Poll: Do you miss Warlords of Draenor?

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I miss MoP. Because WoD made me quit and MoP was my opus =(

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hell no. I won't ever miss that shit.
    -=From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me. I craved the strength and certainty of steel. I aspired to the purity of the blessed machine. Your kind claimed your flesh as if it will not decay and fail you. One day the crude biomass that you call a temple will wither, and you will beg my kind to save you... But I am already saved..... For the machine is immortal=-

I don't, but I know people who do, mainly raiders who are interested in raiding only, they kinda liked doing nothing, but raiding. They're fine w/ having garrison mission table as their sole non-raiding activity in this game.
    Last edited by ls-; 2017-04-09 at 04:53 AM.

No one in their right mind would ever miss WoD over what legion offered SO FAR. Legion vastly surpassed it already and we've still got Tomb of Sargeras and Argus to look forward to.

So no, trolls and shitposters might state it, but it's most certainly in jest.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    No one in their right mind would ever miss WoD over what legion offered SO FAR. Legion vastly surpassed it already and we've still got Tomb of Sargeras and Argus to look forward to.

So no, trolls and shitposters might state it, but it's most certainly in jest.
    I like WoD more than Legion. I'm not joking. I'm not trolling. I'm not saying it "in jest." For the reasons I enjoy this game, WoD is, in every shape and form, more enjoyable for me than Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    lol Legion 7.2 allready has more things to do than whole WoD. And we have only seen the first tier. Two more to come.

WoD was shit. Nope thanks, never again.
    Basically this.

WoD was outright garbage. Don't miss it at all.

I know people are gonna say "but people say this about every expac omg". Sure, but not for WoD. Objectively it was horrible.

@otaXephon Because sitting in your garrison and doing professions without ever having to leave was a good thing right? The fact anyone could do any profession anytime they wanted was good right? And farming Apexis which was one of the most hated types of farming (yes, it is way different than nethershards. Plus there's multiple ways to farm nethershards.) was good right?!! Stepping foot into a dungeon once and never ever going back was good right?!! Don't you just love it when there's 7 or 8 dungeons in the game and we never step foot in any of them more than once or twice? They could've removed the dungeons in WoD after the first month and it wouldn't have made a difference.

The entirely of WoD was basically one patch: 6.2. That's the only patch that offered a tiny bit of content to do and it was the only thing to do for 14-15 months.

For the sake of this discussion, I won't even talk about the embarrassment that 6.1 brought to the game. Added literally nothing except for a new toy called the selfie camera. Because that right there is loads of content to do right? It was an embarrassment.

Legion brings a ton more content (even if some of it is still gated, there's still a ton to do). It also brings more ways to socialize with players (mythic+, legion assaults being a 3 man scenario). It brings a ton more things to the game than the entirely of WoD and legion isn't even over yet.

Could even make a list comparing the content Legion had when it launched and what's been added to it since through patch 7.1/7.2. And then compare that to WoD when it launched and what was added in 6.1/6.2. It's laughable.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2017-04-09 at 05:09 AM.

Deleted
    Legion has its flaws, but WoD was awfull.
    Its close to infinite things to do vs close to nothing to do.

Deleted
    LoL people are crazy.

I enjoyed WoD, probably because I only returned to WoW for the last 6 months of it so I didn't get a chance to burn out on it like some of you. I still use my garrison for banking and AH business, and I enjoyed leveling an alt through it (ever-so-briefly) a couple weeks ago. I think WoD would be remembered more fondly by more players if they had played it as current content for 6 months instead of however long it lasted.

- - - Updated - - -

And no, I don't really miss it. Legion is much better overall, imho.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

As shitty as wod was, I actually had proper time for alts (without knowing I'm making a big sacrifice), running old raids for transmog/mounts, pvp. Granted all of these are kind of second rate activities but there was breathing room. In Legion if anyone asked me to do any of these things or even something normal that didn't quite fit what I knew I needed to be doing I'd tell them to take a hike.

WoD was good in a memey way because the instanced pve and zones were so good they carried the shitty story, game development, and theme. In Legion it's trying to convey a darker theme which is cool but everything is just so drab and the story still feels like it's pulling punches. The only areas of content that aren't utterly forgettable are valsharah and suramar city. The rest is a boring mud fest. But at least there is shit to do. Kind of.

Would've been interesting to have seen a Draenor expansion where the team had actually applied themselves.

Not at all. Some of the visuals of the zones and I guess maybe even the raids were nice but overall it was a gigantic disappointment of an expansion.

Yes I miss it a lot, for many reasons

1) I like raiding, and only raiding In wod I had literally no obligation to log, I would log in raid, log off and be done with it;

2) I could play other games while I played wow, now I barely have time to keep my relevancy in the game let alone play others, its gotten better in 7.2 but still nowhere near what was in wod.

3)Its 7.2 and we have yet to see heirlooms, this basically ,makes the first 4 levels of leveling pure cancer, specially if you skipped draenor using pots.

4)I never though Id see a less alt friendly expansion than WOD was, but Legion definitely takes the cake, having an alt is an extreme waste of resources and keeping him remotely relevant is even harder, let alone have more than one.

5)At least for hunters class design was far more superior in wod than it is in Legion.

Wod was hands down the best exapansion for raiders.

Cast my vote for no if i do miss warlords of garrisons. Content was rushed and so much stuff was cut from it.

Nope. Still missing MoP, however.

Only in the sense that its slightly less horrible than Legion.

Legion and WoD are more or less tied in a race of what's worst.

There are a couple of things Legion does better than WoD, but the reverse is true as well. For example, WoD was MILES better for PVP.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Basically this.

WoD was outright garbage. Don't miss it at all.

I know people are gonna say "but people say this about every expac omg". Sure, but not for WoD. Objectively it was horrible.

@otaXephon Because sitting in your garrison and doing professions without ever having to leave was a good thing right? The fact anyone could do any profession anytime they wanted was good right? And farming Apexis which was one of the most hated types of farming (yes, it is way different than nethershards. Plus there's multiple ways to farm nethershards.) was good right?!! Stepping foot into a dungeon once and never ever going back was good right?!! Don't you just love it when there's 7 or 8 dungeons in the game and we never step foot in any of them more than once or twice? They could've removed the dungeons in WoD after the first month and it wouldn't have made a difference.

The entirely of WoD was basically one patch: 6.2. That's the only patch that offered a tiny bit of content to do and it was the only thing to do for 14-15 months.

For the sake of this discussion, I won't even talk about the embarrassment that 6.1 brought to the game. Added literally nothing except for a new toy called the selfie camera. Because that right there is loads of content to do right? It was an embarrassment.

Legion brings a ton more content (even if some of it is still gated, there's still a ton to do). It also brings more ways to socialize with players (mythic+, legion assaults being a 3 man scenario). It brings a ton more things to the game than the entirely of WoD and legion isn't even over yet.

Could even make a list comparing the content Legion had when it launched and what's been added to it since through patch 7.1/7.2. And then compare that to WoD when it launched and what was added in 6.1/6.2. It's laughable.
    Again, you're supplanting what you feel is best in the game for what I personally desire in the game. Yes, WoD had obvious flaws. For a majority of people, the expansion was lackluster. I'm not disagreeing with this. But for me, I found it enjoyable. Since the title of this thread isn't, "Defend WoD and its litany of obvious issues against popular opinion," but rather, "Do you miss WoD?" I think it's pretty arrogant that players keep telling me how I should feel about the expansion.

I miss the insane amounts of easy gold i got from garrison but apart from that FUCK NO i dont miss that shitty xpac

15+ Year Old Account
    I found WoD to be much more alt friendly than Legion and I can sometimes miss that, but otherwise not a chance. WoD was a huge bore to me. Expansions I do miss though are TBC, WotLK and MoP.

Deleted
    Without legendaries, legion would've been better. If you dont need legendaries, I guess for you Legion is a lot better than WOD. The problem is the legendaries system. And since you need a lot of them (some are useless some are way better, some are better on certain fights, and so on), every week, on every alt, you need to farm way too much. All LFR, all normal mythic dungeons, normal raids, heroics raids, mythic raids, daily chest, this is really unfriendly if you have alts.
    Sure, you can tell me you dont NEED to do all that, but then you have a lot less chances to get the right legendaries, might take years then (ive been doing it for my 2 mains since launch and i got only 9+7).