Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Blizzard's WoW team just sucks right now.

I am having trouble finding the words to describe how disappointed I am with Blizzard at the moment. They have made so many missteps in Legion (especially with patch 7.2) and I am shocked that there is not a bigger uproar about their tremendous failure. Don't get me wrong, there is already a good amount of justified criticism aimed at them, but in my opinion it's not enough and it's also too nice. Blizzard needs some serious tough love from their customers right now in order to get their shit back together.

How delusional are these guys to have convinced themselves that this supposed "biggest content patch of all time" was going to make anyone happy? How can a company like Blizzard, that provided such an amazingly high quality in the past, fail so much today? I feel that they don't give a shit about this game anymore, not even in the slightest. They put so little effort into everything, it's sickening!

Why does the current Nethershard farming method get nerfed into oblivion every other day? You know, I enjoyed putting on some music and just kill some mobs for an hour or so with some of my friends. It was straight forward, relaxing and it gave me a reason to log in. Why do they keep taking this away from me? Everything that's fun and efficient needs to nerfed immediately in their opinion. They make us progress at a god damn snail's pace at this point and they hope that this makes us pay the subscription for longer. It's so transparent and sleazy.

What happened to Legion invasions? They happen at the worst times possible! The first one was at work hours and the second one was in the middle of the night. They failed so much with this, that they had remove the Legion invasion requirement from the flying achievement. How did they ever come to the conclusion that this was a good idea in the first place? Just have the invasions be up for an entire day, damnit. This is so poorly thought out and unfair to players who don't have time at those hours! Not that they are missing much, because these Legion invasions are little more than reskinned world quests anyway. I don't think there is a way to put less effort into something. It's literally copy & paste, but they STILL manage to have these invasions be bug-infested. They are putting "new content" completely untested onto the live servers and use their customers as beta testers. This is unacceptable and it has to stop!

Same with Karazhan and Cathedral of Eternal Night for mythic plus. Nobody in their right mind will tell me that these dungeons have been properly tested by Blizzard before they put them live. Karazhan and Cathedral of Eternal Night are bug-ridden disasters. Bosses just despawn in the middle of the fight (bye Medivh!), mobs are evading right in front of your face, mechanics aren't working correctly. These dungeons are also totally imbalanced. Some mobs are extremly difficult, being barely tankable and instagibbing healers and dds with certain abilities on high levels, while other mobs are extremly easy, dealing as little damage as mobs out of a heroic dungeon. Same goes for bosses, some are insane, some are trivial. What is this? The numbers are completely all over the place. It is pretty much impossible to have people join for your +15 Kara or +15 Cathedral key, because why would they? These dungeons are much harder and way less functional/polished than the other dungeons, yet they mindblowingly don't even provide a better reward than the old dungeons! If you get one of these keystones you might aswell throw it in the dumpster. This is a joke! No self respecting game developer would be proud of this.

And of course we have to endure newly implemented, completely untested, mindnumbingly annoying affixes in these dungeons, like Explosive! What a great idea, Blizzard! I bet every player was just craving an affix that forced them to constantly sift through clusterfucks of nameplates in the desperate hope of finding little orbs to destroy, because that is totally not ANNOYING, but CHALLENGING! Right, sure.

The cherry on top this cake of disappointment has to be the solo mage tower challenge. This thing truly highlighted how incredibly poor the class balance is at the moment. Some classes had it extremly easy while others had an extremly difficult, borderline impossible experience. Who would have thought that this would happen when Blizzard LAZILY didn't even create seperate challenges for each class and spec! Put some effort into this game! The worst example of this has to be the tank challenge. Not only are the different tanking classes incredibly poorly balanced at the moment, which made it totally unfair from the start, but Blizzard even had the GALL to put NPCs with their totally inept AI into this challenge. Most tanks didn't even die themselves, but instead the worthless NPCs kept dying (especially in phase 2) all the time, ending the challenge immediately without any fault of the tanking player. It was also great that sometimes everything just despawned completely when transitioning into phase 2, leaving players standing in an empty scenario that they manually have to quit out of. Wanna try this broken mess again? That'll be 100 Nethershards, please! Enjoy farming those under the Sentinax that we nerfed into oblivion again.

The laziness and incompetence of Blizzard's current WoW team is unacceptable. The time has come to write tweets, e-mails and letters directly to the President and CEO of Blizzard Entertainment, Michael Morhaime. Let him know that you are not happy with the current state of World of Warcraft and that you will not financially support this game any longer if it's quality does not improve drastically. Let him know that you want actual new and challenging content that is TESTED TO BE FIT FOR PURPOSE BEFORE BEING RELEASED, so that the paying customers can actually enjoy it. Let him know that you hate being so disrespectully used as a beta tester for new content. And don't forget to tell him that Blizzard's deceptive practices make you very unhappy, like the item level scaling that was SNUCK INTO THE GAME, even after Blizzard stated in the past that they would never do this. Demand that Blizzard's WoW team finally starts being honest with us and starts listening to their customers, before this game completely falls apart! Patch 7.2 was deceptive at best, a scam at worst. It CAN'T go on like this in future!

TLDR Walls of text are bad mmmmkay.

Deleted
    You know what sucks even harder in this day and age? Online communities, especially in video games.

No it doesn't, it's pretty damned amazing.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    LOL...this will not end well for you OP..LOL

TDLR: Just another WOW sucks thread with a little more words in it...

*Yawns*

Quit the game....

Quote Originally Posted by Andonais View Post
    TLDR Walls of text are bad mmmmkay.
    If you think this was a wall of text I think you need to look up the meaning.

Can't tell if troll or just bad at the game.

I'll Kill Kil'jaeden/Sargeras myself....

Go play something you'll have fun with, ok?

The guys that brought us World of Warcraft, The Burning Crusade, and Wrath of Lich King were the best in the history of the game. Then they left, to run Overwatch.

I think this is why I quit WoW and play Overwatch now.

Can you provide us a TLDR?

Not that I care anyway, but still it'd be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Caelia View Post
    If you think this was a wall of text I think you need to look up the meaning.
    There are over a million threads that are exactly like this one...

This one just costed more Self-esteem....

Some people are never going to accept anything as good enough unless it is meeting their exact whims.

Nethershard farming is not the intent.
    The change to dungeon AP rewards makes that very clear to anyone not in denial.
    That content measured purely in reward per hour sucks from blizzard's view, and I agree with that.

There should be reason to run a variety of content if a variety of content offers the rewards you want.
    If there is one simply more efficient than everything else, then it is a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    I'll never understand why someone would spend so much time and energy to write a wall of text like this about a video game...

Yes, 7.2 is disappointing, but writing emails and letters to the ceo? It's a fucking video game, just don't play it if it's no longer enjoyable, that's what I'm doing until 7.3.

Quote Originally Posted by Oftenwrongsoong View Post
    The guys that brought us World of Warcraft, The Burning Crusade, and Wrath of Lich King were the best in the history of the game. Then they left, to run Overwatch.

I think this is why I quit WoW and play Overwatch now.
    ....What?

More than half of them are Still making WOW...

Some of them left in general...

And over-watch is an Entirely different team in general....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raego View Post
    I'll never understand why someone would spend so much time and energy to write a wall of text like this about a video game...

Yes, 7.2 is disappointing, but writing emails and letters to the ceo? It's a fucking video game, just don't play it if it's no longer enjoyable, that's what I'm doing until 7.3.
    If only people were more like you.

10+ Year Old Account
    someone compare the name in the different credits to finally end this
    I'll do it one day if no one does

And yet I still bet you throw money at them every month.

Haven't had a chance to run M+ Cathedral but Kara seems perfectly fine on M+ and I have yet to encounter or even hear of anyone encountering any bugs in them (Kara that is). Explosive is also a good affix that makes you stay on your toes during trash, especially larger pulls. I have heard that there were some horror stories like the bat gauntlet in BRH spawning orbs and the walls on Cordana doing the same, but the actual mechanic of the affix is good.

I will agree that the mage tower challenges suck even though I think I had one of the easier ones (WW monk). They don't really take advantage of any of the class designs and when they do it seems more like an oversight. Why should I get a ton of free healing from afterlife procing off the little worm adds while BM hunters have to deal with their shitty pet AI ruining the same challenge?

The Broken Shore itself is fine and I personally don't care about nethershards, but the methods of farming for those who need them seem cancerous and annoying. The new invasions are a good source of shards for those who need them and I do find the ending scenarios to be cool little distractions, but their frequency and times seem to be completely inane. They should have 1 zone be attacked multiple times a day or at least once in the AM and again in the PM with breaks in between to allow regular world questing.

Cathedral itself seems like a perfectly fine dungeon with some cool encounters (when they don't bug out), but the rewards from it don't really seem to be worth the fact that it is a generally more difficult dungeon. We obviously need to wait for Tomb, but as long as it doesn't fall victim to the terribly tight tuning of Nighthold which Blizzard seems to acknowledge was a problem it's poised to be another fun raid.

Deleted
    Why are you wasting your time reading and responding to it? How do you know how much time and energy it took to write? Why are surprised that in a forum about a video game, people are writing about a video game?

"The current patch (which Blizzard described as the biggest content patch ever) is bad, so the next patch will probably be worth checking out."

?

They are fixing destro locks. maybe they'll actually be fun to play again. loved destro in mop/wod. so atm i feel the team rocks. but they fucked up so many classes imo this expac. i'm hoping they also fix MM hunters but i'm not optimistic on that. the only spec i feel they got 'right' was WW