Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    As a Scotsman, I an defo not happy at all. Maybe if our parliament would actually discuss running the country instead of "MAH INDEPENDENCE!", then shit would be better. Sooner Westminster takes back full control of Scotland the better.
    You say you're a Scotsman, but are you a true Scotsman?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post
    Also, Kalis, fuck you man. We aint all ginger. Robert Pires was a diving bastard, having him as your avatar shows a poor moral grounding.
    How very dare you!

Le Bob is a footballing god.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Does Canada intent to join the EU?
    It's funny because for all the talk that Obama and Trudeau had about things like stopping Bexit, those two countries would never stay inside an organization like the EU themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    As a Canadian, I like this idea.
    Is the average life expectancy too high in Canada, or something?

Scotland belongs to the Nords.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post
    Never going to happen. This is the first that I have heard anyone talking about it. There is no demand in Scotland for this.

Also, Kalis, fuck you man. We aint all ginger. Robert Pires was a diving bastard, having him as your avatar shows a poor moral grounding.
    There is a demand to finally be free of being ruled by the folks in London. This option allows the Scottish people a chance to land on their feet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    There is a demand to finally be free of being ruled by the folks in London. This option allows the Scottish people a chance to land on their feet.
    Or perhaps it will free the English from the Scots, we have already had 2 Scottish prime ministers during the last decade alone.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheatreStyle View Post
    You say you're a Scotsman, but are you a true Scotsman?
    ofcourse I am. I don't wear anything under the kilt. I hate the rest of the formal dress though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    I'd happily join the Nordic crew.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Isn't the Commonwealth still a thing? Jamaica, Canada, Scotland, etc.
    Yes AFAIK.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    Aye but then we can call her Queen Elizabeth I, rather than current incorrect name she goes by.

- - - Updated - - -

Well Shetland and Orkney should, mainland not so much.

- - - Updated - - -

Well wee Liz Windsor is half Scottish and I'd recon it's a few decades before she pops her clogs. You don't get rid of us that easy.
    Dear Lillibeth turns 91 in april; "a few decades" is a bit much to ask of the most high most mighty most excellent lady. And Scotland would not give her title a number unless a second Elizabeth pops into existence, which is likely not to happen for more decades.
    I wonder how coronation is handled then ? Charles will have to move his kingly ass and sit on the Stone of Scone then instead of Scots come to London ? Do they have a crown in Scotland somewhere in a chest still ?

15+ Year Old Account
    Why don't we all team up? Canada, Scotland and Scandinavia have the same climates and pretty similar cultures

Separate currencies, with a trade agreement, simplified immigration processes between us, sharing of government databases (police, tax, intelligence, etc), a military pact.

Now we just need a super awesome name for it
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Obviously not. We don't need to. We're a North American country.
    Thats okay, we take countries, who are part Europe, part other continent
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Considering 97 to 2010 the country was run by Scotts and Cameron is essentially half scottish. Plus Scotland gets to vote for Westminster MPs they get as much a chance to land on their feet as anyone else in the UK.

If they start bitching about how "We never vote Tories and they're in power over us." that's because it's the UK, Scotland isn't some super speccle place that needs to have vetoes. It has a population less than London and other English regions. Many of which vote almost exclusively Labour/Lib dem (well until last election) should these areas start crying about how hard done by their are and start pushing independence?

- - - Updated - - -

Her mother lived to over 100 years old so another few decades doesn't seem unreasonable.

And she isn't the second queen Elizabeth of the United Kingdom, she is the first.
    She's 10 maybe 15 years tops. But because of her age she could drop dead at any moment. Remember he dad died young and Windsor family doesn't have a super long life expectancy.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post

She's 10 maybe 15 years tops. But because of her age she could drop dead at any moment. Remember he dad died young and Windsor family doesn't have a super long life expectancy.
    Prince Philip turns 96 in june, nothing indicated he would have been so close to 100.

- - - Updated - - -

Her Scottish mother brought some new genes to a long line of in breeding. Saying that isn't Liz and Phil related through queen Victoria?
    yup, the are cousins on multiple lines. https://www.thoughtco.com/queen-eliz...philip-3530296

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Now we just need a super awesome name for it
    Ebonheart Pact.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Her Scottish mother brought some new genes to a long line of in breeding. Saying that isn't Liz and Phil related through queen Victoria?
    Yes but the relationship is distant enough that in reality while we may laugh at it being somewhat related. In many small towns and villages throughout human history that kind of distance between married couples wouldn't have been uncommon for the average person.

Deleted
    I question what planet you're on? Besides we have no evidence the majority of Scotland wants to leave the UK

15+ Year Old Account
    Ebonheart Pact.
    Who are the lizard people then? The frogs of Quebec?
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ebonheart Pact.
    We can have a sweet crest too

Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    We can have a sweet crest too

[IMG]http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/elderscrolls/images/d/d7/Online_ebonheart_crest.png/revision/latest?cb=20121121132844[IMG]
    Needs more Unicorns