Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Cant get past AK 20 (bug?)

as title says, i'm stuck at ak lvl 20, and i cant make anymore work orders for more, the npc mentions khadgar and the quest to be able to go beyond 25, but i cant get that quest because i'm only at 20 and haven't unlocked all the traits.

http://i.imgur.com/fi5H2xQ.png

http://i.imgur.com/jmRISp7.png
    Last edited by Demsi; 2017-04-07 at 11:14 PM.

not a bug. just have to do the quests after you unlock all the traits i guess. just farm them wq's that give ap. shouldnt take that long. i just unlocked trait 35.should take a coupel of weeks of wq's if you only do the ones for ap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JBNagis View Post
    not a bug. just have to do the quests after you unlock all the traits i guess. just farm them wq's that give ap. shouldnt take that long. i just unlocked trait 35.should take a coupel of weeks of wq's if you only do the ones for ap.
    it certainly sucks since i'm not at 25, seems kinda dumb that i cant atleast get to 25 like i could before the patch

i def agree. getting to 25 would make it a little easier to lvl up my ele arty. im enhance and i ned like a million more to get that last golden trait.

Gigantic misunderstanding between you 2, lol. OP is talking about AK (artifact knowledge) not AP or artifact traits.

I think you just need more ressources, it's the only thing that can prevent you from starting the next research.

EDIT:
    Wait what? I just re-read, you need 35 to unlock a quest to unlock going over AK 20?

That's the biggest pile of fucking shit design I ever heard of.

You sure you have enough resources? I had no problem going from 19 to 25 just turning in the repeatable quest when the patch hit. I didnt have 34 traits either, i had 27. I went out and farmed enough ap afterwards to open up he empowered traits quest.

I had the same issue on a fresh 110. Used the tome from my main to get to 20 and then could do nothing to go further. You have to have at least 500 garrison resources to open up an instant quest to go up on AK at a time. If you do not have the required 500 resources for the quest turn in, the quest does not appear. So if you go do some WQ or treasures to the some garrison resources, you will be good to go. I had enough for the 5 quests after doing 4 WQ with resources as a reward and the emissary cache.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    Gigantic misunderstanding between you 2, lol. OP is talking about AK (artifact knowledge) not AP or artifact traits.

I think you just need more ressources, it's the only thing that can prevent you from starting the next research.

EDIT:
    Wait what? I just re-read, you need 35 to unlock a quest to unlock going over AK 20?

before 7.2 the cap on AK was 25, now it is 50 (?)

the problem is that i cant do anymore work orders, even tho i'm only at 20 AK, i should atleas be able to get to 25 before doing the quest

Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    as title says, i'm stuck at ak lvl 20, and i cant make anymore work orders for more, the npc mentions khadgar and the quest to be able to go beyond 25, but i cant get that quest because i'm only at 20 and haven't unlocked all the traits.
    I sent myself a AK 20 tome on my fresh 110. Learned it. AK guy in Class Hall had a quest to make a AK scroll and it let me do it 5 times and all instant complete. Then I did broken shore scenario at like 780 ilvl with 7 traits and then did the AK quest on Broken Shore and got AK 26 before I had any traits.

Thats how it worked for my char 4 days ago so ya i can't really help more than that. Now said char has 40 traits. Alt catch up is a lot better weew.

Deleted
    I think it's a bug you're better off contacting blizzard cs about it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    I sent myself a AK 20 tome on my fresh 110. Learned it. AK guy in Class Hall had a quest to make a AK scroll and it let me do it 5 times and all instant complete. Then I did broken shore scenario at like 780 ilvl with 7 traits and then did the AK quest on Broken Shore and got AK 26 before I had any traits.

Thats how it worked for my char 4 days ago so ya i can't really help more than that. Now said char has 40 traits. Alt catch up is a lot better weew.
    keep in mind this is my main, i dont have any characters with more than 20 AK

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post

EDIT:

35 is SO easy to get with AK 25.

15+ Year Old Account

the problem is that i cant do anymore work orders, even tho i'm only at 20 AK, i should atleas be able to get to 25 before doing the quest
    Any chance you have scrolls in your bags/bank that you haven't used from previously researching AK? For example you were using the WoW App to level your AK without logging in.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Any chance you have scrolls in your bags/bank that you haven't used from previously researching AK? For example you were using the WoW App to level your AK without logging in.
    it's probably this that's the problem. The app a week ago didn't allow you to use the scroll straight from the app. this happened to me, thought i was stuck at 22 on my druid alt, but had 3 scrolls in my bags.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    it's probably this that's the problem. The app a week ago didn't allow you to use the scroll straight from the app. this happened to me, thought i was stuck at 22 on my druid alt, but had 3 scrolls in my bags.
    Nope, dont have any scrolls in my bag/bank

keep in mind this is my main, i dont have any characters with more than 20 AK
    There you have it. problem solved. Not a bug. Get a toon to 25AK, then you can complain that your alts can't get 25.
    I can teach you how to play, but I can't fix stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagonos View Post
    There you have it. problem solved. Not a bug. Get a toon to 25AK, then you can complain that your alts can't get 25.
    Isn't the whole point of the thread that they're stuck at 20 AK?

I think the quest takes you to 26 for 'free' ... the question is, do you have your artefact at 34+ traits ?

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagonos View Post
    You should probably read the thread. He said the research option to place a work order is not available after hitting 20.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    You should probably read the thread. He said the research option to place a work order is not available after hitting 20.
    oh, interesting. I got caught up in the responses, the original post does state that he can't even place more work orders. So, that is a bit strange...
    I can teach you how to play, but I can't fix stupid.