Bloodsail Admiral dicertification's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kyriacosvlachos View Post
    I think you just need to update your simulationcraft to one of the recent nightly builds since previous versions don't use the shoulders.
    The simc (nightly) was downloaded just before running the Sims about an hour before I made the post.

Quote Originally Posted by dicertification View Post
    The simc (nightly) was downloaded just before running the Sims about an hour before I made the post.

Ok, that's weird then. For some reason mine seems to factor in the shoulders into my simulations.

For me, Bracers+Ring<Ring+Shoulders<Bracers+Shoulders with 4pc and 3 fate's thirst relics.

After getting the new traits whats the optimal route after getting fates thirst? should i go fortunes boon, black powder or fatebringer?

im currently using 3 RT relics
    Last edited by greetingsfam; 2017-04-08 at 10:19 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral dicertification's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kyriacosvlachos View Post
    Ok, that's weird then. For some reason mine seems to factor in the shoulders into my simulations.

For me, Bracers+Ring<Ring+Shoulders<Bracers+Shoulders with 4pc and 3 fate's thirst relics.
    Ring and shoulders still simming higher for me. Than Shoulder and bracers. Going to spend some more time on this later today. See if I can't figure out why. I have 42 traits, 4 pc, 900 equippied ilvl, 2 fates thirst and a fortune strike relic

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by greetingsfam View Post
    After getting the new traits whats the optimal route after getting fates thirst? should i go fortunes boon, black powder or fatebringer?

im currently using 3 RT relics
    Bottom of page 15 has recommended path after 35 traits in outlaw

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...xQKvU/preview#

Quote Originally Posted by dicertification View Post
    Ring and shoulders still simming higher for me. Than Shoulder and bracers. Going to spend some more time on this later today. See if I can't figure out why. I have 42 traits, 4 pc, 900 equippied ilvl, 2 fates thirst and a fortune strike relic
    What boss fight are you using? Is Num Enemies set higher than 1? Only other reason I can think of is that you have a lot of haste/crit so your saber slash damage is higher than your run through damage.

Hey, guys.
    Is there a 'Pimp my character' type of threads or discord channels?
    I'm a noob Outlaw 874.5 ilvl trying to get into higher Mythic+ and maybe start raiding on Heroic (don't really considering Normal cause from what I've heard it's like WoD LFR difficulty).
    Last edited by GenriX; 2017-04-10 at 09:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GenriX View Post
    Hey, guys.
    Is there a 'Pimp my character' type of threads or discord channels?
    I'm a noob Outlaw 774.5 ilvl trying to get into higher Mythic+ and maybe start raiding on Heroic (don't really considering Normal cause from what I've heard it's like WoD LFR difficulty).
    With ilvl of 774.5(5) ( is the 5 in period though, because if it's more towards a 6 ...) ... you will stay raiding WoD LFR

[QUOTE=dicertification;45304449]Ring and shoulders still simming higher for me. Than Shoulder and bracers. Going to spend some more time on this later today. See if I can't figure out why. I have 42 traits, 4 pc, 900 equippied ilvl, 2 fates thirst and a fortune strike relic

- - - Updated - - -

this is probably because you don't have quick draw, that is what makes the wrists stand out for single target

i get a 2% increase in single target with greenskins/mantle versus ring/mantle, but i prefer the ring/mantle
    Last edited by testing123; 2017-04-10 at 03:29 PM.

I want to put my 2cp in on what I believe RtB should be, based on my belief of what they wanted for RtB:

Vision:
    Outlaw rogues would roll the bones and RNGesus would decide what came forward, this would cause you to modify your rotation and play style to account for your rolls, resulting in various degrees of more dps, more survivability, etc.

Proposal:
    It was always weird to me that I would throw out 6 dice and sometimes only 1 of them would be a buff, but other times I could throw out 6 dice and get 6 buffs. It was like most of the time dice would roll off the table, so to speak, and not be counted. I think that the change should be we roll 6, 6 sided dice. This would result in you getting 6 buffs every roll, but the changes being that the buffs stack. So, I could RtB and end up with 3x SIW, 2x Buried Treasure, and 1x Broadsides.

Buff Values:
    Shark Infested Waters - 8% Crit Chance
    Broadsides - 33% chance for 1 combo point (stacks go 100% for 1 at 3 stacks, 100% for 1 and 33% for 2 at 4 stacks, etc.)
    Grand Melee - 15% Attack Speed and 8% Leech
    Jolly Roger - 8% Additional SS chance
    True Bearing - .33s CD Reduction
    Buried Treasure - 8% Energy Regeneration

This would make the above scenario give 24% crit, 16% energy regen, 33% chance for 1 combo point. This would make the peaks and valleys much more consistent and you feel like you are going with the gods, rather than feeling jipped a lot of the times. This all stems from if I roll 6, 6-sided dice, then I will never roll a 1. The roll would look like the following: 1, 4, 5, 2, 1, 1.

I firmly believe that fixes Outlaw, and you could tweak the individual numbers.
    Last edited by nutspanther; 2017-04-10 at 08:17 PM. Reason: My post disappeared so I had to repost.

I switched to Assassination just before 7.2 and am currently using that for raid. I had the Bracers rings, and shoulders on Outlaw...but it still wasn't cutting it. However, I do plan to use Outlaw for all M+ and entirely focus on AOE. I was looking at the trait priority list that Greyhound pulled together over at
    http://roguedpsguide.com/7-2-artifac...trait-changes/ - Great resource FYI.

At 1st glance priority 1-7 seem like they are probably the best order for ST and AOE...but has anyone looked at the Outlaw traits from a pure AOE standpoint? Like Blade Dancer(BF energy reduction)??

Cap
    Last edited by Capita1ist; 2017-04-10 at 09:01 PM.

Deleted
    What's the correct usage of Bracers+Ring with 4p? I got 2x RT relics and one energy reduction.

Do I use BtE with regular free pistol shot procs, or only Blunderbuss, during burst phase?

Additionally, is mantle+bracers still BiS, or how's that?

Deleted
    Ohh man, no one believed me 1 month ago that the new outlaw trait will rock

just look at all that mythic logs for nighthold, outlaw pumped away assa, even on fights like star auger,gul dan, elisande by a good amount. This also comes from the absurdly bad new assa traits

Its possible to pull these numbers without the bracer? I got the shoulders so far and the belt.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Enterich View Post
    Ohh man, no one believed me 1 month ago that the new outlaw trait will rock

just look at all that mythic logs for nighthold, outlaw pumped away assa, even on fights like star auger,gul dan, elisande by a good amount. This also comes from the absurdly bad new assa traits

Its possible to pull these numbers without the bracer? I got the shoulders so far and the belt.
    Sure is, done it myself.

These are my logs for 7.2, with the Augur kill being *with* the new golden trait: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...1293196/latest

Augur log would've been legendary too, if not because there's only like 50 Outlaw parses for Augur, and nr. did 1,1m dps, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by athanasios View Post
    Sure is, done it myself.

These are my logs for 7.2, with the Augur kill being *with* the new golden trait: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...1293196/latest

Augur log would've been legendary too, if not because there's only like 50 Outlaw parses for Augur, and nr. did 1,1m dps, haha.
    Quite nice. I have been grousing around for a comprehensive combat guide since I want to make the switch (bored of Sin), are there any you recommend?

It's a lucky log though, almost 90% TB uptime is not guaranteed even with the gold trait. Outlaw is better but still not great only way to keep up with a good Sin is with good TB uptime and lucky frond procs.

Deleted
    definitly going with outlaw loot spec, since i already got bracer,boots,shoulder for sin.
    I hope they fix the energy overcaping from adrenaline rush, its fcking anoying. If theyr nerfing TB and making it partly baseline...... welcome back outlaw

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zabatakis View Post
    Quite nice. I have been grousing around for a comprehensive combat guide since I want to make the switch (bored of Sin), are there any you recommend?
    No, there are no good comprehensive Outlaw guides I'm afraid. You're gonna have to piece it together from the things we have (Stjern's, Icy-veins) and then a lot of trial and error :P

Quote Originally Posted by Dieselol View Post
    It's a lucky log though, almost 90% TB uptime is not guaranteed even with the gold trait. Outlaw is better but still not great only way to keep up with a good Sin is with good TB uptime and lucky frond procs.
    I keep up with my guild's Assa rogues (whom you can find in the logs) on most ST tries, Assa has a good amount of RNG in their damage too. Outlaw is fine right now.

Deleted
    No, there are no good comprehensive Outlaw guides I'm afraid. You're gonna have to piece it together from the things we have (Stjern's, Icy-veins) and then a lot of trial and error :P

I keep up with my guild's Assa rogues (whom you can find in the logs) on most ST tries, Assa has a good amount of RNG in their damage too. Outlaw is fine right now.

The spec will sometimes give you the illusion that it is fine. If you get lucky enough. And if you kill the bosses many times eventually you will get lucky and get good rolls for each fight and end up getting a good parse. But its usually a few bosses per raid. But I saw a Krosus fight where you rolled 6 buffs twice and beat assa rogues that didn't parse all that well by 80k dps. And the best Outlaw parses always have 6 buff rolls, some even 3 in a single fight. Sure you can compete with assassination like that but not consistently.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Runningman View Post
    The spec will sometimes give you the illusion that it is fine. If you get lucky enough. And if you kill the bosses many times eventually you will get lucky and get good rolls for each fight and end up getting a good parse. But its usually a few bosses per raid. But I saw a Krosus fight where you rolled 6 buffs twice and beat assa rogues that didn't parse all that well by 80k dps. And the best Outlaw parses always have 6 buff rolls, some even 3 in a single fight. Sure you can compete with assassination like that but not consistently.
    Pretty sure that specific fight was pre 7.2, right? That's a slightly different beast - The spec is definitely better this patch than it was last patch.

Also, just so we're on the same page; I'm NOT saying "Otl > assa" now on ST - never. I'm just saying the spec is fine now, because previously it sure as hell wasn't.
    Outlaw is fine. Assa is great. But in previous patch, Outlaw was garbage.

Pretty sure that specific fight was pre 7.2, right? That's a slightly different beast - The spec is definitely better this patch than it was last patch.

Also, just so we're on the same page; I'm NOT saying "Otl > assa" now on ST - never. I'm just saying the spec is fine now, because previously it sure as hell wasn't.
    Outlaw is fine. Assa is great. But in previous patch, Outlaw was garbage.
    Are you following TB/3+ Do you ever keep 2? If so, in what situations?