Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    I don't know, I am pretty happy with my life, and I'm excited by how rapidly science and technology are developing. Toxic edgelords on the Internet hardly affect anything; in our world this is the kind of thing happening:

That's actually pretty rare.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDestinatus View Post
    Nothing, the system is too broken to fix. Over population + mass production means we are consuming finite resources pointlessly. Human beings are more like viruses than mammals. Don't even attempt to form an equilibrium they just multiply and multiply until there is nothing left but the vague hope of consuming another planet.
    Ok there Agent Smith...

Edit: In order to fix all the fucked up shit in our world, you would need to ban every religion and their institutions entirely.

10+ Year Old Account
    we can start with some asari cheerleaders.

10+ Year Old Account
    We need a force of dedicated young people willing to use their looks and athleticism to inspire us to strive for success. They could perform in front of crowds, trying to build enthusiasm by getting us to cheer along with them. Yes, this thread needs ... cheerleaders.

With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Protect freedom of expression, protect and respect consent of body and mind, do not allow other people to dictate your opinion (whether a bureaucracy or individual).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Generate new value through innovation.

If your version of a "better world" requires most other citizens to agree with your particular politics before it can work, then you have bad solutions.
    yeah because cooperation is terrible. i mean that never produced anything of value.....oh wait it's how we form societies and civilizations and laws.....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    We need a force of dedicated young people willing to use their looks and athleticism to inspire us to strive for success. They could perform in front of crowds, trying to build enthusiasm by getting us to cheer along with them. Yes, this thread needs ... cheerleaders.

where are my asari cheerleaders?

15+ Year Old Account
    Unlimited free hentai would unite the world in peace.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is there no mention of cheer leaders in the OP ?

Deleted

Step one: remove humans!
    Step two: ???
    Step three: Profit

Who knew it was so easy!

We wanted to make the world better not worse. Thanks those pictures will give me nightmares

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny
    where are my asari cheerleaders?
    Hey, you beat me to the cheerleader comment because you skimped on the pictures! You'll have to provide them yourself. Are you sure you didn't misspell Asian? We can check another sample group to be sure.

With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Deleted
    TBH it is still beyond me how religions survived that long.
    Yea, with that in mind... we got a long way to go.

Emphasis on science more than anything else. We've advanced more in my lifetime than the vast majority of human history. There's no reason to think it's going to stop as long as we put pursuit of knowledge about petty ideological differences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Have to get rid of superstition, money and labor.
    How would you move resources around without money? Money is about liquidity in exchange, so even if a new system passed around digital tokens that would still be money.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    How would you move resources around without money?
    You just move them. No wealth.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    You just move them. No wealth.
    Who is making the decisions to move resources? Without an information and accounting system there is no chance of handling modern complexity. With those systems the current wealth value of a resource still has a number just like with currency.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey, you beat me to the cheerleader comment because you skimped on the pictures! You'll have to provide them yourself. Are you sure you didn't misspell Asian? We can check another sample group to be sure.

i want my elven cheerleaders nao.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny
    i want my elven cheerleaders nao.
    How about this one? Her idle animation appears to involve bouncing on her toes. She's practicing shooting things, and may be able to summon bears. We can't really see her ears, so she could be an elf!

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Removing Religion would be a first great step.