Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Incinerate becoming a resource generator again makes moving even more punishing. Will be interesting to see if they balance against that at all.

Deleted
    This is incredible, screw Demonology. Destruction is the way.

Deleted
    04/07/2017 03:22 PMPosted by Seph
    We generally agree with this.

In 7.2.5, Wreak Havoc will no longer remove the cooldown of Havoc - it will only increase Havoc's duration to 20 sec. Havoc baseline will have a 10 sec duration, 45 sec cooldown (subject to tuning).

Havoc's cooldown has gradually crept down over the years, resulting in very high uptime, and culminating in 100% uptime via Wreak Havoc. This has made Havoc a pretty forgettable button in a multi-target situation. You take Wreak Havoc, apply Havoc once every 20 seconds, then go about your single-target rotation as usual. Instead of being an important actual cooldown that you planned your casts around, it became a button you always had to just apply first, in order to start doing your rotation.

With Havoc not having 100% uptime, gameplay-wise Destruction will care more about when you generate Soul Shards, how you bank them, and how you prepare to spend them with Havoc coming off cooldown. Additionally, with Chaos Bolt casts becoming relatively rarer but dealing more damage, those times when you do have Havoc available will be even more meaningful.

Despite these changes to Havoc, I want to state that we still want Destruction to stay among the top several 2-target specs. Destruction has a clear niche of being great at 2-targets, especially 2-target spread out (which some specs can't handle as well) and we don't intend to disrupt that.

The only thing that worries me about this statement, is that they agree it's not good the way it is, and are nerfing it, but there's no talk of single target compensation, unless the 40% buff to cb and shard generation alone when it goes live is high enough to not end up making us pretty shit at both St and 2 target

Quote Originally Posted by bio347 View Post
    Incinerate becoming a resource generator again makes moving even more punishing. Will be interesting to see if they balance against that at all.
    Can also generate from Conflag and Dimensional Rift. Just keep one charge of each saved in phases where you can't predict movement.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    Wondering how this will affect the Feretory of Souls.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It sounds like a step in the right direction, so that's a good thing, but it doesn't make me say I want to swap to my Warlock again. The RNG in the mastery and the current mechanics still feel to me somewhat clunky and I've never quite enjoyed it this expansion compared to WoD and the golden age of MoP, although honestly not much changed between those two.

I would love to pick on some individual things, but honestly my answer honestly is to just revert back to the MoP design. I'm struggling to think of a spec before or after that has ever felt so fluid and well designed than that.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

So Blizzard wants to fuck Demon, just Destro deserves attention?

Now bring back shadowburn, and we're gucci

I'm glad to see some changes come, but I'm completely holding my breath until they're ready to release the full changes that they want to make.

There are a ton of things now that are up in the air, and as much as I appreciate this teaser for future improvement, I'm just extremely still skeptical of the entire thing.

Good for Blizzard though for addressing Destruction.

Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Just because they published their Destro post first doesn't mean that there will be no Demo changes.
    Same with the Brew changes and now they said something about Guardians.

Just wait a bit, Demo changes will come, they already said they want to rework DE etc.

Wish they brought back the ember visuals.

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
    Something specific having a mention does not mean that something not mentioned isn't receiving attention.
    Maybe it is, maybe it isn't.
    Maybe it is but not in the way you want.

When the PTR comes up, then provide feedback in a better way then complaining that your specific whims are not being discussed above everything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

I'm going to laugh if Cry Havoc remains unchanged, but the other changes look promising.
    Back when dot snapshotting was a thing, I wrote this piece of junk.

Calm down. They're doing these posts on most if not all specs as far as I know. Guardian and Destro were done today. They'll talk Demo at some point.

- - - Updated - - -

The Wreak Havoc change has me conflicted. Nerfing it and readjusting damage is probably the right move as you can't easily be strong single target but not OP on 2 targets with Wreak. That said it is my favorite talent of the expansion.

Deleted
    Fewer chaos bolts but increased damage = ~ no dps gain or loss
    Nerfed wreak havoc = dps loss

Overall: dps loss

Hope you're happy.

I dont know why they ever fucking went away from the MoP design.

Ignoring actual tuning, the design was pretty great. Conflag generating emberbits, and now they're doing so again.

If only this is how Destro always was, I wouldn't have hated 7.0 so much.

- - - Updated - - -

Destruction was absolutely destroyed in WoD and given a band aid for a massive head wound in Legion. Demo also being fucked up doesn't change this.

I sympathize with my Demo brethren. That spec was utterly ruined by Demon Hunters being introduced. I dont even think they know what they want to do with that spec STILL.

I hope the conduit nerf is only for destro. Because i dont want to be forced to use effigy on affliction again.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blackops2008 View Post
    I hope the conduit nerf is only for destro. Because i dont want to be forced to use effigy on affliction again.
    Obviously. Affliction was not discussed, why would Blizz change THAT version of SC?

The MoP Destro soul I have within is crying tears of joy :_)

I hope they change our mastery to something more destructive than RNG and make Demonic Circle baseline and I'd be pretty satisfied (not to the level of MoP, but still)
    Last edited by Sylar Hao; 2017-04-08 at 12:33 AM.

Despite these cool changes, it does nerf us a little in terms of us having to cast to generate shards again. Whereas now it's entirely RNG/conflag based. But still, very welcome change Looking forward to testing.