Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    No new races.

We will get sub-races for existing ones.

People have been asking for this for a long time.

aka dark iron dwarves, etc etc
    My issue with this, is do existing characters get a default one assigned? Do they a random one assigned or do we get to pick on launch like new players will be able to select them on character creation.

If we don't get to choose which one, then no thank you, I'd rather not have them as it'll just be a money making scheme to get more from existing players

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    My issue with this, is do existing characters get a default one assigned? Do they a random one assigned or do we get to pick on launch like new players will be able to select them on character creation.

If we don't get to choose which one, then no thank you, I'd rather not have them as it'll just be a money making scheme to get more from existing players
    Agreed, would be ridiculous for all existing chars to be the default subraces and you would have to pay if you wanted to choose a brown orc/dark iron dwarf. Free customization for every char over lvl 10 would be the best way to do it.

On that topic, do all the races even have enough lore to support subraces that are visually distinct enough?

Quote Originally Posted by CthulhuFhtagn View Post
    Agreed, would be ridiculous for all existing chars to be the default subraces and you would have to pay if you wanted to choose a brown orc/dark iron dwarf. Free customization for every char over lvl 10 would be the best way to do it.

On that topic, do all the races even have enough lore to support subraces that are visually distinct enough?
    A fair while back I think someone come up with a full list of sub races for every race and I think on it the fewest variants was blood elf.

Quote Originally Posted by Benomatic View Post
    As I said before:

Saurok could have and still could be easily added to the Horde. Prior to Vol'jins death or even after, Thrall and Vol'jin (or a Troll emissary) travelled to Pandaria to quell any remaining unrest caused by the Hordes presence. They try and begin peacekeeping expeditions to undo any damage cause by Garrosh. They begin negotiations with a tribe of Saurok, Thrall sensing a kinship and a sense of familiarity with their subjugation begins explaining the Orcs hardship with fel corruption and bloodlust, Vol'jin feeling a sense of guilt and responsibility due to the Zandalari and their association with the Mogu offers them a place in the Horde and to educate and bring them into the modern world.

They accept, thinking there is greater treasures to plunder. Acting almost as mercenaries. Their savage and tribal nature bolster the hordes image whilst also wanting to be accepted into a wider world.

I could see them as warriors, rogues, priests, druids, shaman and hunters.

- - - Updated - - -

As I put before
    Oh my lord, Scaley BEARS, Now I seriously need this.

In all seriousness, yeha, this could work, I will pray that at Blizzcon(I guess it's Blizzcon in about 7 months?) that they will indeed, introduce Saurok as a Horde race. As you already stated, make the Horde feel a bit Horde again, Savage and Tribal, and as you discribe the reason of how they joined up works perfectly. If we look at the other races that where introduced:

The fair Blood Elves joined the Horde, Elves joined the tribal savages? Aliens(Draenei) Crashs into Azeroth and join the Alliance. Worgen geting sorta of discursed and joins the Alliance, and Horde gets the greedy Goblins. Of all the added races, Goblins was the ones that people could imagen that would join the Horde, due to their earlier cooperation. All others sort of came out of nowhere, but not without reasons and lore of how they did it. And eventuelly we even got the Pandaren. Blizzard can pretty much throw in what ever they want and make it fit, and they will keep surprising me.

And I hope, I do really hope alot now, that they will indeed make the Saurok jon the Horde(Curse your great artwork Hearthstone!).

If now Horde would get the Saurok, what could the Alliance get? Arrakoa?

I read that there is a possibility of that Blizzard making ever race a Demon Hunter to help with the fight against the Legion. ♥

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OverFanNisseFrasse View Post
    Oh my lord, Scaley BEARS, Now I seriously need this.

If now Horde would get the Saurok, what could the Alliance get? Arrakoa?
    Saurok glyph? bear = direhorn, cat = raptor, flight = pterrodax.. could work

Vrykul could work for alliance due to the cooperation through legion. (or high elves)
    Last edited by Benomatic; 2017-04-09 at 08:15 AM.

If there's one thing blizzard loves to try and recreate, it's nostalgia - and what would be more nostalgic than introducing new variants of the most popular race additions in WoW history: Eredar and High Elves.

"But they're basically red Draenei and Blood Elves with blue eyes!!"

Stop insulting Blizzard dev intelligence. If they added Eredar for the Horde and High Elves for the Alliance, these two races would get slightly altered skeletons, new movement, casting, and attack animations, character customizations, culture, lore figures, racial architecture, hairstyles, mount options, racials, and class options. Not to mention entirely different motivations.

You'd have to be a total idiot to think blizzard would not make the above changes before giving them to the two factions.

10+ Year Old Account
    eredar, lul

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amunrasonther View Post
    If there's one thing blizzard loves to try and recreate, it's nostalgia - and what would be more nostalgic than introducing new variants of the most popular race additions in WoW history: Eredar and High Elves.

"But they're basically red Draenei and Blood Elves with blue eyes!!"

Stop insulting Blizzard dev intelligence. If they added Eredar for the Horde and High Elves for the Alliance, these two races would get slightly altered skeletons, new movement, casting, and attack animations, character customizations, culture, lore figures, racial architecture, hairstyles, mount options, racials, and class options. Not to mention entirely different motivations.

You'd have to be a total idiot to think blizzard would not make the above changes before giving them to the two factions.
    And someone trots out the old 'but they'll have new skeletons and animations and everything' solution. So you don't want to insult the devs intelligence, just the players.

How about, and bear with me here because this is a radical notion, they take all the effort and time you suggest they spend making High Elves ( a race physically identical to Blood Elves) stand and walk differently from Blood Elves (ditto Draenei/Eredar) and instead invest that time and effort on a brand new race without the controversy of adding a rehashed version of already existing races?

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    And someone trots out the old 'but they'll have new skeletons and animations and everything' solution. So you don't want to insult the devs intelligence, just the players.

How about, and bear with me here because this is a radical notion, they take all the effort and time you suggest they spend making High Elves ( a race physically identical to Blood Elves) stand and walk differently from Blood Elves (ditto Draenei/Eredar) and instead invest that time and effort on a brand new race without the controversy of adding a rehashed version of already existing races?
    The first part of my response addresses your "why would blizzard waste all that time making the races different," argument. Draenei and Blood Elves are the most popular and successful race additions in WoW, and bear with me, but the thought of playing High Elves for the Alliance and evil Draenei with a warlock option for the Horde, would be highly intriguing to past and present players.

I'll also add that my suggestions goes way beyond these new races walking differently.
    Last edited by Amunrasonther; 2017-04-08 at 05:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Benomatic View Post
    Saurok glyph? bear = direhorn, cat = raptor, flight = pterrodax.. could work

Vrykul could work for alliance due to the cooperation through legion. (or high elves)
    They don't have wolf, it's cat x) unless I have missed something recently in wow? But I do love the idea of Direhorn, Raptor and Pterrordax.

Vrykul could work, finnaly HUGE BEARDS, although I think or would hope Blizzard would go a step future to make something more unique for the Alliance, since Vrykul is sort of just a larger version of human. The latest races have often been something that already doesn't exists as a playable race, sort of. Draenei was something totally new, so was Worgen, Goblin and Pandaren. Belves are "sort" of-ish Nelves. But still diffrent enough to make their own stuff when they were added.

And I do hope that they don't add Helves for the Alliance, not that I care or mind that much, but I feel then that the Alliance would sorta lose on it(unless you are an roleplayer then your dreams come true I guess, but roleplayers are a small group soo..). Since it's just a reskinned version of a belves, now available for Alliance players, that does already exists on the Horde side. I would rather hade something competely new and different as for a race for the Alliance. Like Vrykul, Arakkoa, Naga or even Ogres, or something completely new and diffrent but could work and fit in with the core idea of the Alliance. Pretty much of what we talking about Saurok for the Horde. What could be a fitting race for the Alliance then? Perhaps Jinyu? I ain't sure really. (And please no, I don't want Hozen for the Horde~)

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    People are fooling themselves if they are going to be Alliance though, This is going to sound petty, But Ion will pretty much say whatever he thinks will get the best reaction.

It will just be blood elves with a eye slider, If anything.
    Lmao, you think Ion was speaking out his ass? I doubt it, blizzard probably gets an obscene amount of requests for playable subraces(especially high elves id imagine since Ion specifcally brought them up). Whether it horde or alliance, people want to play High elves. If they join horde then that means the blood elves forgive them and let them back into silvermoon.

They should add sub-races and more cosmetic changes.

Quote Originally Posted by OverFanNisseFrasse View Post
    https://i.ytimg.com/vi/MsMouAcxJTk/maxresdefault.jpg
    Not a great example since I got no clue how they really look like underneth, but I will just assume something or sorta like Algalon.

Less invisible thanks to they glowing energy effect inside of the bandages, transparent-ish then? Still, I wouldn't want such playable race within the game, due to soley of they do not show more then that, they are just that, energy. I feel it would be a cheap attempt of a new playable race, they could even then take an already exsiting model(humans for example or night elves), remove the skinmapping around the head(Hands and arms also), change the animation to make it feel "new", add some particle effects around the head and the hands, and they are pretty much done. I want something consistency, some actully mass, flesh or metal, a face, something underneth that armor and not just floating energy. Adding ethereals would be sort of a slap into the player community in my opinion.

Unless they can actully make them feel more alive and more fully. Goldenyak have made some good examples of this with an Ethereal race concept art, so thats an way to do it I guess, but still, I rather want something that is something, and not floating energy, or floating energy within the armor. Since even when I play the "armor" of said race within World of Warcraft, i still feel more of an mass and a actully character.
    http://goldenyak-wowfan.tumblr.com/
    Not every playable race needs to be desirable by everyone. I mean, I think gnomes and goblins are dumb as shit and would never play one. Just because I don't like them doesnt mean others will feel the same. And the fact that the Ethereals are so different is what makes them great. I haven't seen any mmo with a playable race made of pure energy. They have many options to make the customization of Ethereals stand out.

Last edited by Tripzzz; 2017-04-08 at 06:06 PM.

How many people are really playing Pandaren? Goblins? Worgens? We don't need new races.. Most people won't play them anyway

7+ Year Old Account
    The first part of my response addresses your "why would blizzard waste all that time making the races different," argument. Draenei and Blood Elves are the most popular and successful race additions in WoW, and bear with me, but the thought of playing High Elves for the Alliance and evil Draenei with a warlock option for the Horde, would be highly intriguing to past and present players.

I'll also add that my suggestions goes way beyond these new races walking differently.
    draeneis are not that popular and successful

also, make those changes are out of reality, like, why make so many changes to force they look different, when they are the same thing?

why the hell a horde player want to be a evil draenei, screw with then rofl ( they are demons btw, they would never fit the horde)

no need to reuse something we already have, new race is exactly this, NEW, i dot wanna something other faction already have, but with shenanigans

I'd like a few potential combos, honestly:
    1) Arakkoa for the Alliance, Ogres for the Horde
    2) Naga for the Alliance, Vrykul for the Horde
    3) Blue Dragonkin for the Alliance, Naga for the Horde
    -I'd like to expand on this one a bit. I'm thinking those hulking, bipedal dragon-men guarding the shrines and other areas of importance to the Dragon Flights. Obviously they'd need to be shrunk a bit for a playable race, but I'd make it like the Worgen where they take their Dragon form in combat, but out of combat they can assume a High Elf form.
    4) Sub-races

Quote Originally Posted by Tripzzz View Post
    Not every playable race needs to be desirable by everyone. I mean, I think gnomes and goblins are dumb as shit and would never play one. Just because I don't like them doesnt mean others will feel the same. And the fact that the Ethereals are so different is what makes them great. I haven't seen any mmo with a playable race made of pure energy. They have many options to make the customization of Ethereals stand out.
    I can respect that, and I don't say that Ethereals arn't dumb as shit, else forgive me if it sounded like that, it was not my intention. They are really cool, and as Hearthstone always shows of, is that races and creatures from the WoW could look really awesome, specially the first Ethereal there, wicked look the dude got.

But I can't really imagen to play as a Ethereals, they are cool as npcs, villains and so on, and I can't see the players get the luxuery of playing one. Also that I don't really mind or care since as I said before I need some "meat" on them. Myself would love to play as a Nerubian, but I know for a fact that they will never ever be a playable race, for the same reason Ethereals got I think. The Nerbuians are cool as npcs, villains and so on, but will most likely, or most definitely never become a playable race. Heck, I even think that Ethereals got a better chance to become a playable race then Nerubians by far then. Also I believe that some people wouldn't even dare to play as a Nerubian, since 90% of the internet seems to be terrified of spiders(And I love spiders). xP

But I do respect your opinion and understand that you would love to play as one, they are a very unique concept of a race that I believe no other games ever have done before? I think stellaris got something, but then we have to remeber that Ethereals was establish since Burning Crusader, or 15 January 2007(10 years ago!) I seriously can't think of any game out there with energy beings. Ethereals have been in the game for over 10 years, and although we havn't hade that much interaction with them, just look at Worgen, they where small set of NPCs in Silverpine forest that we barely did anything with for two expansion and suddenly we got them as a race. So Ethereals got a better chance compared to many other races, but I do hope they won't be a playable race. Or that Alliance could get Ethereals and Horde could get Saurok, then I am more okey with it~

10+ Year Old Account
    I think every possible race that players can dream of is worthy of discussion and figuring out how they could be brought into the game.

With the clear exception of races that are already in the game. Sorry, but just because the race you really want to play is on a faction you dislike doesn't mean you've been cheated. It is your choice not to play that race on that faction, nobody elses.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tripzzz View Post

Tripzzz you've almost sold me. They'd be amazing if they looked anything like that.

Only drawback I can think of is that the Ethereals have replaced the Goblins as the go to 'neutral' ever since a large Goblin cartel saw the light and joined the Horde. Blizzard may not be keen to have to think of yet another replacement for the Ethereals.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, Blood Elves almost single handedly corrected the population imbalance between the factions. The lessons from WoW and FF14 are therefore clear for any future multi-faction MMOs. Make sure one faction has the elves, and the other faction has the super kawaii neko boys and girls. Faction balance achieved.

Now why would they go and mess with that balance by handing the Horde's most popular race to the Alliance? I still haven't heard a satisfactory answer to that over the past five years.

They run differently too then?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    How many people are really playing Pandaren? Goblins? Worgens? We don't need new races.. Most people won't play them anyway
    I see them everywhere ingame so ppl play them...