Thread: Mass burnout.

Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I was in a guild for about 4 years. Solid guild, always cleared mythic everything on two nights a week. Also, a very very old guild, going strong for ten-ish (?) years. It seems like the changes this expansion were especially hard on people who wanted to play at a fairly high level without spending tons of time to do so. Historically, we might have a few people stop playing for various reasons in any given expansion. I threw in the towel a few months ago, and noticed today that since then there's been something like 80% turnover. That's more turnover than I saw in the previous four years. The relationship between time played and gear quality is just too strong, and too unforgiving, for people like us. The Legendary Lottery didn't help either. Sad!

Our guild is currently experiencing the exact same problem Although, we did farm alot from the start of the xpac so it was to be expected eventually, still sucks though

10+ Year Old Account
    I quit as well. Time to let WoW die, so blizz can make another mmo, but yes its still making money i guess.
    i7 4770k 4.6GHZ................................................ ¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
    OCZ Arc 100 x2 (240g) RAID 0.........................°º¤ø„¸? Druid ,„ø¤º°¨
    Kingston HyperX 8 gig 2400.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨ For Life! 0¤ø„¸
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 OC.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸ ¨°º¤ø

Deleted
    Same in my guild. Most are very disappointed with how the promising start of Legion got flushed down the toilet so fast.

Patch 7.2 perpetuated the Legion launch content more than it brought new things with it. Hence why Broken Chore almost feels abandoned at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Hysteria View Post
    i mean am playing 24/7 , for geting +1 trait , the worst part is when my spec get nerfed , and other buffed so i have to farm other ,,, !
    so how about not doin it ?

seriusly if you see you way of playing game is wrong why do you continiue to do so ?

its simply : why ?

Quote Originally Posted by smaktat View Post
    3 words: Zelda, Mass Effect
    I know there are some 12 year olds that play wow, but I don't think it's that many that we would feel this kinda drop off.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Yeah i got burnt out around 2 months ago, thats why i stopped grinding, i have barely done 3-5 M+ since early December, stopped grinding AP since i got my Fury to 54.

I cant bring myself to log in and farm AP for the new traits, i really cant be bothered.

I am in a casual guild barely raiding etc etc and most have stopped logging on pretty much after they realized that they have to grind AP to perform even in NH HC (30-40 year olds with kids and barely 35 points in weapon, raid loggers literally).

Its not surprising that people quit, raiding is fun, grinding AP to raid is not fun.
    I never grinded (?) any AP and I'm perfectly fine damage/healing wise.

Stop with this bs ... you don't need to grind any AP unless you're trying to be a world first wannabe. (hint : you aren't)

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimnakh View Post
    Personally i find the "RNG shitfest" to be one of the best things about the expansion. I dont want to be able to get all the bis gear for current content, thats so boring. The only problems with it are unbalanced trinkets, legendaries and secondary stats for certain specs.
    Thank the lord someone does.

Its funny but i have never put as much effort and time into a game like WoW in my life plus all the hours talking about it

Its commendable that i havent burnt myself earlier after all these years but now i feel the end is coming

Now sure i will never truly 'Quit' this game but i stopped raiding a while back and i stopped doing BGs and i honestly now cant bring myself to do anymore WQs and i have farmed and gotten every mount that could possibly drop except for a few World mounts.

Everyone i know has quit and iam not sure how long i will keep up cause iam done with the AP grind and blizz gating in 7.2 has prolly finished me off.

But like i said i will never truly 'quit' wow its just i think i need to find something else to waste my pointless life on

this expansion would be near perfect without paragon traits in artifact weapons, RNG legendaries and proper class design. titanforging plays such a small role in the grand scheme of things. the fact of the matter is, even without titanforging people would still be clearing heroic and normal NH very week because it is the most efficient source of ap in the game. the real issue here is they screwed up class design and ignored feedback during alpha beta so much that it makes all these other things feel like world ending catastrophes instead of minor annoyances.

Most people don't care about AP that much. I definitely wouldn't be running normal if it wasn't for legendaries, wtf cares about AP you can get like 4 mil from world quests a day

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Thank the lord someone does.
    yeah ...its fun to b e behind current content because all the shit you get is worste than the shit you wear. so fun

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    I never grinded (?) any AP and I'm perfectly fine damage/healing wise.

Stop with this bs ... you don't need to grind any AP unless you're trying to be a world first wannabe. (hint : you aren't)
    Cute argument, now link me your logs so i can see your below accepted DPS.

All these threads about mass burnout yet more guilds popup, more people popup...I do wonder.

if this is indeed becoming such problem blizzard indeed should take actions

first should be removal of mythic raiding and banning of logs if they have indeed such negative impact on players experience

Quote Originally Posted by xpose View Post
    but people enjoy that vanilla experience remember
    i didn't play in vanila and i hate it give me my wrath experience back

I don't grind AP.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...ps&partition=1

As a healer, work out which bit of those logs is below acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    I don't grind AP.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...ps&partition=1

As a healer, work out which bit of those logs is below acceptable.
    I am not sure how a 3 week post came back to haunt me from some random that quoted it.

You have 180m AP farmed, do you know about what values of players my original post was talking about?

People that didnt even bother to farm 10-15m AP, people that came online after 7.1.5 hit and got their "35 point" achievement.

The person you quoted that from was in response to someone saying "I do enough DPS/HPS" while comparing himself to those people pre-7.2 obviously.

He claimed to do "enough DPS/HPS" without any AP farming.
    Last edited by potis; 2017-04-09 at 12:33 PM.

I am not sure how a 3 week post came back to hunt it from some random that quoted it.

You have 180m AP farmed, do you know about what values of players my original post was talking about?

People that didnt even bother to farm 10-15m AP, people that came online after 7.1.5 hit and got their "35 point" achievement.

The person you quoted that from was in response to someone saying "I do enough DPS/HPS" while comparing himself to those people pre-7.2 obviously.
    And I've picked up most of that AP in the past few days, just from completing raids and the mage tower buff. No one needs to grind AP to be a good player, you just do a basic amount of stuff and you get the AP.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    And I've picked up most of that AP in the past few days, just from completing raids and the mage tower buff. No one needs to grind AP to be a good player, you just do a basic amount of stuff and you get the AP.
    And thats why your logs from 2 months back are below 60%, same with most of your HC logs before that.

There are many things to check in logs and thats one of them.

Most of your logs before March are below 60-65% which is still fine for HC.

Again, you are taking a post out of proportion.

Yeah i got burnt out around 2 months ago, thats why i stopped grinding, i have barely done 3-5 M+ since early December, stopped grinding AP since i got my Fury to 54.

I cant bring myself to log in and farm AP for the new traits, i really cant be bothered.

I am in a casual guild barely raiding etc etc and most have stopped logging on pretty much after they realized that they have to grind AP to perform even in NH HC (30-40 year olds with kids and barely 35 points in weapon, raid loggers literally).

Its not surprising that people quit, raiding is fun, grinding AP to raid is not fun.
    Original post, around a month back on this thread, and what you quoted is my response to the person that claimed he did "Well" without farming AP while i can guarantee you, you can not do "Well" with barely 35 points around 7.1.5.

Maybe in the delusional world people exist in.

Its gonna be the same in around 8-9 weeks, where people will claim they are doing "well" with only 36 points, compared to people with like 43 points and their extra traits completed and they are gonna come in here and whine how they are not accepted into groups or in their raids because they didnt grind the basic of AP, aka log on and just do your emmisary.
    Last edited by potis; 2017-04-09 at 12:48 PM.