Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Only took 2 pages to derail this thread
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...all/chuckabear

Ah.. Warlock changes just in time for flying.. Time to dust of the old main
    Last edited by nothinunik; 2017-04-08 at 06:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Evory View Post
    Not exactly sure what they are talking about with mastery providing ways to deal with magic damage, the only thing mastery does is increase health pool and make heals cast on the bear do more healing, so when is a larger hp pool suddenly considered mitigation?
    Health alone is not mitigation, as it also eats up more mana to heal back up and therefor has a negative impact on the healers.
    However, with the Guardian mastery, you can take more damage without requiring more healing, which is the essence of mitigation. It may not feel like it because you still eat the full damage, but from an external perspective its fine.

If you take 1000 damage and require 1000 healing, or you have 20% morer life and take 1200 damage and still require 1000 healing to be filled back up, you basically "mitigated" 200 of that damage through the mastery.

So TL;DR, Guardian mastery does not only increase the health, but also healing taken, which is "indirect mitigation". It allows you to take more damage without increasing the healing requirements.

Deleted
    Guardian mastery is pretty much % dmg reduction, nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    Is that sarcasm or are they actually doing something with balance druids?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    I think he meant "balance" the verb, not the spec...
    Haha, apologies for my poor choice of words. I love how they are balancing guardian druids.

With the mass of immature and weak game design they throw at us this xpac I'm getting the impression that only junior inexperienced game designers work on WoW now or they rush everything without deeply thinking about the changes and the implications the raise.

Holy cow - the mass and deepness of changes in the class/game mechanics is not good for the game. I'm ok when they fix design failures/errors but I would feel better if they had not done them at first. The former quality in game design is lacking this expac and I have a bad feeling that this won't be better in the future.

Trial and error game design is not a good path.

Quote Originally Posted by moofie View Post
    Haha, apologies for my poor choice of words. I love how they are balancing guardian druids.
    Had me excited I'm so very hopeful that boomkins will get some love sometime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Saafiaxo View Post
    Y not just change it back to embers?
    Because they don't want to.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    I eagerly await all the QQ off Guardian Druids over this OP ability's removal...
    well going with this:

70% Physical, 30% Magical
    Protection Warrior
    Strengths: Best physical damage tank by far
    Weaknesses: Cannot handle magic damage as well
    I
    I
    60% Physical, 40% Magical
    Protection Paladin
    I
    I
    50% Physical, 50% Magical
    Brewmaster Monk
    Guardian Druid
    Strengths: all rounder tanks
    Weaknesses: does not particularly shine in any encounter
    I
    I
    40% Physical, 60% Magical
    Vengeance Demon Hunter
    I
    I
    30% Physical, 70% Magical
    Blood Death Knight
    Strengths: Anti magic tank.
    Weakness: More vulnerable to physical damage

we seem to have went from mid to bottom in terms of mitigation with the removal

this was taken from the blue tracker on the front page of mmo-c

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    this was taken from the blue tracker on the front page of mmo-c
    That's a suggestion from the thread creator, not what it actually looks like.

Here is what I think the devs should aim for:
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...3557919#post-1

As the person himself states:
    Unfortunately it was more like 80% 80% for Guardian in Nighthold, so it will probably skew your perception a bit.
    You're not currently in the middle, you're on the very very top. There's a reason pretty much every single raiding guild is using at least one, if not two guardian druids, because they are broken as fuck right now.
    Last edited by mmocf8e5b938a8; 2017-04-08 at 07:06 PM.

now if only the warlock specs could have their visuals given back for their resources. the horns and things for demo, the fire glow of destro, and idk if affliction had one. but man did i love those visuals.

Quote Originally Posted by By the Emperor View Post
    That's a suggestion from the thread creator, not what it actually looks like.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...3557919#post-1

As the person himself states:

You're not currently in the middle, you're on the very very top. There's a reason pretty much every single raiding guild is using at least one, if not two guardian druids, because they are broken as fuck right now.
    may be so but he didnt say what hed replace mark with, im not to sure myself, also i dont get the point of buffing maul and then sticking it on the gcd??????

Yeah, regarding the discussion about design changes mid-expansion.
    From WoD on it feels like B-Team has completely taken over. They have great ideas and speed when it comes to content but lack the experience or foresight needed for a game this complex.

Overall WoW is heading in a better direction imo and to see changes is better than a broken game. Now the PvP side on the other hand, can we already say, worst expansion ever?

I like how people that are telling Saaf that burning embers shouldn't be a thing because fire mages, completely ignoring the fact that Destruction Warlock uses fire spells. How does burning embers not make sense for Destros?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by enzi View Post
    Yeah, regarding the discussion about design changes mid-expansion.
    From WoD on it feels like B-Team has completely taken over. They have great ideas and speed when it comes to content but lack the experience or foresight needed for a game this complex.

Overall WoW is heading in a better direction imo and to see changes is better than a broken game. Now the PvP side on the other hand, can we already say, worst expansion ever?
    Must say I'm surprised. Whilst I don't PvP myself I expected this expansion to be the best of them all, given PvP talents, merged crowd control schools as well as gear barely mattering. I wonder if it's simply the case of that Blizzard has stopped caring about PvP because it doesn't have enough participation to warrant their attention?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sammygm View Post
    I like how people that are telling Saaf that burning embers shouldn't be a thing because fire mages, completely ignoring the fact that Destruction Warlock uses fire spells. How does burning embers not make sense for Destros?
    Because Warlocks have always been about using Soul Shards ever since vanilla. Destruction is using fire sure, but the source of their magic is fel magic, which they take from the lives of others. That's also why Warlocks fire is supposed to be green (and the option for it to be so was introduced in MoP).

preach sister

I've seen threads be derailed in the first post. Or even with the OP somehow. 2 pages is hardly impressive!
    Man you really got shat on in this thread though, Gl in the next

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sammygm View Post
    that question has been answered a couple of times now, the spells that cost soul shards as destro are chaos damage which is fel magic that uses souls to function according to that lore book they made about magic. Theres a reason why he is being made fun of.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    may be so but he didnt say what hed replace mark with, im not to sure myself, also i dont get the point of buffing maul and then sticking it on the gcd??????
    So that its not an over the top buff I would imagine. The ability to proc gore and its damage increased by 400% is quite a large damage buff, having it off the GCD at that point serves no purpose, it would be too spammable for its power level. That seems okay to me"??????"
    Last edited by elvor0; 2017-04-10 at 03:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Dual Guardian Druid & Destro Warlock main. Not sure how to feel now. =/
    You should be happy that guardian druids wont be considered the most OP braindead boring shit in the game as much as they were.

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    You should be happy that guardian druids wont be considered the most OP braindead boring shit in the game as much as they were.
    They will be worse though.
    You used to be able to choose between MOU or IF. Now Mark is gone so youre literally smashing your keyboard using all rage on IF and maybe maul, which is apparently even more rage now and is on GCD. Why bother.

Well now, isn't that just constructive! Trying to up your post count? Tired of whining about your president, Donald Trump? Sadly another one who simply cannot be bothered reading enough to form an actual opinion on the matter yet chooses to be a sheep. Sad
    sigh don't know why i bother with people like you.

okay
    1 trying to up my post count?: Is that something people care about now?
    2 daring to point out falsehoods and lies in the leader of the free world is just summed down to ''whining'' you must be a simple person.
    3 people have made the point about soul shards a couple of times including me in my comment, that in legion blizzard wanted class fantasy to have more impact in the game, warlocks use souls to power their fel spells as included in that lore book they made and also kinda in that movie.

Have some dignity, you're grasping for straws.