Page 38 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Njorun View Post
    http://www.news.com.au/travel/travel...eee86688add67a

--

So, why are men who are out on a trip with their daughter made suspects in this manner? Quite ridiculous to assume that it's some pedophile just because a father goes on a trip with their daughter, wtf!
    cause thats the world we live in now. same world where discliplining your child gets you jail time, and a teacher raising their voice to a little bottom feeder gets fired.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    But not as bad as reporting them based on the latter assumption!
    Unless to proves true, which it has, so much so that I've been called by social workers in congratulations for it.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Dragonheart View Post
    To me, that is enough evidence to at least call in concern. It is relatively common here.
    Guess its a culture difference. Here, that thing is / has been normal going back generations, where you'd have no choice but to bed share.

Which, to me, means intrusion by someone that doesnt get it or understand and expects the worst is really annoying. Its non harmful, and my opinion is if an act is non harmful, people dont have a right to intrude.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Well then maybe do it while you're in Cali, but Ive already linked something saying its different in Texas. SO, ify you're traveling outside Cali, you probably should just not bother unless you see multiple facotrs involved.
    Washington, Texas, and another country (Belize) seem to do it differently.
    The what? Do I really need to remind a moderator that speaking in languages other than English is prohibited here? Shame on you, Crissi!

and anyways, what you linked had nothing to do with the situation. Im pretty sure California isnt nuts enough to punish a dad for sleeping in the same room . bed as a daughter temporarily. Especially given the single bedroom was all that was left.
    I still can't find the part that covers adults sleeping in the same room as children. Or the part where it applies to goddamn travel and sleeping in hotels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    The what? Do I really need to remind a moderator that speaking in languages other than English is prohibited here? Shame on you, Crissi!

I still can't find the part that covers adults sleeping in the same room as children. Or the part where it applies to goddamn travel and sleeping in hotels.
    Think there was a section where bed sharing is with opposite gender was ok, but only if the child is under 5.

Which would suck for single fathers who children have nightmares in the middle of the night and want them there...

Think there was a section where bed sharing is with opposite gender was ok, but only if the child is under 5.

Which would suck for single fathers who children have nightmares in the middle of the night and want them there...
    It only spoke of the children of different sexes.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Sure, but you probably shouldnt make judgements based on the worst case scenario either without evidense. its often wrong
    There is no concept like this "wrong" thing you're speaking about when it comes to safety. Especially of ze children!

7+ Year Old Account

The husband says that he's had that issue with the whee one (granddaughter, 3). He said that he slept next to the bed (our bed) sitting up, like a guard, and burrito-ed her in the blankets and pillows, and she managed to sleep soundly, looking over and seeing him there to protect her from the nightmares.

Way back when our daughter was living with us (and under 18), my ex called CPS (anonymously) stating that he was peeking on her and her disabled sister in the shower, and it launched a whole investigation into him for about four months. He passed their tests, naturally, but he took no risks (and generally never really does in that nature) and nothing happened to him, even though it was dangerous, in theory.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Dragonheart View Post
    Unless to proves true, which it has, so much so that I've been called by social workers in congratulations for it.
    Well, yes. By "not as bad" I meant "less bad".

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Souls View Post
    My cousin Frank slept in the same bed as his parents until he was 21. He became Francine back in '76. Then he joined that cult. I think his name is Mother Shabubu now.
    Not sure how to respond to this so I'll go with /lmao.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Yeah, a bed is a requirement for children that are too big for bassinets or something similar. A couch wouldn't even suffix. And to my knowledge, CPS requires that school age children have some kind of separation for a room. Doesn't have to be a wall, but it has to give privacy.
    Yes, that is correct. They also require a window (interestingly enough), a six by four storage unit (like a dresser), and other generic accommodations like x-number of clothes of each type.

In MD, it also required small children having at least a set number of toys designed for children, as well. I thought that was odd.
    ~~ ~~

What if he didn't have a Facebook? Why didn't he just call the cops?

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, yes. By "not as bad" I meant "less bad".
    I still say, better safe than sorry.

Especially if you have a record for finding things when calling concerned.
    ~~ ~~

Well to be fair, in this modern time, every single man is a rapist if you ask the internet.

It's quite disgusting that automatically a man gets branded a paedophile. Gonna get to a point where men are scared to be seen with their children without their wives present for fear of being arrested and being forced to "prove" that they're the child's father.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    What if he didn't have a Facebook? Why didn't he just call the cops?
    Aren't situations like these why MySpace still exists? Social media backup plan!

Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    I don't know anyone who has stuff like that saved on their phone.
    its not safe at all, if that phone gets stolen, now the criminals has access to sensitive documents that can be used to steal identities

7+ Year Old Account
    Aren't situations like these why MySpace still exists? Social media backup plan!
    Bane to that site... My daughter killed two of my computers by using Myspace when she was younger.
    ~~ ~~

My father had a medical emergency while out of state. My sister and I had to travel to go assist him. We rented a room with one bed. So for one night, my sister and I shared a bed. For two nights after, my father and I shared the same bed

Obviously we're an incestuous lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    My father had a medical emergency while out of state. My sister and I had to travel to go assist him. We rented a room with one bed. So for one night, my sister and I shared a bed. For two nights after, my father and I shared the same bed

Obviously we're an incestuous lot.
    Scandalous.
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Dispraise View Post
    Scandalous.
    There was a dog involved, as well.