Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    Forums are a great place to share ideas, views and opinions .. Feel free to contribute other wise ask your self why are you even posting?

You think my views are faulty, my argument amounts to nothing more than a straw-man? Great, share your views and lets take it from there.
    Go cry in a corner, casual.

There are some legitimate issues with certain challenges being tougher than others, but honestly all the ones I've seen had skill elements and a gear check. Which is exactly what they said it would be. Seeing so much complaining about this is sad, because this is the kind of content I personally love. Like the challenge mode appearances, you can't be an absolute potato and get this done. I just hope by the end of Legion the skill checks hold up well and it's still enough of a challenge where total bads aren't able to do it.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    you still dont get it do you. You can learn the fight 100% and still be unable to do it because your gear simply sucks. They should've made it so ilvl get normalized, just like challenge modes, instead it doesnt. Get a better gear and then brute force it.

It's bad design, and goes against the philosophy of testing player's skill.
    it seems like u don't get it .. since other *low* ilvl players did it in theire 880 ilvl range .. so plz just l2p

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    makes me wonder if you even did the challenge, even if we assume you can perfectly execute p1 (and not encounter some of the bugs there) and never go low enough, where couple extra hundred HP from gear would make the difference between death and getting leech off, the entire p2 is a gearcheck, you need enough dps to kill the boss before the platform is covered AND you need really good burst aoe dps on the adds before they reach the boss/get into the purple stuff, the worse gear you have and boss takes longer, the better burst aoe you need, because when the 4th adds come, you dont even have enough room to kite them away. and no, the adds dont just "fall over" to fury and beam, they have like 5,7M HP, its not trivial gearcheck, moreso, if you have subpar legs (like boots) you can make it as 895, if youre lucky on crits or procs on both boss and adds and use every single thing to your disposal, like BL drums, but with just an average luck, anyone sub 900 and average ilevel weapon will have serious trouble with p2 and difference between his kill and his p2 wipes will be mostly about getting RNG gods on his side.

and yeah, I killed it, with 903, could have performed better (and not forget drums like an idiot) but there were clear limits, that couldnt be outskilled if you didnt have the numbers
    Gearcheck implies all you need is to beat it is to have the proper gear then the fight falls over. Only Agatha applies is what my point was. I mean no shit you can't beat these fights with 880 gear anyone with some common sense could've told you that before they were released.

Quote Originally Posted by Icoblablubb View Post
    it seems like u don't get it .. since other *low* ilvl players did it in theire 880 ilvl range .. so plz just l2p
    I have read reports of Windwalkers finishing this at 883 and Assassination rogues doing theirs at 884. I can confirm that, if you execute the Windwalker challenge perfectly, you can probably do it around 880. The only thing that gear gives you here, is a buffer / shorter fight (aka room for error). It's like those who race to world first. They complete the raids far undergeared, because they have near perfect execution.

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    It's based on gear not skill. It's rediculously easy, because you can just outgear it later on in the expansion.
    That's because they were lazy and made like 5 scenarios for 36 specs.
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Skillwise its not hard.

Its just overtuned.

As to be expected with Legion.

Compare it to Green Fire where it was mechanically difficult and you needed to actually be skilled to beat it.
    That's only because they were lazy and made it a "one size fits most" scenario, not a class specific one. The green fire was made for one class and one class only.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakoth View Post
    I have read reports of Windwalkers finishing this at 883 and Assassination rogues doing theirs at 884. I can confirm that, if you execute the Windwalker challenge perfectly, you can probably do it around 880. The only thing that gear gives you here, is a buffer / shorter fight (aka room for error). It's like those who race to world first. They complete the raids far undergeared, because they have near perfect execution.
    thank you finally someone who gets it right .. these challenges just don't have any room for error since if u miss the interrupt or anything else u fail it doesn't matter if u are 880 or 920 u fuck up u die .. but well i guess we let them cry about how its all gear based yada yada so they don't feel that bad because they can't press 3 different buttons in an 12 second interval or something like that

Quote Originally Posted by Rakoth View Post
    its almost as if some challenges are far easier than others, imagine that. you go ahead and try xylem in 880 gear...

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    its almost as if some challenges are far easier than others, imagine that. you go ahead and try xylem in 880 gear...
    Yep, some are. There is a very real gearcheck for some (I am thinking eye and tanking one) where I would assume you would have to be closer to 890+. But people here are complaining it's all about the gear. I am not even going to attempt the healing one before I hit 900, because I know I will need gear to overcompensate for my mistakes. Regardless, I don't think gear will solve all my problems, it will just allow me buffer, whereas a better skilled Mistweaver won't need it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Compare it to Green Fire where it was mechanically difficult and you needed to actually be skilled to beat it.
    I think the reason why Green Fire questline was such success in terms of difficulty was the fact it was tailored on a specific class. It even made me to put some spells back on the action bar as I never really had to use them before.

If they would introduce more content resolving about specific class mechanics, I would even consider coming back to WoW. Right now everything is just same old overtuned crap.

Well, if you look back at challenge modes, even though they were scaled down, they also had their own BiS items, that were "mandatory". Not all of them were trivial to come by.
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    nope just a retard that says wrong things like you
    Thanks for that insightful reply. Until you can prove how green fire was more skill and less gear based, I'm going to have to just write you off as someone who is upset they couldn't beat their challenge.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    I don't hate the challenges, I just wish they were equivalent.
    The dps ones are all WAY easier than the tank and healer ones imo. And some of the dps ones are way harder or way easier than each other.
    That becuase Blizzard plainly sucks in the npcs department in these things - and they are shit like this back to npcs in pg in mop....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ribesal View Post
    And i've seen now i could do this one on my 904 DH aswell, but after 40 tries of different bugs or dumb fails by myself i stopped tryng it
    in other words: you CANT do it....

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    That's only because they were lazy and made it a "one size fits most" scenario, not a class specific one. The green fire was made for one class and one class only.
    Yeah that's great and all. But doesn't change the fact that its still true. I don't know why this excuse is being used to somehow justify it. You're not using it as much in this way as others, but people still are.

They still deserve to be criticized for how shitty it is. Even moreso if they only made as many as they did out of laziness.

So those of you complaining... did you finish the challenges?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    people are dissproved retard people doing green fire naked

im gonna write you off as a retard that is obvioulsy lying, did you even did the green fire quest?
    Yes. I did, actually.

It was impossible to do it naked due to the gear check that was killing the fel hunters before they make your pit lord go haywire, and beating the enrage timer thanks to curse of doom UNLESS YOU WERE SKILLED. A lot like these challenges. If you're skilled, you'll kill it without a lot of gear.

Go ahead though, keep making yourself look foolish.
    Last edited by Elennoko; 2017-04-08 at 12:05 AM.

Yeah that's great and all. But doesn't change the fact that its still true. I don't know why this excuse is being used to somehow justify it. You're not using it as much in this way as others, but people still are.

They still deserve to be criticized for how shitty it is. Even moreso if they only made as many as they did out of laziness.
    I called them lazy because they made a bad scenario and somehow you think I'm not criticizing them? lol ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Skillwise its not hard.

Its just overtuned.

Ugh, I loved green fire.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Skillwise its not hard.

Its just overtuned.

Did you ever do green fire above 500 ilvl? It was a fucking joke. Mechanical difficulty was removed when you nuked him before the second fel hounds

The only kills below about 470 tended to have siege gear cheesing it - There's a kill about that has about 350 ilvl and while he certainly handles the mechanics very well you can see the gear being used to cheese it.

Back to my point - 510+? Lolwhat mechanics.
    Last edited by Raiju; 2017-04-08 at 12:53 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Did you ever do green fire above 500 ilvl? It was a fucking joke. Mechanical difficulty was removed when you nuked him before the second fel hounds

The only kills below about 470 tended to have siege gear cheesing it - There's a kill about that has about 350 ilvl and while he certainly handles the mechanics very well you can see the gear being used to cheese it.

Back to my point - 510+? Lolwhat mechanics.
    Yes congrats, you also could outgear it.

Way to miss the point.