Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffter View Post
    I don't doubt that having attractive females is a big factor in how many people will play a race, but I definitely think you can make a race appealing in other ways. They can also just make up totally new races any time they want.
    If they make more customization options, maybe.
    A completely new race could be a thing. I think Draenei were like that. But where would they come from, space again?

10+ Year Old Account
    Trolls and Goblins have absolutely beautiful females...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    You're looking at the percentages of male and female characters and assuming that those that hold a higher percentage of female characters are played more, and therefore more successful. This doesn't take into consideration the percentage each race is played overall, however. As far as I can tell from any source a quick Google search provided me, orcs, tauren, and undead are played as much or more so than draenei, which would contradict your theory.

That's not to say there isn't a correlation between how many people play a race and how aesthetically pleasing the race is, of course.
    Is that those three combined, or individually?
    A simple change that can improve the female worgen:
    http://tinypic.com/r/1zq7p0g/7

Deleted
    You're looking at the percentages of male and female characters and assuming that those that hold a higher percentage of female characters are played more, and therefore more successful. This doesn't take into consideration the percentage each race is played overall, however. As far as I can tell from any source a quick Google search provided me, orcs, tauren, and undead are played as much or more so than draenei, which would contradict your theory.

That's not to say there isn't a correlation between how many people play a race and how aesthetically pleasing the race is, of course.
    No, I picked only Female gender and only level 110 (to exclude bank characters). You can see on picture and try it by yourself here: https://realmpop.com/us.html
    Last edited by mmoc09d949bcd0; 2017-04-08 at 06:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakshata View Post
    Is that those three combined, or individually?
    Individually.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrxz View Post
    No, I picked only Female gender and only level 110 (to exclude bank characters). You can see on picture and try it by yourself here: https://realmpop.com/us.html
    That's my point. Strictly looking at the number of female characters of a race does not give an accurate depiction of the "success" of the race as a whole.

What is it with peoples' obsession with 'most popular' races, and anything that isn't is comparatively not worth any time despite plenty of people actually playing them?

Also why is that the general argument AGAINST more races?

I, uh, don't think that makes them not a success.

Quit playing for the foreseeable future.

Deleted
    Individually.

That's my point. Strictly looking at the number of female characters of a race does not give an accurate depiction of the "success" of the race as a whole.
    Ah I see what you mean. But we are still comparing female gender only. It doesn't matter if male from the same race is played more or if it's played less than female part. The overall male/female ratio is 60% male 40% female. Ideally it would be 50/50 and all races equally popular.
    Last edited by mmoc09d949bcd0; 2017-04-08 at 06:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Individually.

Looking at that realm pop data, you are correct, there are indeed mroe orcs, taurnen, and undead than Draenei... .3-1.2%. Which is significant enough to break the first theory.
    Of course, the theory at its base isn't entirely wrong. For instance, the races with the lowest percentages, worgen, dwarves, gnomes, Goblins, and Pandaren (both factions) have women that fall outside modern definitions of beauty, while the ones that do (blood elves, humans, and night elves) have the largest.
    Correlation != causation, but there is a pattern worth investigating.

Deleted
    Looking at that realm pop data, you are correct, there are indeed mroe orcs, taurnen, and undead than Draenei... .3-1.2%. Which is significant enough to break the first theory.
    Of course, the theory at its base isn't entirely wrong. For instance, the races with the lowest percentages, worgen, dwarves, gnomes, Goblins, and Pandaren (both factions) have women that fall outside modern definitions of beauty, while the ones that do (blood elves, humans, and night elves) have the largest.
    I'm sorry but for level 110 on US servers:
    Orc female = 53200
    Tauren female = 32000
    Undead female = 40800
    Draenei female = 125000

Can you explain where you see more orcs, taurens, undead females than Draeneis?
    Last edited by mmoc09d949bcd0; 2017-04-08 at 07:01 PM.

Ah I see what you mean. But we are still comparing female gender only. It doesn't matter if male from the same race is played more or if it's played less than female part. The overall male/female ratio is 60% male 40% female.
    Your OP implies that the overall success of a race is dependent on its female population.
    I know not everyone is going to agree with my theory of successful race, but in my theory, the only successful races so far were races which have attractive looking females.
    Semantics aside, I agree that there's an obvious correlation between the number of played female characters and whether they're considered attractive.

I'll have you know that all goblins and gnomes are beautiful and deserve more attention.

I'm sorry but:
    Orc female = 53200
    Tauren female = 32000
    Undead female = 40800
    Draenei female = 125000

Can you explain where you see more orcs, taurens, undead females than Draeneis?
    They're responding to my post, in which I was referring to both male and female.

Deleted
    Your OP implies that the overall success of a race is dependent on its female population.

Semantics aside, I agree that there's an obvious correlation between the number of played female characters and whether they're considered attractive.

I'll have you know that all goblins and gnomes are beautiful and deserve more attention.

They're responding to my post, in which I was referring to both male and female.
    Well yes I said that it's important, but I didn't claim it's the only reason for successful race. It's just one criterion.

This thread needs a lot more pictures. I am disappoint.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

We have a holy Nathrezim (Lothraxion) and he is f.king amazing btw, so we could have holy sayaad or smt like that too I guess?
    I really want to see more holy "demon" races.

Quote Originally Posted by PewPewGG View Post
    We have a holy Nathrezim (Lothraxion) and he is f.king amazing btw, so we could have holy sayaad or smt like that too I guess?
    I really want to see more holy "demon" races.
    Not pretty enough. No one would ever play them.

Quit playing for the foreseeable future.

I don't think that this poll is fair, because in this expansion we received exclusive hero class that is available for just two races. So it obviously boosted the number of elves.

I wouldn't also say that just because elves are more popular it means that others are ugly. Quite the opposite, new Character model gave a lot of justice to many females, like dwarf, troll, tauren, orc.

But admiteddly they need more customisation options, specially tauren. Trolls also could get some.

They all look great in their own right. And tbh I was never fan of humans (too default), and I don't like characters with glowing eyes.

And well I think my warrior looks stunning ^^ :

http://i.imgur.com/dUZoanz.jpg
    Last edited by Ramz; 2017-04-08 at 07:22 PM.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LoLcano View Post
    Can goblins/gnome engineer gather up and make "android" a race in WoW just like nier automata so we can have real waifu in wow too ?
    I think you have the wrong board, we don't do Waifu's in WoW.
    Horde always.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    I don't think that this poll is fair, because in this xpansion we received exclusive hero class that is available for just two races. So it obviously boosted the number of elves.

I wouldn't also say that just because elves are more popular it means that others are ugly. Quite the opposite new Character model gave a lot of justice to many females, like dwarf, troll, tauren, orc.

They all look great in their own right. And tbh I was never fan of humans (too default), and I don't like characters with glowing eyes.

And well I think my warrior looks stunning ^^ :

http://i.imgur.com/dUZoanz.jpg
    You can check percentage ratio for level 60-97. Same result

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cwowtbang View Post
    I think you have the wrong board, we don't do Waifu's in WoW.
    Ahem, but are you forgetting the wonder that is Chromie?

Quote Originally Posted by Triceratrozer View Post
    Not pretty enough. No one would ever play them.
    No one you say, but many people play as Draenei

Female Nathrezim could be very good looking.

Deleted
    Why would you look ugly?

Playing a game is distancing yourself from reality(not that im saying you are ugly). Eventually you want everything to be ideal, including appreance.

That is also why belfs are so popular and gnomes are so much less popular.

There is also this rumor going on:

If you have low confidence, you go with something pretty, where if you are avg. or more confident type, you can pull off a gnome or dwarf. All this is not because of appreance, but that you dare to stand out proud(eventually telling the world CBA).
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2017-04-08 at 07:25 PM.