Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Who is making the decisions to move resources?
    Whatever body is given responsibility by the public for allocating a given resource.

Without an information and accounting system
    Wealth is not needed for either of these.

Nothing, the world is doomed. Enjoy your stay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula
    Removing Religion would be a first great step.
    Disclaimer -- I'm agnostic, and I don't particularly like religion.

With that said, I disagree with you. Religions tend to thrive on persecution, so removing religion is unlikely. Further, people will believe what they choose, even in the face of persecution, which makes the removal of religion even more pointless. Pointless? Yes, because if it were removed, it would still be remembered, and new religions would simply fill the void.

As much as I'm not a fan of religion, I'll give credit where it is due. Many religions have positive aspects that tend to get lost in their internal politics. This goes to prove human nature more than it establishes religion as something negative.

Rather than derailing to an extended discussion of religion, however, contemplate cheerleaders!
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dont fight for a better world, just try to be a better person.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Ok there Agent Smith...

Edit: In order to fix all the fucked up shit in our world, you would need to ban every religion and their institutions entirely.
    That's the thing. Agent Smith was 100% right when talking about humans. The only thing he wasn't right about was the machines being the cure.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Start by banishing Liberals

1. Stop being afraid of one-another.
    2. Stop misunderstanding individualism.
    3. Live within out means.
    Remember kiddies, hope was the last evil in Pandora's box.

Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    Disclaimer -- I'm agnostic, and I don't particularly like religion.

With that said, I disagree with you. Religions tend to thrive on persecution, so removing religion is unlikely. Further, people will believe what they choose, even in the face of persecution, which makes the removal of religion even more pointless. Pointless? Yes, because if it were removed, it would still be remembered, and new religions would simply fill the void.

As much as I'm not a fan of religion, I'll give credit where it is due. Many religions have positive aspects that tend to get lost in their internal politics. This goes to prove human nature more than it establishes religion as something negative.

Rather than derailing to an extended discussion of religion, however, contemplate cheerleaders!
    The thing is, even the supposed benefits of religion are entirely built on lies and manipulation, and as far as human nature, it really doesn't speak well of us that we allow it to continue. I think most people are smart enough to know deep down that religious beliefs are mostly bullshit, they just continue to stick with it because they would rather just shut off their brains to get a warm fuzzy feeling inside. In the modern world, religion is less important because we can just fill that void with consumer goods instead, and economies develop in poorer areas we should see religious practices fade into obscurity as they are simply no longer needed.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Macaquerie Since religion is a banned topic I'll refer to the last part of the language you quoted.
    Thus ...

With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Locruid View Post
    Start by banishing Liberals

No, the toxic mindset where the world is only divided into a certain type of Liberals and Conservatives, both of course only by US-American standards, needs to be banished altogether.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tollshot
    More than a little bit pedo there mate.
    o.O

Since they're mainly in their 20s and have normal appearances for their age and ethnicity ... ya may need to get outside more. The Olympic beach volleyball cheerleaders are recruited from the universities. On the other hand, I can think of several women here in their thirties who don't look much older.

7+ Year Old Account
    Get rid of reality TV. Hopefully that will begin a process where we stop rewarding people for being stupid and attention seeking for quick fame.

Step 1. Don't allow kids to come into contact with religions or new age bullshit until 18.
    Step 2. Base all education on scientific principles. Your personal beliefs do not belong in children's education.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Neyze View Post
    Perhaps try some meditation. All the answers you seek are within.
    How about you meditate while I actually help the human species with physics?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Caelia View Post
    You list yourself as being from Croatia which was in a 4 year long war for independence 1991-1995, and this is just 1 of ~30 armed conflicts in Europe since the 90's.
    Not really a continent at peace if you ask me.
    It's the most peaceful continent. If you really are bothered by the idea of the continent being at peace, you can imagine me having said "the EU" or even something completely unrelated "Australia". It truly does not matter. There are many societies dedicated to things that have nothing to do with destructive influences, and you people, ironically, wish they were destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    Creationism, what a refinement indeed. "B-but you know evolution is just a theory, right?"
    Galileo proving the earth is round, better lock him in his house for the rest of his life on orders of the pope.
    Galileo was also a devout Catholic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    The only ones to thank for science as we know it today are the people who gradually invented the world as we know it today, despite religion.
    Said people that were also devoutly religious/spiritual.

But if you want to re-write history so it agrees with you...go ahead.
    Just don't confuse it with the truth.

We should tell the USA to stop playing world police. Would make the world a much better place.

Quote Originally Posted by Caelia View Post
    You list yourself as being from Croatia which was in a 4 year long war for independence 1991-1995, and this is just 1 of ~30 armed conflicts in Europe since the 90's.
    Not really a continent at peace if you ask me.
    Comparing Europe pre-EU to post-EU even more so comparing EU members currently to them before the EU, it's all infinitely more peaceful.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    We should tell the USA to stop playing world police. Would make the world a much better place.
    Debatable. It's not whether the US should play world police or not, but rather what conflicts it focuses on and how that is an important question.

Just one of countless examples is the Pakistan-India conflict, where US diplomatic weight and threat of intervention kept the conflict mostly muted for half a century. That between two nuclear armed nations.

The US presence in Korea and Japan, allowed those nations to develop into mostly peaceful, prosperous nations.

NATO contained much of the ethnic tensions and geopolitical conflicts in Europe. If anything, the US should adopt a much more aggressive containment policy against Russia.

Again, there are many other examples to be had.

Tho there are also plenty of spectacular failures.

Iraq, Iran (over and over again), Afghanistan, Israel, the Arab Spring, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    And they should stop throwing money into other countries too.

As long as no one holds USA accountable for their warcrimes and illegal attacks the world is no good place. The drone terror alone is reason enough to boycott the USA completly.

Who watches the watchers? We need a second watchdog.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slirith View Post
    Get rid of religion for one. Too many religious groups butting their noses into scientific stuff.
    And speed up globalisation.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.