Poll: Do you support Trump?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    The president can not declare war on another country nor allow troops to be on the ground for more then 90 days without Congressional approval. If the president does not abide by that law the president can be impeached and removed from power by Congress. Again the president is not a king or dictator with unfettered authority. Just like Trumps illegal Muslim ban which was shot down by the courts he is not all powerful.

P.S. Actually a less then a quarter of the population voted him in since he lost the popular vote and half the population stayed home on election day. I am pretty sure come 2020 if Trump isn't impeached or resigns those other 50% wont be sitting home.
    Does this apply, considering US is already acting in Syria since 2011?

OT: I don't think Trump is such a bad candidate, I just think he is a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation.

There are many individuals who would rather see the world on fire than see Trump succeeding. I would be willing to be money that the same people complaining on mass about this strike would be complaining in a few days if the attack had not happened because US would be letting Assad use chemical weapons for some reason (actually the reason they would give would be that Trump is a russian puppet).

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Again, the constitution does not require that approval at all. They probably envisioned defensive wars on US soil, but hey, constitutional originalism and shit. (I'm still playing devil's advocate; has the war powers act ever been considered by SCOTUS?)

And yeah, I'm well aware. Trump won because a few thousands or so folks in some districts are stupid.
    2017, when having a different opinion is being stupid, because I am the sole arbiter of truth.
    Last edited by Knolan; 2017-04-07 at 03:52 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with some of his policies. but disagree with many others.

Throwing full support behind any politician is idiotic at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Knolan View Post
    2017, when having a different opinion is being stupid, because I am the sole arbiter of truth.
    What, my opinion that some thousands of people in a few districts were stupid is now stupid?

I was merely responding to the fact that Trump doesn't have a mandate at all, and his pretend game of saying he does is false.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

not after launching missiles ...

mexico can take over the u.s for all i care

Trump is an embarrassment. I don't think Trump can run a business properly as he has run several straight into the ground already. He's just a celebrity conman.

Clinton was a joke candidate because all neoliberals might as well be GOP members.

Sanders is old and cranky as fuck, but I liked him most. He was the closest to an FDR type Democrat as we have seen in a very long time. And that's how I want to spend my vote, on someone that cares about the whole of the country, not just the 1%.

I voted for Obama but it was a hold my nose type vote. But at least he had a sense of decorum and some class in his manners. I disagreed with a metric fuckton of his policies but I never felt outright embarrassed by his presence in the White House. He never closed Gitmo and almost nobody went to jail for the financial crisis, so huge disappoint on those points.

You can expect another financial crisis within 10 years BTW...

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    What, my opinion that some thousands of people in a few districts were stupid is now stupid?

I was merely responding to the fact that Trump doesn't have a mandate at all, and his pretend game of saying he does is false.
    What is funny is that the electoral votes are decided by the total state vote not by district but complain more. Hillary is the one that won because of a "few districts". Number of districts is the game trump won.

I've never really been supportive of trump while I've never disapproved of him. He hasn't done anything I disagree with yet either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Louisa Bannon View Post
    You can expect another financial crisis within 10 years BTW...
    Ha! That's awfully generous. I give it two. Max.

Quote Originally Posted by Knolan View Post
    There are many individuals who would rather see the world on fire than see Trump succeeding.
    The guy was always going to be a loose cannon. Most presidents are, true. But don't act like we all support this shit because a lot of us don't and never have.

An oldie but a goodie:

What Barry Says
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0eL-WaD__g

15+ Year Old Account
    No, and that's biting my tongue already beyond the pain limit as to why I don't. Seeing how things are developing rapidly already however I am sure he will be remember as America's own derivation of Gaius Julius Caesar Augustus Germanicus.
    Last edited by Ravenblade; 2017-04-07 at 06:10 AM.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

As an individualist conservative Christian from the south: Not really.

I mean, its basically like Ben Shapiro says. You got Good Trump and Bad Trump. And lately is been a lot of Bad without much good.

Trump is far to centrist in politics and amoral in morality for me to support him.

However, I do hope he succeeds and does good things as President, and I don't believe he has done anything impeachable... yet.

Deleted
    Don't support Trump but I disagree with the lefty moan brigade here on MMO champ more then I do with Trump's idiotic decision making.

Deleted
    I fully support his decision of the bombing of the Syrian airport, yes.

I see people already make this about Trump in general.

Read all the comments on the far right channels like

Alex Jones, FOX, RT, Right Side Broadcasting, etc.

Its all filled with Trump supporters losing faith in Trump.

I expected this to happen but not within several months from him being elected. Damn, every day is more of a surprise in an unfortunate way

Deleted
    i like freedom, and being able to have nice things while being safe in my home. so yes i support Trump.

Scary to think that there are so many people out there actively trying to destroy the man. They belong behind bars.

Bombing for peace is and have always been a policy of insanity. It is not a tenable long-term solution for peace more than pissing in your pants keeps you warm in the winter. Bombing other countries is what I expected of any president of the US, and not one I approve of. Whether that president is Trump is irrelevant. He's not a person I approve of either way.

If the US really wanted to hurt Assad, they would just release proof that this chemical attack was indeed carried out from the base they just bombed. Supporting a side in a conflict carrying out attacks on civilians is very hard to do, even in Russia. Even Assad's local supporters would be put off by such proof.

That didn't happen. Thus I really have to question whether such proof exists.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

I support America, and hope the President makes good decisions that benefit Western society and ideas.
    Do I believe that Trump will do that? *shrug* eh, not really no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Freese View Post
    People on either side of the political spectrum are no more or less sophisticated, rational, or logical than their ideological counterparts.

Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    i like freedom, and being able to have nice things while being safe in my home. so yes i support Trump.
    That is not mutually exclusive to Trump. Moreover the fact you think it is mutually exclusive is funny.

Scary to think that there are so many people out there actively trying to destroy the man. They belong behind bars.
    Sooo you support the idea that anyone who speaks out against the President or opposes their agenda belongs behind bars?
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thenconfuciussaid View Post
    Read all the comments on the far right channels like

Alex Jones, FOX, RT, Right Side Broadcasting, etc.

Its all filled with Trump supporters losing faith in Trump.

I expected this to happen but not within several months from him being elected. Damn, every day is more of a surprise in an unfortunate way
    People on MMO Champ so far are persistent. Although the rhetoric changed: from "Make America Great Again!" to "things would be bad without him either". I guess it will take a couple more month before people start giving up!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    People on MMO Champ so far are persistent. Although the rhetoric changed: from "Make America Great Again!" to "things would be bad without him either". I guess it will take a couple more month before people start giving up!
    Who are you kidding? MMO Champ has never been Pro Trump. Its been Hillary/Buuuurnny for President since the start.
    Why do you think so many people stopped posting on here? Its a Hillary/Burny echo chamber. Just a few die hard "supporters" still post like Taft.