Thread: Pokemon, Part 2

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Frank Succubus View Post
    Oh I know Pherey is fast, I'm just disappointed so many new pokemon I liked are pretty flawed outside of smogon specific tiers. That's the norm though.

Its also going to suck trying to get a good nature for her. Does synchronize still increase your chance of getting specific natures or does it not work on legendary/one shot pokemon?

I'm thankful hyper training is a thing but the problem with it is that it doesn't really fix or change your pokemon's IVs. I will still be breeding for near flawless pokemon, which is something I enjoy doing, but it will be bad for legendary stuff. On one hand you can get yourself some great IVs finally, eliminating one of the biggest headaches with pokemon like that but there's a good chance hyper training won't carry over to gen 8 unless they treat it like the contest ribbons..I think those carried away from gen 3 to 4 or perhaps I'm mistaken.
    It still works. But he sure its similar lvl (or higher) that the legendary. Low lvl abras are no good.
    Its 50/50 chance, but on ultra beasts it worked 100% for me so far. Lvl 50 kadabra should be fine.

I recomend getting legendary with right nature and hidden power, since some need it. Then lvl it to 100 and fit its ivs with bottlecaps. (or ask some1 to give you a hacked one)

Also there will be 7.5 gen game 100% with trainers to fix the skills of pokemon.
    What it will be, no1 knows, but i hope its not gen 4 remake.
    http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Generation_IV
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Frank Succubus View Post
    -snip-
    I blame the fairly late release of pokemon bank and Gamefreaks moronic decision to not include all megastones from the very beginning for my lack of interest in the competitive side. With the game's shitty endgame, that would have been the only thing to keep me playing.
    The problem is that I've always felt like the meta was "incomplete" and prone to change drastically with the new releases (Pokebank and now the gradual megastone releases). It's just not something that I think is worth getting into.
    A minor factor is what you brought up about only very few alolan mons being "viable", in my tier of choice OU at least. There just isn't all that much new stuff to play around with. Which is a shame really cos this gen does have some great design in my opinion.

Now I do think that Sun & Moon were great games actually, the removal of HMs, the island trials, the new mon designs along with alolan forms, even the story in which you play a role in CREATING the goddamn league and becoming THE first champ. It's all very cool stuff, however there's just no endgame that could keep me interested and neither is the competitive scene interesting enough for reasons stated above.

Deleted
    I too haven't played much post game, there's just no real need once you've caught everything unless you like doing the online competitions, which I don't.

What I have done recently was replay Alpha Sapphire (after safely sending all my pokemon to Bank) and once I was able to, transfer my shiny lvl4 Ninetales and use that as my starter and use existing ones I have as the HM slaves and powered my way through just for fun. Completed it and the Delta game in about 13 hours so that was fun for me. I also made sure I got the shiny charm and now I am soft resetting for shiny legendaries that come through those wormhole things...

900 SRs later and still no Shiny Zekrom, why did I think this was a fun idea? I don't know anymore... ._.

Quote Originally Posted by Amber Lemur View Post
    900 SRs later and still no Shiny Zekrom, why did I think this was a fun idea? I don't know anymore... ._.
    I spent over thousand SRs to get Shiny Ho-Oh, only for it to struggle to death. Then thousand more to get it again.

10+ Year Old Account
    So this show is back:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    So this show is back:
    OMG yaaaaay Rusty! Waited so long for this.
    @Lahis omg I am so sorry, the pain is real hen it comes to shiny hunting ._.

10+ Year Old Account

Deleted

10+ Year Old Account
    For those of you who participated in the recent Kanto X Alola Regional Rumble Competition, the entry gift is now available to all qualifying players through this link after logging into the Global Link. This gift is a Pidgeotite and a Steelixite, which cannot be obtained through any other means at this time, and needs to be redeemed by April 27th 2017 at 23:59 UTC.. However, separate distributions for these Mega Stones through shared code will begin in later this Spring for those who didn't participate in this online competition.
    (you need to log on g-link 1.st to make it work)
    https://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/present/b...5-f44cba017daf

Details of the next Battle Competition have been announced. This is the 2017 International Challenge April competition. This is a Double Battle competition using VGC 2017 rules requiring the Alola Pokédex only. Cosmog, Cosmoem, Solgaleo, Lunala, Magearna, Necrozma and Zygarde are not allowed. Mega Stones are also not allowed. Registration will be open from April 19th at 00:00 UTC to April 27th 23:59 UTC and battles will run from April 28th to April 30th. All entrants will get the Sceptilite and Blazikenite Mega Stones. Players that are part of the Play! Pokémon program will also earn Championship Points if they rank high enough.
    (oo i know who needs that stone pretty bad here)

The fifth Pokémon Sun & Moon Global Mission has begun. This Global Mission's theme involves hatching Eggs. To beat this Global Mission, over 200,000 Eggs have to be hatched. Rewards are 2,000 FC (Success), 200 FC (Failure) - If the game is tied to a Global Link account: 4,000 FC (Success), 400 FC (Failure). This Mission runs until April 10th 2017 23:59 UTC. If players hatch 3 or more Eggs, then they will earn a Rare Candy and if 400,000 Eggs are hatched, all players with a PGL account will get a Love Ball

Also fuck windows 10 auto-update. I have to reinstall whole windows all over again, since it corupted the files and it keep reseting when i tried to enter windows.
    RAGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

aw man these cards so rare

"I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Anyone that got their hands on the japanese shiny tapu koko?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    Anyone that got their hands on the japanese shiny tapu koko?
    Only fakes on gts. Not even japanese.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    Soooo no Misty and Brock, but new kids instead... Gen 7 Pokémon...

I'm calling it, next game will be in Kanto (we will be following Lillie there) and those kids Ash had with him are the new Player Charscters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Soooo no Misty and Brock, but new kids instead... Gen 7 Pokémon...

I'm calling it, next game will be in Kanto (we will be following Lillie there) and those kids Ash had with him are the new Player Charscters.
    I wouldnt mind that. I HATE THAT MOUNTAIN.

Also that kid with red hair reminds me of a son of that trainer from black and white.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sooo, what? The new movie is... The first few episodes of season 1... Rebooted to accommodate Gen 7? Because that's the vibe I'm gathering from the new trailer.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Marshadow is involved as well as ho-oh, some original characters as well. All we know so far.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Romeothecat View Post
    Marshadow is involved as well as ho-oh, some original characters as well. All we know so far.
    We saw Ho-Oh in ep1 S1, despite not knowing what it was at the time. Kinda cool Marshadow is involved given we know pretty much nought about it.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!