Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Black guy...white music

So I am a black guy which obviously shouldnt matter but I would like to use that as a scope of reference. My black Culture has gone towards rap music that makes no sense and absolutely no more R&B music and love songs. But being in a vehicle (job related) with other cultures i have found 2 songs that I caught on the radio that i find to be super dope songs and they fill my R&B void that im feeling.

the songs are
    James Arthur: Say you wont let go
    The chainsmokers: Paris

I dont know why but to me those are some dope ass songs and i would really like for you guys to suggest some more songs like that for me to check out.
    thanks
    Semper Fi

Deleted
    Basically anything on the Global top 50 on Spotify are songs like this. Generic shallow crappy pop tunes.

Let country music fill that void. This song here is how a full grown man talks to a full grown woman.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Black guys White Music.
    Sounds like you need some Living Color mate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    Basically anything on the Global top 50 on Spotify are songs like this. Generic shallow crappy pop tunes.
    Is global top 50 narrowed down to love/relationship songs? Because thats what im looking for I have my hardcore rap music down packed. Its just Black music aint producing much R&B right now and thats what I want ya know? So since I heard those songs I wanted to dive into the white spectrum of music for my fix lol.

- - - Updated - - -

cus to me that song that james arthur has...say you wont let go...man that song is sooooo good i want more of that stuff..i just need to be pointed in the right direction lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post

Let country music fill that void. This song here is how a full grown man talks to a full grown woman.
    YOOOOOO nice song man dope...I love rap but i also love to hear some good love shit....im 28 and been married for ten years in august. thanks great song (you get me)
    Semper Fi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post

Yo he said her body is like a back road lol love it.....im a sucker for some good relationship/love songs man
    Semper Fi

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think there is white music or black music. Music is music. Jazz and blues originated in the African-American culture, for example, but today millions all over the world, of all colors, play it, and probably over a billion listen to it. It is a part of the world musical culture, it belongs to everyone.

Sorry for the off-topic ranting, feeling like musing today (pun intended)!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post
    Black guys White Music.
    Sounds like you need some Living Color mate.

Ok so this one...the first couple of seconds/minutes i was like wow this sounds wayyyyy too old like some shit my parents would like.Buuuuuut then the beat picked up and it got into a pretty nice groove.. thanks
    Semper Fi

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't know music had a skin color setting.

Install Spotify, search for the songs you like build from there get weekly mixes and explore further. The songs you mentioned are generally just the popular ones that tend to get aired all the time, so as others have said just going for the hit lists will drop you in that category.

If chain smokers is your thing, you'll find plenty of similar artists in that mixup of pop and electro, martin garrix, zedd, clean bandit, lost frequencies, calvin harris and so on they all fall into that category of that type of "pop electro"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    I didn't know music had a skin color setting.

Install Spotify, search for the songs you like build from there get weekly mixes and explore further. The songs you mentioned are generally just the popular ones that tend to get aired all the time, so as others have said just going for the hit lists will drop you in that category.

If chain smokers is your thing, you'll find plenty of similar artists in that mixup of pop and electro, martin garrix, zedd, clean bandit, lost frequencies, calvin harris and so on they all fall into that category of that type of "pop electro"
    your whole skin color comment i dont know man im really tryna just get in touch with other cultures. i didnt mean to be racial i just wanted to chat and relate so i did it the best way i could
    Semper Fi

Deleted
    Start at the beatles and then keep going.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzin View Post
    So I am a black guy which obviously shouldnt matter but I would like to use that as a scope of reference. My black Culture has gone towards rap music that makes no sense and absolutely no more R&B music and love songs. But being in a vehicle (job related) with other cultures i have found 2 songs that I caught on the radio that i find to be super dope songs and they fill my R&B void that im feeling.

the songs are
    James Arthur: Say you wont let go
    The chainsmokers: Paris

I dont know why but to me those are some dope ass songs and i would really like for you guys to suggest some more songs like that for me to check out.
    thanks
    This is a good song

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Once upon a time black music was Jazz and Soul. Go back to that.
    I have to say you are right jazz was the roots of all of that but i cant pretend like i was around for that i dont even know lol
    Semper Fi

Deleted
    Next you'll be putting down that bargain bucket of fried chicken and start liking salads. Progress!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    This is a good song

dude thanks for the laugh but you know i cant fuck with that.....wow very interesting though lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post
    Next you'll be putting down that bargain bucket of fried chicken and start liking salads. Progress!
    i honestly need to gain like 30 pounds...and my wife loves salad i dont..so ill leave the salad to her..i need the PROTIENS lol
    Semper Fi

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't get any whiter than white nerd music. Instrumental white nerd music, at that.

For that, you go to Two Steps from Hell. They have some "love" songs... kind of.

“Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    a long time ago..around the time when the movie Armageddon (with bruce willace) came out...that was when i was fresh in the military..there was a song and for the life of me this is all i can remember but there was a part in the song (maybe) the course wheres there was words about a mountain...and also one thing about the music video there was a white guy sitting in a room explaining whatever that song was about but i know it had to do with relationship stuff...as a matter of fact the song was talking about like a mountain being in between them and their relationship or something like that but man that was a fire ass song too...its just been too many years for me to remember.
    Semper Fi

Deleted

Bad Brains, the best hardcore punk rock band ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    It doesn't get any whiter than white nerd music. Instrumental white nerd music, at that.

For that, you go to Two Steps from Hell. They have some "love" songs... kind of.

I literally listened to this untill the 2 minute mark when i realized it was just an instrumental but still i enjoyed the sound...i would much rather like some words/stories/experiences thrown in there lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Niibek View Post

Bad Brains, the best hardcore punk rock band ever.
    I gave it a shot and listened...but thats a little too extreme for me...thats not something me and my lady can drink and relate to lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzin View Post
    I literally listened to this untill the 2 minute mark when i realized it was just an instrumental but still i enjoyed the sound...i would much rather like some words/stories/experiences thrown in there lol

- - - Updated - - -

I gave it a shot and listened...but thats a little too extreme for me...thats not something me and my lady can drink and relate to lol
    it was kinda too fast tempo for us lol...that wasnt the CHILL ,usic for us lol
    Semper Fi