Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    If they gave everyone speed movement enhancements or underwater mounts then yes i think it would be cool. I loved vashj'ir, but but moving around in the zone was slow from what i remember and the zone was vast.

While they are at it they could also revamp 1-60 again. Kalimdor and EK would now be sunk. Lots of underwater zones!!

A south seas expansion or atleast an ocean focused expansion could work, but it wouldn't be entirely underwater a la vashjir. Maybe with one zone consisting of a vashjir-like zone. Maybe another focused primarily on piratey island(s), another perhaps focused on small goblin islands with a fair amount on boats and barges, another focusing on sub terrain caverns with some underwater regions, maybe descend down a volcano and see a strange underground ocean zone (like journey to the center of the earth). etc.

If it was just 5-8 vashjir zones, then no thanks.

Maybe Islands or an underwater zone where you just walk along the bottom like in Throne of the Tides dungeon but another Vashir? No go fuck off.

Fuck no, whenever you need to do something in/under water it's so annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

Quote Originally Posted by tuesday the paladin View Post
    A south seas expansion or atleast an ocean focused expansion could work, but it wouldn't be entirely underwater a la vashjir. Maybe with one zone consisting of a vashjir-like zone. Maybe another focused primarily on piratey island(s), another perhaps focused on small goblin islands with a fair amount on boats and barges, another focusing on sub terrain caverns with some underwater regions, maybe descend down a volcano and see a strange underground ocean zone (like journey to the center of the earth). etc.

If it was just 5-8 vashjir zones, then no thanks.
    I love a south sea themed expansion that featured a lot of goblins and pirates. We already have submarines in the game... WTB Submarine mounts! Something that deviates away from the Legion for a while (if we don't finish it off in Legion) would be a nice breath of fresh air. We know Azshara is coming in to play soon, so I wouldn't be surprised if we got something involving the south seas/depths around the Maelstrom before we got into an expansion all about Void Lords.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I loved Vashjir aesthetically, but playing with the vertical axis is at best annoying and at worst, sickness-inducing. WoW is just not well designed for that kind of thing, and the camera cannot appropriately handle the depth or range perspective without constantly swiveling it. It's slightly better as a ranged DPS where you don't need to worry about being within melee distance, but still isn't great. In some games it's fine but I just don't think WoW is one of them.

I would love more water themed stuff, but more akin to Throne of Tides or something with ships rather than something like Vashjir or the bay in Suramar. Run speed for walking on the sea floor and marine mounts aren't enough to make up for the headache of underwater perspective and movement.

I vaguely recall that Blizzard once said in a blue post or blog entry specifically addressing water combat/question (it might have actually been talking about Abyssal Maw) that Vashjir was selected vastly less than Hyjal and that they found the majority of players found the experience frustrating, which made them cautious with that kind of thing in the future. It was ages ago though, so I could be misremembering it a bit.
    How come people complain about a vertical axis under water, but above water in the air everything is fine and dandy?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Imagine a bustling goblin neutral city. like i mean the goblin starter zone on crack with sky scrapers and such, and gold littering the streets, and gangs and such. Think WoW GTA in a neutral City.
    Gallywix: Welcome to Kezan heroes!

How come people complain about a vertical axis under water, but above water in the air everything is fine and dandy?
    We don't normally fight in the air though. I personally hated Al'Akir also for that very reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Nobody is stopping you to play Elemental casually during questing or raiding #1000 with your disabled mage friends.

Its funny that a fair number of people said yes to the topic. Espically considering the same topic cane up 6 months or so ago and everyone blasted the idea. Not as just a no, but a fucking hell no.

15+ Year Old Account
    No. I hated Vashj'ir. In EverQuest, I hated Plane of Water and Kedge Keep. I have yet to have a good experience in an MMO water zone.

Because it's not the existence of the 3rd axis. It's attempting melee combat along all 3 axes. Personally, I always end up too far away, above, or below my target (except for my Warrior... because Charge). It's my main reason for hating underwater zones in games. The camera doesn't react the way it does on solid ground. On solid ground, you can kick the camera up to an almost isometric view and run to your target. Under water, that has you swimming under your target.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    playing with the vertical axis is at best annoying and at worst, sickness-inducing. WoW is just not well designed for that kind of thing, and the camera cannot appropriately handle the depth or range perspective without constantly swiveling it.
    End of Upper Nexus, Maligos P3 and Alakir P3 are all exemples of how badly WoW handles 3 axis of liberty. Never again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz View Post
    No. I hated Vashj'ir. In EverQuest, I hated Plane of Water and Kedge Keep. I have yet to have a good experience in an MMO water zone.

Because it's not the existence of the 3rd axis. It's attempting melee combat along all 3 axes. Personally, I always end up too far away, above, or below my target (except for my Warrior... because Charge). It's my main reason for hating underwater zones in games. The camera doesn't react the way it does on solid ground. On solid ground, you can kick the camera up to an almost isometric view and run to your target. Under water, that has you swimming under your target.
    A minor inconvenience at best.

They could just add a range radar specifically for underwater zones. Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebulatica View Post
    I love a south sea themed expansion that featured a lot of goblins and pirates. We already have submarines in the game... WTB Submarine mounts! Something that deviates away from the Legion for a while (if we don't finish it off in Legion) would be a nice breath of fresh air. We know Azshara is coming in to play soon, so I wouldn't be surprised if we got something involving the south seas/depths around the Maelstrom before we got into an expansion all about Void Lords.
    Ya, I think Queen Azshara could be an interesting character to 'get away' during legion and we'd have to chase her to the maelstrom as a lead in towards the next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    There was a consensus made after Cataclysm which showed more people had the Hyjal quest achievement than the Vashj'ir achievement
    I think it was a fairly failed experiment. Looked nice, nice quests, did them once, that was it. The place was too much trouble.

I seriously doubt the majority would favor an underwater expansion; notice blizzard didn't even revisit the idea. Nor would I favor an island expansion knowing that the level designers would consider that an excuse to take away water walking mounts and put in all kinds of places where you had to wade or swim slowly. Also, these devs wouldn't do it anyway because they don't want you to "bypass content" by anything like flying. Finally, it would involve a lot of technical challanges that I don't think Blizzard is up to designing any more. They seem to be experimenting with devices to make the dev team smaller.

I'd love it but I know that majority of players don't like underwater environment so chances are next to none.

I'd love to see a South Sea expansion with several large islands and even some huge underwater zones, but not an entire expansion underwater. If its going to be anything like Vashjir they seriously need to improve its underwater combat and camera angles. It does make sense to fight Azshara in the kingdom of Nazjatar which should be deep beneath the ocean, and who knows how deep N'Zoths prison is when we got to fight him. My personal feelings with Vashjir are so-so, on one hand I love having a different kind of leveling zone that atleast tries to do something different, but on the other hand the underwater combat is just poorly done where it can be a pain to get in proper range of the mobs you need to kill as a melee.

They could also try to make something cool like a huge city in an underwater dome, while inside you can still move freely while you see the rest of the ocean above you. The rest of the area where you do the quests would be outside the city in the water.

Deleted
    I think you are in the minority here.
    prediction for your own thread: wrong. More people are against the idea than for it ITT.

I wouldn't mind a couple more underwater type things.. but a whole expansion? No way jose.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    A water THEMED expansion. Very diferent from an UNDERWATER expansion. I really love the asthetics of throne of the tides.
    this /10char