good starting hand and can complete the quest fairly quickly, then you're in trouble, because every single minion becomes a 5/5. That's including already existing minions on the board and tokens summoned through other means.

But if they haven't been praying enough to RNGeesus lately, then it is fairly easy to finish them off before they become a threat. Just remember to keep the board clear when they're getting close to finishing the quest.

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSnow View Post
    Hunter quest so far doesn't seem that good, you need like an insane opener for it to work and even then unless you draw the tolvir warden you are still very vulnerable if they have removal against Queen Carnassa.
    I've played around with the hunter quest (20 games), and so far it seems really meh to me.

First, you need a really good opener in order to complete it within a decent timeframe.

Second, no matter how i tweak the deck, it runs out of steam so damn fast if your oponent has any kind of AoE removal, seeing as you have to run a fair amount of 1-drops if you want to have any hope of actually doing the quest.

And if you manage to complete the quest, you are really reliant on your oponent not having any sort of AoE removal left (any decent player would've held on to at least something upon seeing a quest hunter), because otherwise your raptors don't get to stick around. I tried running tundra rhinos to give the raptors charge, but actually drawing the damn things was rather difficult.

I'd say it was about a 50/50 for me against aggro matchups. If I had a good opener, I usually won. But I lost almost every single time I hit a control deck. Your minions are simply not sticky enough in those.

I won't rule out the fact that I might not be the best deck-maker out there though. Someone might come up with a working quest-hunter deck in the future.

15+ Year Old Account
    Re: hunter quest above:

Have you tried going for a more midrange-y deck, utilising Fire Flies and Igneous Elementals? Each one you put in your deck is worth two 1-drops due to their tokens, so you're not forced to fill your whole deck with weenies to complete the quest

Bonus points for using that 3/3 mini-Huhuran on the Ingeous Elementals

You won't rush your quest, but it means you have flexibility to expand the deck's presence.

I wonder if in a couple weeks people will come to the realization that having 2 separate cards reward the same minion is a bad thing. Nearly removes any weakness of the rogue and hunter quests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

There's no such thing as "old meta". Those decks are literally unplayable.

The second thing that happens after logging in is Blizzard taking you to the collections screen and telling you that you have no standard decks. I'm under the assumption that every single Hearthstone player (no exaggeration) had to craft a new deck or edit a pre-existing one to play Standard.

Personally I played like 4 games and faced all quest decks.
    Woo 4 games. Thanks for your extensive research /sarcasm

There is an old meta - its the pirate warrior and jade druid decks the o/p referred to. (All decks that had one or more now wild cards have been converted to wild. All people who want to still play them have to do is to click 'convert to standard' and replace any wild cards. In the case of jade druid, its about 4.)

Quest rogue is definitely a very powerful deck on the first day of the expansion. It remains to be seen how counterable it is. It certainly isn't 'unplayable'. Pre-nerf patches wasn't unplayable.

Have you tried going for a more midrange-y deck, utilising Fire Flies and Igneous Elementals? Each one you put in your deck is worth two 1-drops due to their tokens, so you're not forced to fill your whole deck with weenies to complete the quest

You won't rush your quest, but it means you have flexibility to expand the deck's presence.
    That might not be a terrible idea, could solve the problem of filling the deck with too many 1-drops, because it really doesn't seem to work as an aggro deck. Gonna' have to test it out, thanks for the idea .

Another way to make midrange hunter even better and more flexible is to cut the quest and the bad 1-drops you put in your deck to support it.

No idea why people are struggling with Quest Hunter so much. Climbed from 15 to 10 with it and had about 4 loses so far. Barring horrendous draw I'm completing the Quest by turn 6 or 7 then refilling my hand pretty easily with Buzzard and killing people with Tundra Rhino and Broods.