Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Next expansion will be total war between the alliance and the horde
    I hope for this. I just want an expac where it's faction based against each other, and there's not some big bad guy that both factions must come together to defeat. I want Horde/Alliance fighting again. The whole, we don't like each other, but we'll be besties and solve problems defeats the purpose of factions.
    || Ryzen 5800X || Asus RTX 3070 KO OC || Corsair Vengeance 16GB - 3600 || Asus X570 || Corsair 5000D Airflow ||

Quote Originally Posted by Droodid View Post
    I hope for this. I just want an expac where it's faction based against each other, and there's not some big bad guy that both factions must come together to defeat. I want Horde/Alliance fighting again. The whole, we don't like each other, but we'll be besties and solve problems defeats the purpose of factions.
    Why fight each other when there's a greater evil? Sure Alliance and Horde can fight themselves and then just get roflstomped by Azshara or the Void.

Quote Originally Posted by thewallofsleep View Post
    What's wrong with it? I haven't picked it up yet.
    Barely much new info....

Some retcons...

Yeah...

The only new info we were given:

Draenor has no World-Soul

Titans helped with the Genasaur/Botani BS...

And....The Void lords did the Hour of Twilight on draenor, but it didn't work...

That's it....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    A. we agree
    B. Blizz said themselves, that right now he is dead, but they could bring him back, as yes in mythic the fight ended in the twisting nether, the cinematic, and his body, show him dying on draenor, so it could be played as "just before he died he returned all of us to draenor"
    C. it may be, but i think its unliekly, i think we will get 7.3 then 7.4

- - - Updated - - -

yes we defeat archimonde in the nether on mythic, but the cinematic and his body shows he died on draenor, so for now hes dead, but blizz said "if we want to bring him back we will, and it will still fit the lore
    They never said that we wasn't dead, either?

They said that they MAY Re-think it...but time will tell...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WurstKaeseSzenario View Post
    Demons can't die. They just return to the Twisting Nether and can be resummoned at any time (although more powerful demons probably need a more powerful summoning ritual).
    They can be killed in the Twisting nether, which is why Archimonde is dead- killed in the nether in mythic raid in HFC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    Barely much new info....

Some retcons...

Yeah...

The only new info we were given:

Draenor has no World-Soul

Titans helped with the Genasaur/Botani BS...

And....The Void lords did the Hour of Twilight on draenor, but it didn't work...

That's it....

- - - Updated - - -

They never said that we wasn't dead, either?

They said that they MAY Re-think it...but time will tell...
    they said "for now he is dead, but we may change that if we want him back"
    so again, yes hes dead, but hes not garunteed gone
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

10+ Year Old Account
    Next expac will be a South Seas expac with Nzoth and Azshara.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Why fight each other when there's a greater evil? Sure Alliance and Horde can fight themselves and then just get roflstomped by Azshara or the Void.
    Just because I'm tired of fighting the same bosses. Oh look it's Ragnaros again, oh look Naxx is back, oh look, it's the legion and Archimonde again, oh look it's onyxia. If there was an actual threat, and not a rehash of someone because OH THEY WEREN'T IN THE NETHER!, then ok, i'd be find with it.

I'd like just a horde v alliance all out war.
    || Ryzen 5800X || Asus RTX 3070 KO OC || Corsair Vengeance 16GB - 3600 || Asus X570 || Corsair 5000D Airflow ||

Quote Originally Posted by elprofessor View Post
    Sargeras isnt a bad guy. He only doesnt care about colleteral damage while saving the universe. As long the universe survives life will come back on its own. If the void wins its game over. I guess its slowly time we get defeated by the enemy for the first time. This would bring fresh air if we were not successful in defeat our enemy during a raid dungeon and we are forced to run away. The loot can be described as gathered rare treasures found on argus we can pick up while we are leaving argus with our ship.
    Hate to be that guy, but Sargeras is dead soon. They will have some stupid reason that either our weapons+illidan kill him. or Will have Azeroth awaken.

they said "for now he is dead, but we may change that if we want him back"
    so again, yes hes dead, but hes not garunteed gone

I just said that....

Legion is like Halo 3. In the 2nd chapter you Kill the Prophet of Truth and end the Covenant but in order to finish the fight you had to retrieve Cortana, end the Flood, and detonate the Ark to finish the firing of the Halo rings. . Basically, you have to finish the fight. Sargeras here we come.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Demons can't die. They just return to the Twisting Nether and can be resummoned at any time (although more powerful demons probably need a more powerful summoning ritual).
    Demons can die if they're killed in the twisting nether or a place with high enough concentration of fel energy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    but archimonde isnt dead and argus is just a wasteland
    Archimonde was confirmed to be permakilled because in final phase you kill him in the nether, thats why his eyes stop glowing in the cinematic.

Unlike WC3, this time, hes gone for good.

Legion is likely to be the last "big" WoW Expansion however.

Legion clearly hasnt done it for blizzard, or for the playerbase, blizzard will mitigate this problem by rushing 7.3 and finishing the story with Argus and a Sargeras fight followed by Illidan becomming Legion leader 2.0 Basically, pulling a demon version of the Lich King in Wrath.

And the "Sacrifice" will be complete.

What will likely follow are smaller, but faster expansions with 5 level content once again, but more frequently released, once per year in essence. They will likely be bitesized episodes to fill us in for what will eventually be WoW 2 or Warcraft 4.

Blizzard is due to have a new MMO, a proper MMO, and I think even they know that, WoW is not the wonderful shining roman pillar it once was back in its launch, like the Western Roman Empire at its final days, the pillar has become unclean, uncared for, covered in vines, and shows signs of age, cracking in many parts.

WoW is likely to "fall" soon but not exactly fall like, OMG everyone leaves thats it, end of WoW...

Its more a decay, a decay WoW cant seem to get rid of since Cataclysm but far more so in WoD and Legion that is showing. A sign that the old dog has finally lived its purpose, and the story of its life is comming to a close.

What happens after this wont be as cared for or enthusiastic as the playerbase once felt for it. WoW is dying, but not dying in the sense that its dead or doomed, but that it has a festering wound, that it cant seem to heal from, and its made it sick, and pallid.

Deep, contemplated metaphors aside, its not a bad thing, it just shows that its time to move onto the next best thing, chapter 2.
    Last edited by CaptainV; 2017-04-07 at 11:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Sargeras is the end boss of Legion.

Or at least I hope so. This expansion has been such a bore in both gameplay and lore.

A. we agree
    B. Blizz said themselves, that right now he is dead, but they could bring him back, as yes in mythic the fight ended in the twisting nether, the cinematic, and his body, show him dying on draenor, so it could be played as "just before he died he returned all of us to draenor"
    C. it may be, but i think its unliekly, i think we will get 7.3 then 7.4

- - - Updated - - -

yes we defeat archimonde in the nether on mythic, but the cinematic and his body shows he died on draenor, so for now hes dead, but blizz said "if we want to bring him back we will, and it will still fit the lore

We won't have a 7.4 or 7.5. They've already given us the roadmap of the expansion.

For everyone in this thread struggling to understand, we were already given the legion roadmap at blizzcon. This is NOT THE SAME as them talking about developing faralohn before WoD came out, and then we don't get it. The roadmap they showed us at blizzcon came out after legion was launched, which means these things have already gone through pre-production, design and some implementation. Talking about Faralohn before WoD came out, is a hell of a lot different than directly stating what will be coming in future patches (7.1, 7.2, 7.3). The comparison would be valid if we were told "hey guys, Faralohn is the 6.3 patch!" And THEN it was cut..

So we won't be getting a 7.4. They didn't have to say "This is the end", because its taking place on the legion's homeworld, the expansion "Legion" will end there when we defeat them. Just like after we defeat the Lich King in Wrath of the Lich King, there is not a new tier.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    first off, you clearly don't understand the lore of demons, archimonde was not "killed" in WoD only his body was destroyed, his spirit went back to the twisting nether where it is reforming and looking for a new host body, kil'jaeden suffered the same fate at the sunwell where his body was destroyed, his spirit returned to the twisting nether and here he is today fully reformed,even sargeras himself is merely a spirit waiting to inhabit a host body big enough and powerful enough to contain his titanic might, only lesser demons can be killed outside the twisting nether, and to do so requires an extremely powerful individual using extremely powerful magic, all other demons are dismembered and their spirit returns to the nether to reform over time, some taking no time at all, and some (in the case of arcfhimonde/kil'jaeden/nathrezim (dreadlords) etc) taking considerably long periods of time due to many different factors.

secondly, i don't think you realise just how much content was cut from WoD in general, there was almost an entire expansions worth of content that was simply dropped and left to rot due to "design constraints" or whatever bullshit they said it was, it's like the "path of the titans" content they teased at the end of wrath that was due to launch with cataclysm but because some muppet thought it was too similar to the old runes system they scrapped it (which is likely what the artifact weapon trees are now btw), this is nothing new, cutting content because at the time it was envisioned it was great, but as the story progressed the devs didn't feel it fit anymore with what they were hoping to achieve in game.

thirdly, i refer you to point number one, no, we did not kill archimonde we simply separated his spirit from his body where it resides somewhere within the twisting nether awaiting the opportunity to reform, in gameplay terms we "killed" him for loot but in lore he is far from dead until we travel to the twisting nether (on the other side of the cosmos to azeroth just an FYI) and rend his spirit into non existence.
    Archimonde was killed in the twisting nether in the Mythic encounter. The whole thing about Archimonde is obscured since blizzard hasn't given true confirmation which route they will take., and many people think the mythic fight is canon while the others believe the cinematic is canon.
    Kil'jaeden's body was never destroyed, you push him back through the portal.

On Topic:
    7.3 is already confirmed so this post is meaningless. Argus will be a zone, we don't know how big or how, but it will be a zone. There are videos in youtube datamining Argus landscape, and they will be changing from draenor shadowmoon valley (with different lightning) from fel corrupted structures.
    Last edited by Allenseiei; 2017-04-07 at 11:46 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Yeah, a lot of people forget that the warsong do jack shit all of WoD. Why? They were supposed to be big players in later patches, but blizz decided to end the expansion quickly, so we didnt get a warsong raid, didnt get a warsong zone, didnt get Grom boss, didnt get Gorehowl weapons, and all the various Warsong weapons that NPC's use, players cannot get.

Hell theres only a single warsong boss in the whole expansion: The first boss from Iron Docks.

- - - Updated - - -

People who fight this are ridiculous. He is so very clearly dead at this point. Didnt a dev even confirm it?
    from what i know archimonde is dead for now but they havent fully decided if cinematic him dying on draenor is canon him dying in the nether on M.
    But something else i wonder is Kel'thuzad actully dead forever , since as far i know in wotlk we dint destroy his phylactree(not that i renember atleast)
    Last edited by mmocc56b999c4f; 2017-04-08 at 12:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They die if killed in the nether. Archemonde and Kil'Jaden die in the nether.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xylense View Post
    We won't have a 7.4 or 7.5. They've already given us the roadmap of the expansion.

For everyone in this thread struggling to understand, we were already given the legion roadmap at blizzcon. This is NOT THE SAME as them talking about developing faralohn before WoD came out, and then we don't get it. The roadmap they showed us at blizzcon came out after legion was launched, which means these things have already gone through pre-production, design and some implementation. Talking about Faralohn before WoD came out, is a hell of a lot different than directly stating what will be coming in future patches (7.1, 7.2, 7.3). The comparison would be valid if we were told "hey guys, Faralohn is the 6.3 patch!" And THEN it was cut..

So we won't be getting a 7.4. They didn't have to say "This is the end", because its taking place on the legion's homeworld, the expansion "Legion" will end there when we defeat them. Just like after we defeat the Lich King in Wrath of the Lich King, there is not a new tier.
    We might get a 7.3.5
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Deleted
    Sargeras will be the end boss of legion, any other boss would make 0 sense because they kinda said a few times, this is the final legion chapter (this expansion). The legion story can't be wrapped up without doing something to Sargeras.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    They already confirmed 7.3 is Argus.
    To be fair, a lot of this expansion has been outright lies like iLvl scaling.

They could always have "meant to say 8.0 is Argus".
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always imagined Argus as like a huge planet with cities and amazingness. I am so dissapointed it's just shadowmoon valley. I pictured the draenei as being more simple. But that Argus was a technological planet. Blizzard's imagination really sucks sometimes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    To be fair, a lot of this expansion has been outright lies like iLvl scaling.

They could always have "meant to say 8.0 is Argus".
    Do you really want WoD with green shadowmoon valley?
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.