Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Brawls: Yet Another Melee Focused Thing

The amount of 'misrepresentation' Acti-Blizz puts out as PR which borderlines outright lies is getting toxic! It seems just about everything they say, is not actually what they implement. Granted as Marcus Aurelis said 'everything we hear is an opinion not a fact. Everything we see is perspective not the truth,' one can't help but take a moment and stand back and just wounder what is different with these new maps?!

So, this week is AB and the only change is severe reduction in visibility. Had they only stopped there it would have been ok but NOOOO they also cut down (MASSIVELY) leech range and ranged (target and attack range) ..

Come one Acti-Blizz, how dumb do you think we are? Yet another pro melee move which is unwarranted at all ..

ZERO innovation .. ZERO customer journey and experience enhancement .. Literally all they did was code shorter range for ranged...

I really hope the powers that be in that company step in quickly and change this new generation of kids working/balancing/designing/implementing and bring back the old guard until this sh*t is sorted out ...

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't know, I kinda like the new AB. Both as a Feral and a Moonkin.
    Natural Selection: Each time you say "Worgens" as a plural form of the word "Worgen", you have a 2/4/6% chance to be eaten by a grammar nazi.
    Tier 2 talent of the Grammar-specced "Player" class.

I'll never understand why it is so easy for some people to look like an absolute moron whining like such a child on the internet. Is this a thing that happens IRL too or is it the safety of anonymity that creates it?

Quote Originally Posted by StarGazer91 View Post
    What exactly do you want them to do? What's your own solution? Do they split up melee and ranged from pvp-ing with each other? Do they only cater to range characters, forcing 2 teams to stand on platforms seperately from one another?

Come on, idea's. How do YOU fix pvp?
    Isn't it obvious? Blizz just needs to smash the balance button and fix everything! They don't press it because they are malevolent villains who enjoy our suffering! /s

OP, you're embarrassing yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    ZERO innovation .. ZERO customer journey and experience enhancement .. Literally all they did was code shorter range for ranged...
    Yes.

All these brawls taken together can be implemented by a single developer in at most several days. Likely in less than a single day. And that's no exaggeration.

That's the extent of the effort they are now spending on PVP.

Forget about fixing balance, forget about making solo queue, forget about new and innovative things, forget about anything remotely significant. We are going to get only the tiniest, stupidest things that can be done in hours. That and Holinka's interviews where he will mooh and maah something like "yeah, we are thinking about that thing you are asking".

The amount of 'misrepresentation' Acti-Blizz puts out as PR which borderlines outright lies is getting toxic! It seems just about everything they say, is not actually what they implement. Granted as Marcus Aurelis said 'everything we hear is an opinion not a fact. Everything we see is perspective not the truth,' one can't help but take a moment and stand back and just wounder what is different with these new maps?!

So, this week is AB and the only change is severe reduction in visibility. Had they only stopped there it would have been ok but NOOOO they also cut down (MASSIVELY) leech range and ranged (target and attack range) ..

Come one Acti-Blizz, how dumb do you think we are? Yet another pro melee move which is unwarranted at all ..

I really hope the powers that be in that company step in quickly and change this new generation of kids working/balancing/designing/implementing and bring back the old guard until this sh*t is sorted out ...
    Holy hell are you missing some screws... I think you are taking this way too hard man, can't enjoy? You know where the door is..

My fire mage had fun there, I plan on being there quite a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

I am melee and I enjoyed it quite a bit. I am going to enjoy it more now that you are whining about it

Quote Originally Posted by Bearilla View Post
    I am melee and I enjoyed it quite a bit. I am going to enjoy it more now that you are whining about it
    Enjoy it until some next brawl where you are going to roleplay a pumpkin puffy for the ranged.

So myopic...

Sure, that may happen BUT I am not going to hop on the forum and QQ while talking about Bliz conspiracies against melee classes.

BTW some of the highest dmg I am seeing in bgs/brawl is coming from ranged.

I saw several ranged destroying in the brawl, perhaps its user issue.

10+ Year Old Account

You are biased. The low vis could also be used to advantage of ranged. It's much easier for ranged to escape melee since once they get to a certain distance away they auto become invis.

Ranged with high mobility like Mages, Boomies, Hunters are pretty good here. In fact, MOBILITY is what Blizz is biased for here in this Brawl. Classes with high mobility have an advantage here, where as classes with low mobility be it melee (DKs, Rets) or ranged (SPs, Locks) get the shaft.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    You are biased. The low vis could also be used to advantage of ranged. It's much easier for ranged to escape melee since once they get to a certain distance away they auto become invis.

Ranged with high mobility like Mages, Boomies, Hunters are pretty good here. In fact, MOBILITY is what Blizz is biased for here in this Brawl. Classes with high mobility have an advantage here, where as classes with low mobility be it melee (DKs, Rets) or ranged (SPs, Locks) get the shaft.
    How is that an advantage in objective based PvP ... A hunter would need to be within charge/pull/roll range to stop a flag cap .. You seen what happens to a hunter who is constantly within 15yd - 25yd of a WW or Warrior or a DH or a DK?

The map changed the winning strategy to heavy defense .. With the normal map you can win with aggressively offensive strategies (like zerg LM then Farm/Stable as an example) ..

10+ Year Old Account
    How is that an advantage in objective based PvP ... A hunter would need to be within charge/pull/roll range to stop a flag cap .. You seen what happens to a hunter who is constantly within 15yd - 25yd of a WW or Warrior or a DH or a DK?

The map changed the winning strategy to heavy defense .. With the normal map you can win with aggressively offensive strategies (like zerg LM then Farm/Stable as an example) ..
    You do know Hunters have 40 yard range and a pet (or 2) to interrupt capping, right?

l2p
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

As a mage in the snowy ab, i have practically 0 chance of dying. Blink + the visbility distance and i can just disappear, plus i can step in and out of the visbility range to stop flag caps.

Its more of a range bg than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by eggs View Post
    As a mage in the snowy ab, i have practically 0 chance of dying. Blink + the visbility distance and i can just disappear, plus i can step in and out of the visbility range to stop flag caps.

Its more of a range bg than anything else.
    WHAT?!?!?

UPDATE: Brawls are RANGED focused! All melee should be upset about this.... What was Blizz thinking!!!!! If you are melee don't even bother queuing.

This is dumb...... they are fun regardless of you playing melee or ranged. It is a minor twist on a good bg. Some people are just too far gone to enjoy anything it seems like. If it is not this brawl it will be something else.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Have you thought about how it affects melee? No, of course not. You don't think outside of the box.

You know what happens if I run into the caster backline as a melee? My healers can't see me.

Use your brain for once before creating your daily rant threads.

It affects everyone equally, it's a fucking PvP brawl and it's supposed to be stupid. Don't act like it's some "anti-ranged" conspiracy.

I mean i get your reasononly for not enjoying the bg, thats fine and thats your opinion, fact is its new content and its not rated content so it shouldnt be taken as seriously as such, and by calling them acti blizz i assume your also one of the wow conspiracy theorists who think activision somehow ruined blizzard? Yet we dont see huge complaints about how x map favors ranged or melee for anything else..only for the one map you dont like.

I think you misunderstood the intent with brawls if you thought you were going to get innovation.