Thread: Rogue quest OP?

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I saw Dog play with it a bit yesterday look interesting. It doesn't even have that much new cards requirements but of course it's probably not the final version.

Official forums and Heartpwn are filled with Rogue Quest OP Threads.
    Theres a definitely, yet justifiable, nerf coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    No idea why people are struggling with Quest Hunter so much. Climbed from 15 to 10 with it and had about 4 loses so far. Barring horrendous draw I'm completing the Quest by turn 6 or 7 then refilling my hand pretty easily with Buzzard and killing people with Tundra Rhino and Broods.
    As rogue i finish the quest and kill you by turn 6 almost everytime. As a priest i get the 40 hp reno taunt on average turn 8. I think the hunter quest is mediocre, its better then druid quest but still nothing to write home about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get quest done = cheap charge minion and doppelgang a return minion = win.
    Another cancerdeck with pirate warrior.
    They could just make a card that destroys your opponent. If you draw it, you win. Same shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    Have you read the planned frost mage "nerfs" ?!? It's like nerfing a hangman's rope by coloring it blue.
    Mr. Smith about the cost of Triple-spec
    3k gold right off the bat, about 5 silver a week later.

Checking out the vod, dog lost to elemental paladin of kolento. The 3/5 divine shield and strong on curve minions are too much for this deck.
    Last edited by NED funded; 2017-04-07 at 12:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    As rogue i finish the quest and kill you by turn 6 almost everytime. As a priest i get the 40 hp reno taunt on average turn 8. I think the hunter quest is mediocre, its better then druid quest but still nothing to write home about.
    I'm surprised I haven't seen more anti shaman ones. I've been playing the murloc quest and I'm killing them around the same turn. Though in truth the rogue quest overpowers the shaman one in turn of board strength but murlocs become so rediculous so fast.

I faced a quest rogue today, he finished his quest on turn 4 (2 shadowsteps, ferry man and 1 swashburglar) and also got mirror image off one of his swash burglars for even more 5/5s on turn 5. Felt pretty bad, but I think that's pretty much the dream scenario for him and won't happen every time. Does seem like a very strong deck though.

Quote Originally Posted by zinfandel View Post
    Woo 4 games. Thanks for your extensive research /sarcasm

There is an old meta - its the pirate warrior and jade druid decks the o/p referred to. (All decks that had one or more now wild cards have been converted to wild. All people who want to still play them have to do is to click 'convert to standard' and replace any wild cards. In the case of jade druid, its about 4.)
    I was doing the Maiev quest with a shitty mage deck, since I'm waiting til tomorrow to open all my packs (don't ask!). It probably took me 20-30 games, not sure exact number. It was my observation that almost everyone is running the quests atm. Shamans aren't at all, they seem to all be playing elemental decks. I didn't see any paladins, so not sure about them. I think I faced 1 pirate warrior vs 3 quest ones and 1 jade druid vs 1 quest one.

The quest druid game was great. He finished his quest pretty quickly, but then I killed his giant anaconda and it summoned Barnabus... so he didn't get the battle cry. He conceded pretty quick after that.

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSnow View Post
    Checking out the vod, dog lost to elemental paladin of kolento. The 3/5 divine shield and strong on curve minions are too much for this deck.
    beat them with taunt warrior with double dirty rat. Also never lost to a rogue with murloc shaman so far. All my minions cost 1-2-3 and my board is filled with buffed minion a rogue cannot remove with that deck. I rather face this rogue any day then pirate warrior/mid range shaman. Infact this is the most fun i had in a while with this game. Zoo and Combo decks everywhere. Jade druid dead as shit.

The only thing that sucks is that druid itself seems very, very bad now. The quest is very bad when it comes down to it, since it only discount minions not in your hand. Seems to counter productive.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post
    I'm surprised I haven't seen more anti shaman ones. I've been playing the murloc quest and I'm killing them around the same turn. Though in truth the rogue quest overpowers the shaman one in turn of board strength but murlocs become so rediculous so fast.
    Yes murloc shaman seems like a solid deck against rogue quest.

It's way too early to call anything OP. There will always be chaos at the start because all the decks are up in the air. Other decks will come along to counter it most likely. I can see it stomping pretty hard at lower levels but as better players start to craft better decks, we'll get a more defined meta. I'm not saying it's a bad deck, it's probably going to turn out fine, but don't call it unbeatable before people start thinking about trying to beat it.

beat them with taunt warrior with double dirty rat. Also never lost to a rogue with murloc shaman so far. All my minions cost 1-2-3 and my board is filled with buffed minion a rogue cannot remove with that deck. I rather face this rogue any day then pirate warrior/mid range shaman. Infact this is the most fun i had in a while with this game. Zoo and Combo decks everywhere. Jade druid dead as shit.

The only thing that sucks is that druid itself seems very, very bad now. The quest is very bad when it comes down to it, since it only discount minions not in your hand. Seems to counter productive.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes murloc shaman seems like a solid deck against rogue quest.
    Yeah dirty rat is prett strong against the deck, murloc shaman is weak though, you might have gotten lucky. Dog crushed those decks with this deck, the murloc decks usually make very inefficient trades to avoid lethal and still loose to 5/5 charge. Couple of thinks I would add to the deck is a blood mage instead of two preps and another variation and a shadow caster mixed in.
    Last edited by NED funded; 2017-04-07 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    It's way too early to call anything OP. There will always be chaos at the start because all the decks are up in the air. Other decks will come along to counter it most likely. I can see it stomping pretty hard at lower levels but as better players start to craft better decks, we'll get a more defined meta. I'm not saying it's a bad deck, it's probably going to turn out fine, but don't call it unbeatable before people start thinking about trying to beat it.
    Its up there, we arent talking about a deck wiping rank 20. Its stayed legend 1 for the entire time he played it lol. Not saying its op, but its def on the super strong side.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSnow View Post
    Yeah dirty rat is prett strong against the deck, murloc shaman is weak though, you might have gotten lucky. Dog crushed those decks with this rogue, the murloc decks usually made very inefficient trades to avoid lethal and still lost to 5/5 charge. Couple of thinks I would add to the deck is a blood mage instead of two preps and another variation and a shadow caster mixed in.
    Seems l always get one of my gentle giant for turn 4 adapt, so i guess part is luck. Im 7-2 against rogue right now.

@Ouch forgot to ask decklist?

Beat every Rogue and Priest I've met so far. /shrug

Oh apart from a Rogue who had a turn 3 Van Cleef from Prep>Mimic Pod>Top deck Back Stab>Back Stab.

I'm sure the Quest Rogue is probably the stronger deck, just saying Quest Hunter is working fine for me.

Quote Originally Posted by thenconfuciussaid View Post
    Official forums and Heartpwn are filled with Rogue Quest OP Threads.
    Theres a definitely, yet justifiable, nerf coming.
    I wouldn't exactly say it would be a justifiable nerf. What exactly are rogues supposed to play in standard if the quest gets nerfed so that it is not nearly as much of a consistent deck? Miracle rogue with no conceal so questing and auctioneer get insta gibbed the turn after you play them? Maly rogue with very limited burst and draw potential? Don't even get me started on Sherazin. Plus rogues automatically would die to aggro due to non-existent survivability via heals & taunts. The quest is pretty much all they have for a good deck.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimon View Post
    I wouldn't exactly say it would be a justifiable nerf. What exactly are rogues supposed to play in standard if the quest gets nerfed so that it is not nearly as much of a consistent deck? Miracle rogue with no conceal so questing and auctioneer get insta gibbed the turn after you play them? Maly rogue with very limited burst and draw potential? Don't even get me started on Sherazin. Plus rogues automatically would die to aggro due to non-existent survivability via heals & taunts. The quest is pretty much all they have for a good deck.
    Why are you going off on every other Rogue archetype? We're just talking about the rogue quest. Only 4 is too little, happens too quickly. If you think the majority is wrong here then you must have a gift we clearly are blinded by

Why are you going off on every other Rogue archetype? We're just talking about the rogue quest. Only 4 is too little, happens too quickly. If you think the majority is wrong here then you must have a gift we clearly are blinded by
    Triggered much?

I was "going off" of the other archtypes because they are bad in standard now, so if Blizzard nerfs the rogue quest too harshly the class will have no real competitive deck to maintain an actual presence on ladder for 3-4 months. There really isn't a feasible way to nerf the rogue quest without making it sub-par in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimon View Post
    Triggered much?

I was "going off" of the other archtypes because they are bad in standard now, so if Blizzard nerfs the rogue quest too harshly the class will have no real competitive deck to maintain an actual presence on ladder for 3-4 months. There really isn't a feasible way to nerf the rogue quest without making it sub-par in the process.
    No youre right, I was triggered actually, because you just basically said:
    Rogues need something OP, drastically difficult to go against more than any other, because theyve been undertuned elsewhere.

Im talking about the rogue quest, and youre discussing everything other than that. Its using something else to justify what you think is right

Youre assuming its going to be nerfed harshly but this is a completely different factor; a new system, legendary spell quests will receive a different compensation than previous nerfs that made those cards unplayable.

Can you find me a hearthstone forum where the threads arent all filled with people complaining about the Rogue quest being way too strong and needing balance?
    How about your games? Are you telling me youre not coming across Rogues almost every other game?
    How about how Rogues can finish their quest by turn 4 while most other quests are not as consistent?

You're way too worried about this inevitable nerf and concerned about the wrong things.

Just because this Rogue quest needs changing, doesnt mean its going to never be playable again. You have the only Blizzard game that doesnt do PTR testing, of course there will be a card here and there that's absolutely unbalanced. You just gotta eventually admit it, even if it doesnt benefit you.

The majority has been wrong before, but we're talking one of the biggest majorities than Grim Patron and Leeroy
    Last edited by Nanaboostme; 2017-04-07 at 05:09 PM.

Can you find me a hearthstone forum where the threads arent all filled with people complaining about the Rogue quest being way too strong and needing balance?
    How about your games? Are you telling me youre not coming across Rogues almost every other game?
    How about how Rogues can finish their quest by turn 4 while most other quests are not as consistent?

The majority has been wrong before, but we're talking one of the biggest majorities than Grim Patron and Leeroy
    We are on day 2 of the expansion here, if rogue is as powerful in 3 weeks (IE no new decks that pop up can challenge it) then I agree. But claiming there needs to be nerfs because the forums on day 2 are angry then thats silly. For the most part Trumps handlock does really well vs the quest because ancient watchers and razorbeaks with defender equal trading up against 2 of the rogues minions. Shadowflame, Felfire, and Twisting all destroy them so I really doubt Rogue will end up being an untouchable deck like midrange shaman was.

And Grim Patron is a bad example, because despite its popularity, it never had a high win rate out side of top legend ranks (And even then wasn't that insane)

Quote Originally Posted by Faltemer View Post
    We are on day 2 of the expansion here, if rogue is as powerful in 3 weeks (IE no new decks that pop up can challenge it) then I agree. But claiming there needs to be nerfs because the forums on day 2 are angry then thats silly. For the most part Trumps handlock does really well vs the quest because ancient watchers and razorbeaks with defender equal trading up against 2 of the rogues minions. Shadowflame, Felfire, and Twisting all destroy them so I really doubt Rogue will end up being an untouchable deck like midrange shaman was.

And Grim Patron is a bad example, because despite its popularity, it never had a high win rate out side of top legend ranks (And even then wasn't that insane)
    Grim Patron had an unhealthy appeal to the game, that was evident with the community. It was something that helped promote the nerf.
    Im only worried what the Rogue quest might do to the game, you and I can both agree it will turn people away.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    I made something similar but instead am using 1xPrep, 1xSwash, 1xFok and no VanCleef. Instead running 2 x Fire Fly and 2 x Igneous Elemental, as the tokens they generate are identical.

I don't like VC in this deck. Your early game consists of trying to rush your quest ASAP with Brewmaster and Ferrymen, which leaves little room for a big early VC. Later on he just becomes another 5/5, unless I'm dead wrong and he hits the board as 5/5 and THEN gets his buffs, in which case I will give him another chance.

The deck is highly opener-dependant, if you can't rush your quest you just lose.

I like it though. It requires finesse and planning to play right.
    didn't bluepost confirm that he is a 5/5 that gets the battlecry?

instead of a 2/2 he starts as a 5/5 and grows from there.