Page 1 of 13
... LastLast
    Deleted

"Tomb of Sargeras really wraps up the story of Legion"

When Blizzard announced the Hellfire Citadel raid and Tanaan Jungle they said the same about it and the story of Warlords of Draenor, even though we were only at 2 raid tiers for that expansion.

This expansion started on the Broken Shore with the Tomb of Sargeras. It makes sense for it to end there. We'll kill Kil'jaeden after defeating the risen Avatar of Sargeras. WoD ended with us killing Archimonde, Legion will end with us killing Kil'jaeden. It's like poetry.

Who would we even face on Argus? We're not gonna face Sargeras, no way. And both Kil'jaeden and Archimonde are dead. Who would be a fitting endboss for Legion other than Kil'jaeden?

And in addition to that, Argus just has too much potential to only be a patch. It has to be its own expansion.

They already confirmed 7.3 is Argus.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bing Bong View Post
    And in addition to that, Argus just has too much potential to only be a patch. It has to be its own expansion.
    Argus has no potential. Have you seen it in the trailer? It's just a planet-wide Shadowmoon Valley, just more ugly green zones with yellow/purple tossed in it for good measure. Hopefully we will be done with demons after Legion and won't see another fel zone ever again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    They already confirmed 7.3 is Argus.
    Like they confirmed that Grom will be the boss of WoD and that Farahlon and Thal'dranath will come in patches.

And both Kil'jaeden and Archimonde are dead.
    Demons can't die. They just return to the Twisting Nether and can be resummoned at any time (although more powerful demons probably need a more powerful summoning ritual).

Archimonde isn't dead and we don't know the exact fate of Kil'jaeden. Given the signs of Kil'jaeden's doubt in Sargeras's plan we could possibly see a different turn of events. Archimonde was just banish back to the Twisting Nether. A demon can only be killed in the Twisting Nether.

Like they confirmed that Grom will be the boss of WoD and that Farahlon and Thal'dranath will come in patches.
    Another legion themed expansion would be a bit silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Archeus9 View Post
    Argus has no potential. Have you seen it in the trailer? It's just a planet-wide Shadowmoon Valley, just more ugly green zones with yellow/purple tossed in it for good measure. Hopefully we will be done with demons after Legion and won't see another fel zone ever again.
    You are basing this on one picture of the entire planet from far away. Wait till you actually see content on Argus before you judge it.

10+ Year Old Account
    but archimonde isnt dead and argus is just a wasteland
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by talwynn View Post
    You are basing this on one picture of the entire planet from far away. Wait till you actually see content on Argus before you judge it.
    Has any legion affected areas ever looked different from each other?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

They didn't confirm Thal'Dranath at all. They showed it at Blizzcon. Development process for games always changes during that period. Also some more crappy night elf ruins or the Draenei homeworld tainted with the Legion? Easy choice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WurstKaeseSzenario View Post
    Demons can't die. They just return to the Twisting Nether and can be resummoned at any time (although more powerful demons probably need a more powerful summoning ritual).
    You don't seriously expect them to resurrect Archimonde and Kil'jaeden for a raid on Argus, do you?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    They didn't confirm Thal'Dranath at all. They showed it at Blizzcon. Development process for games always changes during that period. Also some more crappy night elf ruins or the Draenei homeworld tainted with the Legion? Easy choice.
    What are you talking about? They said Thal'dranath would be patch content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    but archimonde isnt dead
    Uhm, yes, we killed him in WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by WurstKaeseSzenario View Post
    Actually they can be killed in the Twisting Nether. And the Kil'jaeden fight suggest we may be fighting him there in the final phase. Elemental Lords have that same situation. Ragnaros is actually dead now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    Another legion themed expansion would be a bit silly.
    Then that means restricting Argus to a measly patch, which would not do Argus justice.

You don't seriously expect them to resurrect Archimonde and Kil'jaeden for a raid on Argus, do you?

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

And things change during the development process of any game. Would love a source on where they said it would be patch content. It was barely touched in the Alpha. Had the word "Thal'Dranath" written on it and 1 small citadel building and the rest was just untextured crap.

Nearly every game cuts content and WoW isn't the first to do so.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-04-08 at 07:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    not in the twisting nether tho as blizzard said the cinematic is canon
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    not in the twisting nether tho as blizzard said the cinematic is canon
    On Mythic you kill him in the Twisting Nether you filthy casual..

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

first off, you clearly don't understand the lore of demons, archimonde was not "killed" in WoD only his body was destroyed, his spirit went back to the twisting nether where it is reforming and looking for a new host body, kil'jaeden suffered the same fate at the sunwell where his body was destroyed, his spirit returned to the twisting nether and here he is today fully reformed,even sargeras himself is merely a spirit waiting to inhabit a host body big enough and powerful enough to contain his titanic might, only lesser demons can be killed outside the twisting nether, and to do so requires an extremely powerful individual using extremely powerful magic, all other demons are dismembered and their spirit returns to the nether to reform over time, some taking no time at all, and some (in the case of arcfhimonde/kil'jaeden/nathrezim (dreadlords) etc) taking considerably long periods of time due to many different factors.

secondly, i don't think you realise just how much content was cut from WoD in general, there was almost an entire expansions worth of content that was simply dropped and left to rot due to "design constraints" or whatever bullshit they said it was, it's like the "path of the titans" content they teased at the end of wrath that was due to launch with cataclysm but because some muppet thought it was too similar to the old runes system they scrapped it (which is likely what the artifact weapon trees are now btw), this is nothing new, cutting content because at the time it was envisioned it was great, but as the story progressed the devs didn't feel it fit anymore with what they were hoping to achieve in game.

thirdly, i refer you to point number one, no, we did not kill archimonde we simply separated his spirit from his body where it resides somewhere within the twisting nether awaiting the opportunity to reform, in gameplay terms we "killed" him for loot but in lore he is far from dead until we travel to the twisting nether (on the other side of the cosmos to azeroth just an FYI) and rend his spirit into non existence.

7+ Year Old Account
    having 2 and a half legion themed expansions would be terribly bad.

and there is absolutely no variety on argus, its literally a green pile of rock, it would be boring, repetitive and simply terrible zone-wise.

7.3 is confirmed being argus, take it or leave it.

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    So pray tell what potential? I mean, the fitted the Emerald Nightmare into a zone, 5 man and raid and by that time I was sick of the red / black tangly mess. What happens on a fel wasted planet. It would probably even worse than the Broken Shore terrain....
    First of all that red tangly mess isn't really the Emerald Dream. They totally underdelivered with the ED. It was just a lazy rehash of certain zones put together, and because it was the Nightmare, it didn't even have the ED asthetic. They could've totally pulled off an ED expansion. It even says in source material that tons of creatures live there and even in the raid, there is Thunder Totem there, so apparently Blizzard has retconned that thing about the ED being an untouched version.
    Second of all, Argus is pretty much a blank slate. We have some names of zones and some descriptions, we know it's Legion territory, but beyond that, there is totally room for creativity. Metzen has even hinted at there possibly being another group of draenei out there, that's untouched by the Legion. The Draenei have stealth technology which could mean that out there, maybe some rebel groups are in hiding. Heck, they could pull an Uldum and hide a whole zone and that accounts for enough variety in zones.

It is weird that people like you underestimate the creativity of Blizzard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by High Priest Arafal View Post
    having 2 and a half legion themed expansions would be terribly bad.

and there is absolutely no variety on argus, its literally a green pile of rock, it would be boring, repetitive and simply terrible zone-wise.

7.3 is confirmed being argus, take it or leave it.
    Just like Grom was confirmed endboss of WoD and Thaldranath and Farahlon were confirmed patch content.