The Charlatan vs. Sloane choice is basically choosing between public fuckface and secret fuckface.

Deleted
    I hope with this now behind us designers never forget how important eyes are. Improved lighting and more subtle makeup make all the difference here.

Has anyone found a mod that helps make mining easier in the nomad? Especially on some planets like Eladaan where I ended up driving around for 2 hours IRL unable to find the last point to change it from fair to depleted.

Help a brother out !
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

10+ Year Old Account
    I finished the game last night and after hearing conflicting opinions about how it concluded, I have to say that I enjoyed the final "sprint" to the end. It did not feel as epic as ME1's final sprint, and most certainly no where near close to ME2's (which may be my favorite moment in gaming), but does feel better than ME3's finale.

Overall I really enjoyed ME:A despite its obvious flaws. The game concludes with a lot of questions unanswered and a lot of Andromeda left to explore. Like Drek said, this isn't the end only the beginning. I'm looking forward to seeing where they go with the series.
    SWTOR Friend Referral Code: http://www.swtor.com/r/kg3Sch

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    After the latest patch, I cannot alt-tab out of the game without it switching to window mode. Anyone else having this issue?
    Yeah I have. It's really annoying. Not game-killing since it seems to run just as well, but annoying.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

I think the game has always windowed for me when Alt+Tabbin o_O

Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    Is she supposed to let people live in Kadara Port for free ? They can either pay "taxes" or go try their chances in the wild.

The Charlatan & Collective are growing harmful mushrooms (I think it was mushrooms), training dangerous wild beasts, kidnapping and beating people inside their secret base but I'm sure it's for the well being of the population.
    forced relocation, production of harmful substances, beatings... that's both factions. To get a real sense of who's better to lead needs some further plot advancement to really see.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm really confused by this patch. They added some unnecessary, and even annoying functions (dialogue options keybinds showing on the wheel doesn't make sense, and changing the dialogue lines for a secondary character because of some people's whining on the Internet is pretty weak-willed), and completely failed to address the save system which makes literally everyone unhappy. Is this an April's joke?
    This is how saves have always worked in Mass Effect. You could never hard-save in the middle of a primary mission.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, I'm stupid... I tried Right Alt+Enter, and it wasn't working, but with the Left Alt it works nicely. Thanks!

I always felt Shepard was kind of generic, and she (yes, Femshep all the way!) mostly shined because of interaction with her companions. Ryder, on the other hand, has a personality! Well, at least, I guess, personality I gave her through dialogue choices.
    Yeah the interactions are what sold me on her. Talking to Liara, Tali, Garrus, etc. I played a through-and-through Paragon Shepard, so she always listened to them and did stuff they needed to do for their quests/etc. And I just fell in love with the characters over the course of those games.

That was my biggest fear re: Andromeda, that the characters wouldn't measure up. So I'm happy to say that I feel like they do, for the most part. Liam is a bore (although his personal quest was quite awesome!) but then, so were Jacob and Kaiden. Bioware must secretly hate human male companions!
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2017-04-07 at 02:45 PM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

sitting with drack and Liam in the Nomad... damn Drack seems to hate Liam from the get go

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    This is how saves have always worked in Mass Effect. You could never hard-save in the middle of a primary mission.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah the interactions are what sold me on her. Talking to Liara, Tali, Garrus, etc. I played a through-and-through Paragon Shepard, so she always listened to them and did stuff they needed to do for their quests/etc. And I just fell in love with the characters over the course of those games.

That was my biggest fear re: Andromeda, that the characters wouldn't measure up. So I'm happy to say that I feel like they do, for the most part. Liam is a bore (although his personal quest was quite awesome!) but then, so were Jacob and Kaiden. Bioware must secretly hate human male companions!
    I think its a matter of preference, because hey, guess what. a lot of us like and enjoy all of the above companions that you think are boring. hell, Liam is practically human Garrus (from backstory to personality), but I guess just sheer fact of him being human - makes him boring >_>

I'm really confused by this patch. They added some unnecessary, and even annoying functions (dialogue options keybinds showing on the wheel doesn't make sense, and changing the dialogue lines for a secondary character because of some people's whining on the Internet is pretty weak-willed), and completely failed to address the save system which makes literally everyone unhappy. Is this an April's joke?
    Can't do everything at once. Their engineers can work on so many issues at a time, and some will definitely require more longterm work (save issue may be one of those), but the other teams still need something to do. So while they can't address tech issues directly, they can (and should be) working on their respective areas (swapping out dialogue, touching up animations etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Can we just take a moment to address how few variations there are in enemies? There are basically 3 faction of baddies, Kett, Remnant, and Outlaws. And throughout the entire game you mostly just spend combat killing the same lower level mobs over and over again with a few of the higher tier mobs sprinkling in. This gets WAY to repetitive for a game that is supposed to have a long run time.
    Hey now, it's a brand NEW universe to be underwhelmed by by enemies lack of variety : D

Quote Originally Posted by despotar View Post
    i really don´t get them. why couldn´t they wait another 1-2 months and bring the game with all these fixes? it´s really a shame, their reputation took a massive hit because of such a laziness or maybe they were only greedy and wanted to ship the game out?

sad, many of us (me 88%) finished the game already
    EA /10char

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    I think its a matter of preference, because hey, guess what. a lot of us like and enjoy all of the above companions that you think are boring. hell, Liam is practically human Garrus (from backstory to personality), but I guess just sheer fact of him being human - makes him boring >_>
    I never said my opinion on those characters was anything more than that: an opinion. If you like them, more power to you. Ironically one of my favorite characters in the series is a human male (Zaeed), but I just never felt any real/overwhelming sense of endearment to the others. Kaiden (and Ashley) both lost me in ME2/ME3 with all their 'Cerberus!' whining, Jacob was honorable but otherwise, nothing about him really stuck out to me. I do think ME3 makes him seem like kind of an ass if you romanced him in ME2, though.

I like Liam more than I did now that I've done his loyalty stuff, but there's something about his dialogue delivery that seems off to me. It feels... rushed, and kinda inconsistent sometimes. Like he flips from 'oh yeah, that's cool Ryder' to punching a locker with no warning. And that moment at the beginning of the game, on H7 where he's shooting the already-dead Kett, just fell 12 kinds of flat with me.

In any case I concede that 'Bioware hates human males' was probably painting in overly broad strokes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hobb View Post
    EA /10char
    Pretty much this. If EA says its shipping on the 21st, its shipping on the 21st.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2017-04-07 at 05:01 PM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Aaand game done. Clocking at 70 hours, most quests done albeit I left the Tasks in the dustbin where they belong.

I enjoyed the final mission a lot, as well as the post-finale celebrations. Definitely the best final segment Bioware has done since ME2, albeit it doesn't top the Suicide Mission (then again, close to nothing ever will in terms of sheer epicness). I particularly liked to see the different allies you gather across the game being present, either physically or in banter. This is what ME3's final mission should have felt like.

As for my overall enjoyment of Andromeda, it hasn't changed from what I said; it's a game with issues that shouldn't have made it past QA, some mishaps when it comes to writing and godawful UI design in places, but I still like it a lot. I definitely rank it above ME1, and about equal to ME3. ME2 is still the best in the series.

If Bioware is on the ball patching this baby, I can see myself playing it twice at least, perhaps even 3 times. Which rarely happens to me anymore. They've also laid a solid foundation for future DLCs/titles. It would be a shame to see it all go to waste. I'm also attached enough to my Ryder to want them back in a second game. Perhaps not a trilogy to avoid mirroring Shepard, but a sequel with an older, more experienced and world-weary Ryder? Sign me the fuck up.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    sitting with drack and Liam in the Nomad... damn Drack seems to hate Liam from the get go
    Good, Liam's a pain in the ass. He's like they took Jacob (The guy who wanted what he does to mean something), tried to give him hair and some sort of personality and quirks, then decide nah fuck it we need to give him a bad boy streak (His insistence on "improvising" and working outside protocol) so he's not too goodie-two-shoes and then flipped that decision again and said "NAH LET'S MAKE HIM WANT GALACTIC PEACE LOL" (Everything to do with his Loyalty Mission and his Jaal dialogues).

I'd much rather hear Cora gush over the Asari than Liam whine about how HUSTL was the best shit in his life but he still fucked off to Andromeda. If there was someone I'd boot off my ship in a heartbeat it's Liam. Let Drack shoot him first if it makes him feel better, let him harvest a spare lung to replace one of his missing ones too while he's at it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Aaand game done. Clocking at 70 hours, most quests done albeit I left the Tasks in the dustbin where they belong.

I enjoyed the final mission a lot, as well as the post-finale celebrations. Definitely the best final segment Bioware has done since ME2, albeit it doesn't top the Suicide Mission (then again, close to nothing ever will in terms of sheer epicness). I particularly liked to see the different allies you gather across the game being present, either physically or in banter. This is what ME3's final mission should have felt like.
    I'm not sure matching ME2's ending can be done.

The moment you pass through the Omega 4 relay it's just sheer awesome from start to finish.
    Putin khuliyo

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobb View Post
    EA /10char
    Well, EA would have gotten a reasonable, estimated timeframe from Bioware to get a launch date. Once they have a launch date, yes, the publisher is going to expect the developer deliver on that date. In my opinion, Bioware underestimated the project from the get go and it shows.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    I'm not sure matching ME2's ending can be done.

The moment you pass through the Omega 4 relay it's just sheer awesome from start to finish.

P.S. I agree. The suicide mission, as a whole, is probably the most epic 'endgame' I've seen in this medium. It was brilliantly designed, IMO.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    Well, EA would have gotten a reasonable, estimated timeframe from Bioware to get a launch date. Once they have a launch date, yes, the publisher is going to expect the developer deliver on that date. In my opinion, Bioware underestimated the project from the get go and it shows.
    In a perfect world maybe. In this one, that's a pretty unrealistic scenario, especially for a publisher with the rep that EA has.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Matt0193 View Post
    Good, Liam's a pain in the ass. He's like they took Jacob (The guy who wanted what he does to mean something), tried to give him hair and some sort of personality and quirks, then decide nah fuck it we need to give him a bad boy streak (His insistence on "improvising" and working outside protocol) so he's not too goodie-two-shoes and then flipped that decision again and said "NAH LET'S MAKE HIM WANT GALACTIC PEACE LOL" (Everything to do with his Loyalty Mission and his Jaal dialogues).

I'd much rather hear Cora gush over the Asari than Liam whine about how HUSTL was the best shit in his life but he still fucked off to Andromeda. If there was someone I'd boot off my ship in a heartbeat it's Liam. Let Drack shoot him first if it makes him feel better, let him harvest a spare lung to replace one of his missing ones too while he's at it.
    Glad it isn't just me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post

As for my overall enjoyment of Andromeda, it hasn't changed from what I said; it's a game with issues that shouldn't have made it past QA, some mishaps when it comes to writing and godawful UI design in places, but I still like it a lot. I definitely rank it above ME1, and about equal to ME3. ME2 is still the best in the series.

If Bioware is on the ball patching this baby, I can see myself playing it twice at least, perhaps even 3 times. Which rarely happens to me anymore. They've also laid a solid foundation for future DLCs/titles. It would be a shame to see it all go to waste. I'm also attached enough to my Ryder to want them back in a second game. Perhaps not a trilogy to avoid mirroring Shepard, but a sequel with an older, more experienced and world-weary Ryder? Sign me the fuck up.
    I hope we get a sequel with them as well. I love Sara Ryder, at least as I played her (compassionate/sarcastic), and most of the new crew. I'd hate to see all that flushed for a new, NEW start. Or worse yet, them returning to the Milky way in some attempt to 'fix' the clusterfuck that was the end of the original trilogy.

I hope we get a sequel with them as well. I love Sara Ryder, at least as I played her (compassionate/sarcastic), and most of the new crew. I'd hate to see all that flushed for a new, NEW start. Or worse yet, them returning to the Milky way in some attempt to 'fix' the clusterfuck that was the end of the original trilogy.
    I think return to Milky Way will happen at some point, but not for few games. And it would likely be thousands of years down the timeline from ME3.

The descentants (well, unless you're Asari or Krogan) of Andromeda Inititive could start building pair of massive Mass Relays in few centuries (when they have the resources and have secured Heleus enough), and then drag one of them back to Milky Way with another ~600 year trip. Whatever Bioware chooses to the canon ending of ME3 would still have major implications for Milky Way, but at that point the Galaxy would have atleast recuperated from the Reaper War.
    Last edited by Lahis; 2017-04-07 at 05:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

P.S. I agree. The suicide mission, as a whole, is probably the most epic 'endgame' I've seen in this medium. It was brilliantly designed, IMO.
    First time I played ME2 . . . finished the game, this song playing the background, my jaw on the floor.

Started my second playthrough two minutes later. I needed moar.
    Putin khuliyo