Page 73 of 93 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    the night skyward sword came out i forgot to take off my socks and in the fight against ghirahim i slipped and fell out my window into the bushes.

Never will a zelda memory be more ingrained into my mind
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    the night skyward sword came out i forgot to take off my socks and in the fight against ghirahim i slipped and fell out my window into the bushes.

Never will a zelda memory be more ingrained into my mind
    how!
    how do you even!

Quote Originally Posted by Bristae View Post
    Skyward Sword needs to be remastered on Wii U or Switch without all the motion controls like Twilight Princess was.
    No thanks. The motion controls are what made Skyward Sword cool. It's like in my top 10 "most revolutionary games" (not best).

skyward sword is slowly becoming a fan favorite just like every zelda game does after the zelda cycle takes affect.
    Who dat? I never heard of a Zelda cycle.

idk, i feel like theres still a shit ton of people praising botw.
    No one wants to say "I just bought this new console and the biggest game for it and it sucked." Human nature is to reinforce the decisions you made into thinking of them as great.

Even without that, the people who bought Breath of the Wild were probably going to say they liked it without even needing to play it.

10+ Year Old Account
    they COULD make it, but it would either be clunky or take more work than an uprezz hd remake usually does especially when the joy cons can do everything the wii motes can.
    Artwork is there, and a lot of the motion controls can be manipulated with normal movement of your attacks. Side slashes can be performed with normal controls also. Need to move those eyes in circles? Just fire a seed at it. Remove most of the crap that nobody wants. A lot of short cuts could be made but yes it would make the game to easy. Most work would be put into rebalancing the dungeons.

I guess the next step is to remove the shrines that have it too. Worst part of the nearly perfect zelda game.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    No thanks. The motion controls are what made Skyward Sword cool. It's like in my top 10 "most revolutionary games" (not best).

Very unpopular opinion. But why not give us both versions then.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post

Who dat? I never heard of a Zelda cycle.
    the zelda cycle is a trend that has been happening since atleast ocarina of time.

zelda comes out -> people hate it, everyone thinks x zelda was better, lots of rage about it as the hype doesnt live up to everyones "best zelda" expectations -> couple years go by, usually right around the time the next zelda is about to come out or has come out now all of a sudden you start to see "x zelda is underrated" ect posts -> zelda everyone hated now everyone loves
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

10+ Year Old Account
    the zelda cycle is a trend that has been happening since atleast ocarina of time.

zelda comes out -> people hate it, everyone thinks x zelda was better, lots of rage about it as the hype doesnt live up to everyones "best zelda" expectations -> couple years go by, usually right around the time the next zelda is about to come out or has come out now all of a sudden you start to see "x zelda is underrated" ect posts -> zelda everyone hated now everyone loves
    Did breath of the wild break another zelda convention? Because this one is loved.

Honestly the cycle started with WW because people didnt like it due to art style, but its a good zelda game which is why by TP people liked WW

Picked up the wii u version, won't buy the switch until I know if it has wii u's unmoderated reporting system (tired of being banned for playing well).
    The game seems great. Fun to run around, explore, fight, etc. The framrate though... is worse than I expected, even for everything I read.
    I stepped out of the cave at the very start, boom frame rate drops. And it's constant. I'm not even a graphics whore, I still play nes/snes/ps1 games... This just runs bad, and considering it's Nintendo, and this is Zelda, it's not cool. Not to mention the fog and pop in (takes the fun out of exploring when I have to get close enough to a chest just to be able to see it).
    I wish they would have dialed effects and textures back for higher frame rates and farther draw distance on mobs and chests and stuff.
    It's a bummer because otherwise it seems like a fantastic game. Framerate drops don't usually bug me either, maybe it's the art style pushing the frame rate issue further?

Thoroughly enjoying this game in spite of performance issues on the Wii U. I wonder of not being much of a PC gamer and/or older gamer impacts one's tolerance of framerate issues.

My biggest concern about this game is where does Zelda go after this. you just can't do open world like this... again. it would be too same-ish, even if you made it in some other area (like Majora's mask world). It would need to be another console to handle a "next level" style of Zelda after this and make it that much more different. To me breath of the wild works because its the first shot. I'm not so sure the second shot is going to fly as well. That said, I wouldn't mind a crapton of DLC for this game. It could use a few true dungeons, in spite of how awesome the divine beasts are.

However, 900 korok seeds? The more I play the less I believe there are 900 seeds in the world. There must be things that give you 50 or 100 seeds somewhere i just haven't found. I've been very good to not spoil secrets in this game (and promised myself to not look up shrine locations until I hit 100), but 900 seeds? I'm a bit over 100, I could see 500, but 900? once I hit 200 i'll spoil that if the game still holds interest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsbybutters View Post
    Picked up the wii u version, won't buy the switch until I know if it has wii u's unmoderated reporting system (tired of being banned for playing well).
    The game seems great. Fun to run around, explore, fight, etc. The framrate though... is worse than I expected, even for everything I read.
    I stepped out of the cave at the very start, boom frame rate drops. And it's constant. I'm not even a graphics whore, I still play nes/snes/ps1 games... This just runs bad, and considering it's Nintendo, and this is Zelda, it's not cool. Not to mention the fog and pop in (takes the fun out of exploring when I have to get close enough to a chest just to be able to see it).
    I wish they would have dialed effects and textures back for higher frame rates and farther draw distance on mobs and chests and stuff.
    It's a bummer because otherwise it seems like a fantastic game. Framerate drops don't usually bug me either, maybe it's the art style pushing the frame rate issue further?
    I haven't played it since the patch, which may have broken something, but I put in quite a few hours on the Wii U version last month and I really didn't see major framerate issues outside of towns. From what I heard the Wii U version actually ran better than the Switch version (while docked) pre-patch. I've been meaning to jump on it again soon, but it's rather troubling to hear that the Wii U version is performing worse than before. o.O

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SavoirFaire View Post
    My biggest concern about this game is where does Zelda go after this. you just can't do open world like this... again. it would be too same-ish, even if you made it in some other area (like Majora's mask world). It would need to be another console to handle a "next level" style of Zelda after this and make it that much more different. To me breath of the wild works because its the first shot. I'm not so sure the second shot is going to fly as well. That said, I wouldn't mind a crapton of DLC for this game. It could use a few true dungeons, in spite of how awesome the divine beasts are.
    I hope they do make a lot of big DLC story packs before trying to make a sequel. A sequel could work fine, even if it's set in the same general area, as long as other improvements besides the environment are big enough and the story is different enough. But there's a lot they could do with DLCs or expansions before moving on to that.

10+ Year Old Account
    The next step in Zelda evolution is a bigger map with ocean sailing.

Quote Originally Posted by God Emperor Trump View Post
    The next step in Zelda evolution is a bigger map with ocean sailing.
    I've been thinking this since I finished east necluda. The tropical environments and sailing on the boat with my leaf, I'd love an ocean based expansion or sequel

Quote Originally Posted by Tai Rin View Post
    I haven't played it since the patch, which may have broken something, but I put in quite a few hours on the Wii U version last month and I really didn't see major framerate issues outside of towns. From what I heard the Wii U version actually ran better than the Switch version (while docked) pre-patch. I've been meaning to jump on it again soon, but it's rather troubling to hear that the Wii U version is performing worse than before. o.O

- - - Updated - - -

I hope they do make a lot of big DLC story packs before trying to make a sequel. A sequel could work fine, even if it's set in the same general area, as long as other improvements besides the environment are big enough and the story is different enough. But there's a lot they could do with DLCs or expansions before moving on to that.
    Like I said, stuff like this generally doesn't bother me. I can still smash through 64 turoks and not be bothered by the way it runs.
    It might be the perfect storm of the art style making it more pronounced, it being 20 fucking 17 and why are they letting this happen still, and Zelda being most (myself included) gamer's golden boy. Don't get me wrong, having a blast playing it, but a few graphical tweaks and botw would be as close to perfect as one could hope.

10+ Year Old Account
    sooo uuuuhhhhh fuck the Rito in general? Their zone is pretty bland and their connection to the story is eh. Geez

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    sooo uuuuhhhhh fuck the Rito in general? Their zone is pretty bland and their connection to the story is eh. Geez
    To be fair, all the actual hubs are kinda bland in my opinion.

It's like "Oh, hello! You're here! Go take care of business please, we have nothing at all needing to be done that's really major".

Aside from the Gerudo place it seems.

The Zora probably have the best tie in though in my opinion, since, you know, they actually know Link.

Probably my major complaint about the game, I feel as if it would have been neater if the Divine Beasts had a bit more build up to them, rather than just some small minor task.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did the Zora one and had no issue and the Gerudo had a task for me to do before hand

I havnt done the Goron yet.

But the Rito? Go meet dude, be bbf, go on big birdy.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW fuck the Koroks and their trials

currently sitting at 69 shrines 102 korok seeds 13 hearts, 2 1/2 bars of stamina, 2 divine beasts and explored plateu. west necluda, hateno, akkala, lanayru. death mountain, east necluda and almost done with faron about to go to i think the gerudo place havent had to use a guide yet.

im doing everything zone by zone exploring every inch and trying to find everything and then after ive done everything i can except beat ganon ill bring out the guide and finish 100% whatever i couldnt find on my own (probably korok seeds :P) then after i finish the game ill get lego city under cover

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    The Zora probably have the best tie in though in my opinion, since, you know, they actually know Link.
    (Pretty sure GG is the only one in this thread actually playing the game, and he said which parts he passed so I'll use spoilers where necessary.)

Not really. Zora's are just standing around the forest looking for any human. It just so happens that the one who shows up woke up from a hundred year nap. It was pure coincidence that Link almost became the new king of the Zora since he was going to bang Mipha.

But it's okay, because in the end the camera zooms in on the Zora prince like 20 times and Link ends up riding him instead. Link becomes the Zora king one way or another.

Gerudo connection to the story is my favorite. It's true Zelda theme, Link isn't wanted but he goes into someone's house and asserts his dominance anyway.

Rito connection really was weak. Abysmally weak.

Goron part felt like typical Gorons. I feel like the Gorons are always portrayed as simplistic and needing a stranger's help.

ive put in over 95 hours and still havent touched like half the zones almost

10+ Year Old Account
    I saved a dragon on a mountain and all I got was an orb and a shitty spear. I took some good pics I prob will end up posting like tomorrow or something

- - - Updated - - -

So I got the master sword and got that cut scene

here is how I am translating the Deku tree talking to Zelda

Gurl, you tell him yourself.

Here is how I am translating the Deku tree talking to link

Yo link, Zelda is DTF

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

The Legend of Zelda:
    That one time zelda was not fuking ready

10+ Year Old Account
    Finished all 120 shrines, 4 dungeons. Have 93 korok seeds. Took 95 hours. All and all this is one of my favorite games. Not a perfect 10 but still it's pretty good.