10+ Year Old Account

Returning player, is it worth it?

Hi folks,

So, i've been away from WoW since end of the WoD, and considering jumping back in now. How is the game nowadays?

I'm pretty much a solo player, not planning to raid at all, except LFRing through all the raids once, just to see the content. I like 5-mans, PvP (BG and WPVP), not a big fan of excessive grinding. Is it at all possible to collect a decent set of gear this way in Legion, so it'd be comfortable to do daily content/heroic 5-man (challenges?)/PvP? For example, in WoD I just farmed a full epic PvP set in couple weeks, which allowed me to breeze through Tanaan content and such.

I'm going to either pick ip my lvl100 Druid or start a new Shammy. Healing MS for group content, DPS for solo stuff.

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

davidbane123
    Yes lots to do casually and high end.... wanna be casual, don't level the 50 bonus artifact traits, they are useless, if you wanna be hard-core... well you brought upon your own misery, why would you level bonus traits! lol anyway alt play has gotten much more forgiving if you like alts... play bleeding-hollow US and I can help you out lol. lots of new pvp stuff like new tokens to buy pieces you get unlucky on and new pvp brawls!
    FUN FUN FUN!

- - - Updated - - -

Martin65#1695 BTW

10+ Year Old Account
    Please link ahead of the curve Guldan before resubbing.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tutorialblox View Post
    Yes lots to do casually and high end.... wanna be casual, don't level the 50 bonus artifact traits, they are useless, if you wanna be hard-core... well you brought upon your own misery, why would you level bonus traits! lol anyway alt play has gotten much more forgiving if you like alts... play bleeding-hollow US and I can help you out lol. lots of new pvp stuff like new tokens to buy pieces you get unlucky on and new pvp brawls!
    FUN FUN FUN!

- - - Updated - - -

Martin65#1695 BTW
    Thanks mate, good to know. I'm on EU though, but appreciate the offer =)

i just came back, too be honest, it really sucks. no mythic groups or guilds will touch you. no legendaries. no ap farmed. no rep farmed so wont be flying for a good long while. the content (dungeons and raids) are fun, but catching up this expansion is not with layers of RNG on top deciding if you can compete or not.

I got into an old guild of mine and raiding has been fun. but its not enough with how far behind i am.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    i just came back, too be honest, it really sucks. no mythic groups or guilds will touch you. no legendaries. no ap farmed. no rep farmed so wont be flying for a good long while. the content (dungeons and raids) are fun, but catching up this expansion is not with layers of RNG on top deciding if you can compete or not.

I got into an old guild of mine and raiding has been fun. but its not enough with how far behind i am.
    Hop in a nethershard farm group. Won't take long at all. I got a mage to 890 in no time.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    Hop in a nethershard farm group. Won't take long at all. I got a mage to 890 in no time.
    im 900 after 2 weeks. But my legendaries are shit. My rep is shit. My class hall cant do most missions. I am 4/10m and being held back by rng legendaries and timegated rep for flying.

again raiding has been fun. Mythics are still fun for me, but there is no realistic catching up without getting lucky at this point. No other expansion was like this. I need lucky rng to get my legendaries or I will go months as a subpar dps.
    Last edited by The Oblivion; 2017-04-08 at 12:26 AM.

Its a great expansion, lots to see and do, lots of bonus quality of life improvement few will ever mention. Jump on in, the water's fel, but thats the theme after all. You will get a lot of negative Nancies on here, theyre bitter and unhappy and want others to be bitter and unhappy. Just like the Legion they need to be sent back to their homeworld and put to bed.

Crybabies on forums will all tell you no, so just figure it out yourself.