Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    The expectation that I would be randomly stopped by the police and required to identify myself is as unlikely as the expectation of being accused of child abduction when taking my children somewhere, the former at least carries some authority and requires legal parameters to occur, not just some random persons unfounded suspicion. I don't take ID anywhere unless it's formally requested, maybe it's because I'm in the UK but it seems absurd to me.
    I don't know why but for me it is totally normal to carry my ID and drivers license in my wallet everywhere and I'm fairly sure most of my family and friends do the same, but it might be a remnant of communist times or something. What I find really weird is that in Denmark they expect you to carry your yellow card (technically and ID with your personal number) even though its useless as it does not have a photo so you might as well give the number from your mind, they can only check if the name is correct.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Thunder Focus Tea can now be combined with a bit of milk and a few drops of vanilla extract to produce a lovely hot beverage for all seasons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pucek View Post
    I don't know why but for me it is totally normal to carry my ID and drivers license in my wallet everywhere and I'm fairly sure most of my family and friends do the same, but it might be a remnant of communist times or something. What I find really weird is that in Denmark they expect you to carry your yellow card (technically and ID with your personal number) even though its useless as it does not have a photo so you might as well give the number from your mind, they can only check if the name is correct.
    I carry my divers license with me at all times, mostly in case i get ID at a pub or pulled over while driving or something

You know what, it might be a double standard but fair play on travel lodge for having a policy like this,

The guy enforcing it on the other hand, is a pleb

“When I got back to reception the guy started asking me to prove I was her dad. He said it was company policy and I had to go on to Facebook to show messages I’ve sent to her.
    "Prove to me she's your daughter, get the facebook messages"

>.......>

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Asking someone to prove parent-child relations is very different from accusing someone of pedophilia.

That being said, facebook messages to prove familial relations? Just ask for the bloody passports.
    Don't need passport if you don't cross borders. He most likely did not have passports.

- - - Updated - - -

Passports, ICs, copies of birth certs etc etc.

It's an electronic world today, and you are telling me parents don't keep a copy of their childs' birth certs and important document(s) in their smartphones?

I know my family and I certainly do, because we travel often and the copy can help save our asses if we lose our passports, as it did happen to my uncle once while in Thailand.
    Because you travel often. The vast majority of people don't travel often and therefore don't need to carry all these things with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    It was part of "Operation Makesafe".
    "Detective Inspector Anna Rice " heh

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post
    I carry my divers license with me at all times, mostly in case i get ID at a pub or pulled over while driving or something
    Some places do 100% ID checks no matter what - I'm a regular and new girls will ID me and even very clearly 70 year old dudes get carded (they do for secret shopper possibilities as well).
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The disgusting thing about the aftermath of this happening is people applauding the Hotel for doing it saying shit like "BUT WHAT IF HE WAS A PEDO!"

It's a sad World when people would rather assume the Worst first.

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Society: Social norms are bad. Dads should spend more time with their kids.
    Also society: This man must be a paedophile. Why else would he be travelling with a 13 year old girl?
    lol ain't it the truth, so many deadbeat dad's spend some time with your kids.....ya pedo!

I think I should start reporting everyone I see with kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

They just wanted to be the HERO!!! Forget if it ruins someones life in the process.
    Too many people want to clean up things - what they perceive as a mess - in someones else's backyard, when they haven't even cleaned up their own backyard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, better to be safe than sorry.

Why would you not carry any kind of ID with you anyway though, I mean, driving license?

Quote Originally Posted by Njorun View Post
    It's very likely nobody would've questioned it if it was a woman with her daughter or son though. And no, it wasn't just being asked to prove it since the police were called.
    Indeed^^

I would be kinda annoyed about it but after I had proven I'm her father I would be happy for their concern.
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

Equally as secure as standard housing, so you are going to tell me you don't keep your important documents at home?
    It's far harder to lose a house than a phone, and harder to find any given thing in a house.

This has long been the case unfortunately.

This world feels fucking fine in blaming ANY and EVERY single male whether he is with his children or by himself as a pedo. It's not like it's ok to go around suspecting all 18+ women of asking for it. It's not ok to go around suspecting every single black person you meet of being in a gang. It's not ok of suspecting every latino you meet crossed the border illegally.

This is bullshit.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Honestly, people and businesses like this should be sued blind until people understand the term INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    Honestly, people and businesses like this should be sued blind until people understand the term INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY.
    The sad thing is that the majority of people in this thread actually agree with the opposite. Guilty until you can prove your innocence. It's exactly why our future is fucked.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    It's far harder to lose a house than a phone, and harder to find any given thing in a house.
    I dont even know where my own birth certificate and passport is in my house, id be surprised if burglars could find it :P

Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    I don't know anyone who has stuff like that saved on their phone.
    If you save stuff like that on your phone you could just as well put them online on a public site.

This is extremely disturbing.

If you don't, you should.

It's just like 5 minutes to take a photo of every important document you got. Preferably saved into a cloud drive or something too.
    Yes, and then it takes one stop at any airport and everyone has them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Good news pedophiles! Roll in packs as a straight or gay family and completely fool these arbiters of justice!

Next up. Bodakane agrees with stop and frisk.
    Do you even understand just how fucking stupid what you said is?
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown