Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I think it is very reasonable to ask for proof in such situations.
    And accusation is very different than asking for proof...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post
    I dont even know where my own birth certificate and passport is in my house, id be surprised if burglars could find it :P
    But some dude on the internet said it was totally safe to upload all those documents to Google Drive mate!

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    That's actually a interesting point. I have been thinking of adoption in the future and more in likely the child will be a different race than me.
    Be prepared to be stopped at avery turn unless you have a woman with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    I work for a large tour operator that owns several hotel chains in Turkey, Egypt, Tunisia, Spain mainland and Spanish islands. I cannot even imagine the PR backlash we would receive if we required proof of parenthood for every family traveling with us.

It's a ridiculous notion to have to proof that you're someone's father "just in case". Going by that logic, you'll allow police forces to strip you on the streets, search your belongings, just in case because you could be carrying a weapon? Stop and frisk is the exact same thing as demanding proof of parenthood: an excessive breach of personal space/privacy because of a worst case scenario.
    Riiiiight. No one gives a fuck if there's a legal guardian with the children. That doesn't matter, no one checks that......sigh.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbleduck View Post
    Its reasonable to ask a parent (men only though?) if their children, are their children? Should this man suffer this every time he goes out in public? To the store? Takes his child to school? To the library? To the doctor?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumbleduck View Post
    Why ask for proof if an accusation is unthinkable? People ask for proof because they realize you cannot simply accuse someone of pedophilia and get away with it, but they are asking for it because they think they might be dealing with one.

It's an implicit & silent accusation of wrongdoing, otherwise proof would be unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Njorun View Post
    So, why are men who are out on a trip with their daughter made suspects in this manner? Quite ridiculous to assume that it's some pedophile just because a father goes on a trip with their daughter, wtf!
    For the same reason why multiple airlines have a policy where men can't sit next to unattended children. Because all men are not only Schrodinger's rapists, they are also Schrodinger's pedos.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Well, that wouldn't be the accusation, since no one outright accused him of being a pedophile. It was part of "Operation Makesafe".

https://www.cityoflondon.police.uk/a...-Makesafe.aspx
    @Myz already addressed what the purpose of Operation Makesafe is, so I'm not gonna do it and I'm gonna focus on what you removed in the edit. Her being pubescent indeed wouldn't make it pedophilia in medical sense. But societal awareness of ephebophilia being a thing is rather slim. All that apparently matters is age of consent. When you see mentions of any paraphilias even in cases of a male teacher having sex with a 17 year old female student, chances are, it's going to be pedophilia. As for the edited version of this post, yay, no one outright accused him of being a pedophile. They only implied it. So much better /s
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Yeah it's so uncommon for a single father to travel with their kids. Don't never be suspicious of women, none of them are ever pedophiles. /s
    Where did I say or imply any of that? Nowhere of course.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Riiiiight. No one gives a fuck if there's a legal guardian with the children. That doesn't matter, no one checks that......sigh.
    Strong comeback chump, shows that you haven't thought this through and are just echoing your PC sentiment. Say hi to your buds on Neogaf.

Quote Originally Posted by Pucek View Post
    I don't know why but for me it is totally normal to carry my ID and drivers license in my wallet everywhere and I'm fairly sure most of my family and friends do the same, but it might be a remnant of communist times or something. What I find really weird is that in Denmark they expect you to carry your yellow card (technically and ID with your personal number) even though its useless as it does not have a photo so you might as well give the number from your mind, they can only check if the name is correct.
    Not really communist thing. Continental part of Western Europe has IDs that only serve as IDs too. It's only UK that is allergic to the concept for some reason (in Europe that is, also the case in US, maybe it's common law thing in general). So if one is not carrying a document that has other purpose, like passport, because they don't need it at the moment, they may be without ID on them. Though in this case the guy was parking his car, so he should have his driver's licence. Then again if the daughter didn't have any ID, that'd be rather useless anyway.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2017-04-07 at 12:54 PM.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

I bet most of the people bitching about this, at minimum look sideways at Muslim on a plane or at worst assume they're terrorists.....even though child rape is 1000 times more common than terrorist attacks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    Strong comeback chump, shows that you haven't thought this through and are just echoing your PC sentiment. Say hi to your buds on Neogaf.
    Chump? lol.

So tell me about all these hotels you work for that don;t care about legal guardians of minors. Lemme guess you don;t even have signs around the fucking pool requiring a legal guardian to be with minors right?

Better make sure those brown folks are real citizens too, just in case!
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Honestly, as a parent, if this happened to me, I'd be a tad embarrassed if Police got involved, but overall I'd be happy that such a thing was in place (Operation Makesafe). I imagine the father found it insulting, but Hotel staff don't know for certain that it was in fact his daughter, and were ultimately only thinking of the well-being of the child. I'm just curious what prompted them to become suspicious, though.

Its such backwards logic, Everyone is presumed guilty by that logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    Meh, better to be safe than sorry.

Why would you not carry any kind of ID with you anyway though, I mean, driving license?
    Do German driving licenses include information about your children?

Honestly, as a parent, if this happened to me, I'd be a tad embarrassed if Police got involved, but overall I'd be happy that such a thing was in place (Operation Makesafe). I imagine the father found it insulting, but Hotel staff don't know for certain that it was in fact his daughter, and were ultimately only thinking of the well-being of the child. I'm just curious what prompted them to become suspicious, though.
    Better check all these black people for guns since they are usually gang members. They can be insulted, but community safety comes first.

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Its such backwards logic, Everyone is presumed guilty by that logic.
    No they aren't.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    I bet most of the people bitching about this, at minimum look sideways at Muslim on a plane or at worst assume they're terrorists.....even though child rape is 1000 times more common than terrorist attacks.
    thats a pretty big assumption to make...

Deleted
    lets be honest . he probably is a pedo.

Would they ask the same thing of Mothers and Daughters?

7+ Year Old Account
    A spokesman for Travelodge told The Telegraph that while they apologised to Craig they take their “responsibilities towards protecting children and vulnerable young people extremely seriously.”

Just curious, is this policy written down somewhere for anyone in public to read? Because if so, then I can't argue against it. Otherwise, yeah, couldn't have been very nice experience to the father. x_x