Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Darius Rucker.

Quote Originally Posted by dr2022 View Post
    Darius Rucker.
    Beat by 2 minutes...damn. Hootie and the Blowfish is like the epitome of this trope.

Edit: Example.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzin View Post
    I literally listened to this untill the 2 minute mark when i realized it was just an instrumental but still i enjoyed the sound...i would much rather like some words/stories/experiences thrown in there lol
    Well see there it is... you make your own story for it. You imagine what's going on and what the experiences therein are.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I dont know why but to me those are some dope ass songs and i would really like for you guys to suggest some more songs like that for me to check out.
    thanks
    Meet Metal.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post

Let country music fill that void. This song here is how a full grown man talks to a full grown woman.
    It's cute that you think that is country music.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    If you like The Chainsmokers then you're probably gonna love Calvin Harris. His new music is also something completely new, but I think you might enjoy his old stuff too.

My first thought was Jamiroquai

Mynabirds have the soul part you might be looking for

Last edited by Pipebomb; 2017-04-08 at 01:21 PM.
    Anti-War / Anti-CIA / Cynic / Unpopular Opinions

As a Native American I listen to all cultures of music. I encourage everyone to do the same.

What is "white" music?

What is "black" music?

Music has no colour.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dude, your culture has gone to rap?? Okay how about:

-Gallant
    -FKA Twigs
    -SZA
    -Nadia Rose (if you don't want traditional rap, why not this chick who does it over fucking trance beats and shit)
    -Young Fathers
    -ABRA (?!?!?)
    -Kelela
    -Hurray for the Riff Raf (She's Puerto Rican but it's probably what you're looking for)

You have so many black/poc artists that are miles better than the 'white' music you're searching for. Stop with that shitty sweeping generalization that our music has gone towards rap.

Search for the song never easy by Kurt nilsen

Quote Originally Posted by Staccato View Post
    Dude, your culture has gone to rap?? Okay how about:

-Gallant
    -FKA Twigs
    -SZA
    -Nadia Rose (if you don't want traditional rap, why not this chick who does it over fucking trance beats and shit)
    -Young Fathers
    -ABRA (?!?!?)
    -Kelela
    -Hurray for the Riff Raf (She's Puerto Rican but it's probably what you're looking for)

You have so many black/poc artists that are miles better than the 'white' music you're searching for. Stop with that shitty sweeping generalization that our music has gone towards rap.
    I know I'm old, because I have no idea who any of those you listed are.

Can I interest you in some ABBA or Dusty Springfield?

i really hate the idea that there should be separate cultures for blacks in america and that there is black and white music.

your culture is simply a part of american culture. it's not separate, it's a part of the whole. or at least it should be, but there's so many on the left that want to drive us apart with this stuff. now if you were an immigrant from africa, i could understand having some african culture(which has white people too).

i remember in highschool i was friends with a black girl that listened to nothing but screamo. that really shouldn't have been as exceptional as it was.

but anyway, i guess i don't really know any music like that. the closest i ever got to pop was a tokio hotel kick i had because i had a major crush on bill kaulitz.

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited by Ivanstone; 2017-04-08 at 01:36 PM.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So I am a black guy which obviously shouldnt matter but I would like to use that as a scope of reference. My black Culture has gone towards rap music that makes no sense and absolutely no more R&B music and love songs. But being in a vehicle (job related) with other cultures i have found 2 songs that I caught on the radio that i find to be super dope songs and they fill my R&B void that im feeling.

the songs are
    James Arthur: Say you wont let go
    The chainsmokers: Paris

I dont know why but to me those are some dope ass songs and i would really like for you guys to suggest some more songs like that for me to check out.
    thanks
    Nigga stop.

More recently...

- - - Updated - - -

I'll admit that I feel the same about more recent trends overall but I disagree with what you're using to fill the void.

Here's a white dude that came out with something not too long ago. Fucking love it.

That James Arthur song you mentioned sounds very similar to a few Sam Smith songs. "Stay With Me", "Lay Me Down", "I'm Not the Only One". Those songs won him a few Grammy Awards too if you're interested in those details.

The Chainsmoker's "Paris" is basically EDM music. As someone mentioned above Calvin Harris makes similar music. I'd also mention Avicii, he's made a few songs that have a similar sound to "Paris" including: "The Nights", "The Days" (at the end), "Wake Me Up", "Levels".

15+ Year Old Account
    I find Spotify is a good way to find new music OP. Right click a song you like and 'Go to Song Radio' and it'll play stuff similar to it. You can also find similar artists on artist pages.

How about instead of "black guy white music", "person needing good music". Not everything has to be about race. And if you can't find good music on your own, it's because you've only touched the surface of what's out there. Try looking outside your comfort zone on youtube.

These are gonna take the electronic/dancey beats of the songs you like and push them a little further, but hey, maybe you'll like it?

Arty - Glorious

Zedd - Beautiful Now

David Guetta - Shed a Light

Troye Sivan - Wild

So I am a black guy which obviously shouldnt matter but I would like to use that as a scope of reference. My black Culture has gone towards rap music that makes no sense and absolutely no more R&B music and love songs. But being in a vehicle (job related) with other cultures i have found 2 songs that I caught on the radio that i find to be super dope songs and they fill my R&B void that im feeling.

the songs are
    James Arthur: Say you wont let go
    The chainsmokers: Paris

thanks
    Are you American? I feel like this is something a black American person would say...

There are plenty of r and b songs by the way if you bother to look for them...and it's not as if all music by black people only falls into rap or r and b to begin with lol.

And what's "white" music?!