Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Anyone else think Apexis Crystals > Nethershards in terms of how they're obtained?

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    "There was a time when you actually simply had to do the content instead of having catch-up left and right."

This was you. You meant only vanilla then or? If then, sure you got the argument. If not, then you didn't.
    It was true in Vanilla, where there was no catch-up at all.
    It was true in TBC before patch 2.3, where the badges only awarded Tier4 level of gear and there were attunements so you needed to do the content.
    It was true in WotLK before 3.2, where the badges were tiered.

So either way I got the argument.

Deleted
    The most despicable thing is indeed the fact that you need to research stuff outside the game to even realize what the hell is going on with the lack of content.
    But shedding some light on with the launch of the patch would have deterred a lot of players from resubscribing. As with the documenting of the ilvl scaling..
    They should really have the invasion schedule on the calendar. And the dates when each part of the patch will be accessible...

Blizzard just hit a new low with this patch. It sucks. Way to flush a good start down the toilet.

This patch is just damage control. Coincidentally enough, ToS looks like it´s coming out in June so conveniently for the end of Q2. All they really care about is how many accounts are active at the end every quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    It was true in TBC before patch 2.3, where the badges only awarded Tier4 level of gear and there were attunements so you needed to do the content.

See lets see, you said no catch-up mechanics before. While I said it was catch-up mechanic in TBC. First you said I needed to learn to read, now you actually say it was a catch-up mechanic as early as in TBC. You just confirmed what I said about catch-up mechanics for gear in TBC

How did you "get" the argument again? You just confirmed I was correct and you were wrong.

When you say things about how it was before, and someone take you on it, why don't suck it up instead of going spesific? Hilarious.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2017-04-09 at 10:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by superblink View Post
    the most important thing in the world for me is for you to be happy
    You're such a sweet guy Donald!

OT: 7.2 is indeed not their best patch, alot of my friends aswell are more bored as they were before due the fact that the BIG thing they waited for is kinda a gated dissapointment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

There was a time when you actually simply had to do the content instead of having catch-up left and right.
    Meant that content lasted much longer, and accomplishments stayed relevant, and as such the game felt more rewarding and didn't go into programmed obsolescence. But that was too good of a design to be kept, it seems.
    The difference between a raider and just your average player was not as large back then though. The game didn't have 4 different difficulties, each with their own set of gear. Oh and like 20+ different dungeon difficulties that all drop items that could be better than raid gear.

Less people got to see the content but at the same time, you weren't at the mercy of the RNG gods. If you did BT and that item you wanted dropped, you knew you got what you were after. These days it has to be titan forged, with a socket if possibe and why didn't I get leech on my gloves, damnit!

See lets see, you said no catch-up mechanics before. While I said it was catch-up mechanic in TBC. First you said I needed to learn to read, now you actually say it was a catch-up mechanic as early as in TBC. You just confirmed what I said about catch-up mechanics for gear in TBC

How did you "get" the argument again? You just confirmed I was correct and you were wrong.

When you say things about how it was before, and someone take you on it, why don't suck it up instead of going spesific? Hilarious.
    Wow, that's some pretty impressive level of purposedly ignoring everything that is said to pretend you're right.

---

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    The difference between a raider and just your average player was not as large back then though. The game didn't have 4 different difficulties, each with their own set of gear. Oh and like 20+ different dungeon difficulties that all drop items that could be better than raid gear.

Less people got to see the content but at the same time, you weren't at the mercy of the RNG gods. If you did BT and that item you wanted dropped, you knew you got what you were after. These days it has to be titan forged, with a socket if possibe and why didn't I get leech on my gloves, damnit!
    I totally agree, but that's precisely an absolutely abysmal failure of their system - rampant ilvl inflation is probably the number one bad design in WoW today, and Blizzard seems totally unable to manage a different approach despite having a model that worked before.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Not happy with the "I am not happy" threads.

You know how in the off topic forum the people who need their comfort zones and safe zones get ridiculed? Well, here is a pat on the head on how much it shatters my world that you are unhappy about a video game and how much it hurts you that you cannot schedule your family life and this game, because you absolutely 100% need to do every legion invasion multiple times NAU!
    The developers should not tell their players how to play the game.

Conformist.

Wow, that's some pretty impressive level of purposedly ignoring everything that is said to pretend you're right.
    Well when people isn't bold enough to admit they are wrong they usually come with such response like this, not surprising. When people come with actual proof of a claim like I did(and someone else also came with links)

If you played in TBC you know how the badgesystem worked. And it was enough to do heroic 5mans and karazan to get lots of badgegear(equal to ZA and BT-gear) so more people could do BT and catch up to Sunwell-progression. So my first response in this very thread was pointing this out. Then some other dudes say its false and bring points into the discussion wich I didn't bother answering because thats not what you wrote about. There was some catch up with gear in TBC and they brought that forward in wotlk and so on. People claiming something else does not know what they talk about. The badgesystem in TBC is the base idea wich they brought forward in the other expansion and all the way to Legion. Wich they worked upon and around, did some changes etc. Guess I had to clarify that.

So either you talked about vanilla only or you were wrong. Simple as that. And its not a bad thing to be wrong once in a while.

Case closed.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2017-04-09 at 02:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fixit View Post
    7.2 has been a shitter of a patch, and poorly explained by Blizzard. A lot of the upcoming content requires research outside the game to know what the hell is going on and when it starts.
    Like what, exactly?

Affixes made harder, wtf is up with 50% explosive orb damage lol.
    Do a lower level of Mythic that you feel challenges you appropriately.

Random schedule on Invasions (i work and have family, have seen only two so far!).
    No longer part of the achievement, so the need to get each one is really lessened.

Sick of 10 minute fights, as Raid bosses don't go down noticably quicker as we get more powerful.
    They sure do for us. We regularly break our previous records according to DBM. Perhaps your team is making mistakes as they get more confident and stop paying attention?

It has made me feel not that interested anymore, and a lot of WQ loot blows away our months of work in pre 7.2 myth+ and heroic raiding (ie 900 ilvl from broken shore world bosses/ 880+ everything else just for farming shards..><). It shouldn't be that easy for late bloomers to catch up/exceed the majority of people who have played since the start.
    Who cares what other people have? The fact that alts and catchups can get close to your item level now doesn't negate what you worked for with your team. Do you. Forget about everyone else.

Well when people isn't bold enough to admit they are wrong they usually come with such response like this, not surprising. When people come with actual proof of a claim like I did(and someone else also came with links)
    Someone is inverting roles hard it seems.
    The only thing you proved so far is that you're unable to read correctly and tend to grasp at straws to pretend you're right.
    If you played in TBC you know how the badgesystem worked. And it was enough to do heroic 5mans and karazan to get lots of badgegear(equal to ZA and BT-gear) so more people could do BT and catch up to Sunwell-progression.
    =>
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka
    Conclusion :
    Seems you just need to learn to read actually.
    Or maybe just answer to what people say instead of what you make them say in your head.
    You repeat the same bullshit even after being called on it. Either you're playing dumb or you're actually genuinely stupid, but in both case it's just pointless to waste more time with you.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2017-04-09 at 04:04 PM. Reason: infracted

It was true in Legion before patch 7.2. This is an absolutely abysmal argument that it was true before a patch. Also, "I got the argument" lol. Your argument is only true in Vanilla and Vanilla was miserable as a result.

Cannot wait for you to revisit the thread to throw out ad hominem attacks on anyone who doesn't agree with you on a video game website.

Deleted
    Bullshit, that's just your empty claim, and you have absolutely no idea if it would be true or not.
    Don't confuse opinion based on nothing with facts.
    People wouldn't return to WoW if they didn't know there were mechanics in play that would allow them to catch up to current content in a relatively short amount of time. They would just go play one of the countless MMORPG's being released all the time or go play one of the existing free ones. In 2017, no one is gonna return to WoW and pay a monthly subscription if they're gated behind months of grinding in order to get into the most current endgame content.

Quote Originally Posted by Herpie View Post
    People wouldn't return to WoW if they didn't know there were mechanics in play that would allow them to catch up to current content in a relatively short amount of time. They would just go play one of the countless MMORPG's being released all the time or go play one of the existing free ones. In 2017, no one is gonna return to WoW and pay a monthly subscription if they're gated behind months of grinding in order to get into the most current endgame content.
    Again, that's just your opinion, and there is next to nothing which actually supports it, and on the contrary quite a bit that supports the opposite.

Remember that lack of catch-up means that there is an actual distribution of guilds along the progress path, instead of everyone crammed into the last tier. It means that returning player can find easily guilds and people who are also progressing in the first tier (just like people starting in 2006 started with MC and didn't need catch-up to start right away at AQ), and that guilds which have progressed still have a reason to run previous tier (either to find that one item they want, or to gear new player/alt).

Catch-up gear actually, in a display of vicious circle, means in practice a much higher treshold and more closed raiding scene : as anyone is expected to already be geared and knowing the fights, there is ridiculous requirement to join pick-up raids (people are supposed to have gear higher than what drops in, to already know the fight and most of the time to already have finished it multiple time).

Deleted
    Again, that's just your opinion, and there is next to nothing which actually supports it, and on the contrary quite a bit that supports the opposite.

Remember that lack of catch-up means that there is an actual distribution of guilds along the progress path, instead of everyone crammed into the last tier. It means that returning player can find easily guilds and people who are also progressing in the first tier (just like people starting in 2006 started with MC and didn't need catch-up to start right away at AQ), and that guilds which have progressed still have a reason to run previous tier (either to find that one item they want, or to gear new player/alt).

Catch-up gear actually, in a display of vicious circle, means in practice a much higher treshold and more closed raiding scene : as anyone is expected to already be geared and knowing the fights, there is ridiculous requirement to join pick-up raids (people are supposed to have gear higher than what drops in, to already know the fight and most of the time to already have finished it multiple time).
    Except i am living proof that you are wrong.

I skipped out on the first 6 months of legion, because i had other things in my life that took priority.

I got back into WoW because i knew there are catchup mechanics in place that would allow me to get into current content.

If it wasn't for these catch up mechanics, i wouldn't have re-subbed.

So now i'm a happy casual at 903 equiped ilvl, i'm able to get into sufficient nh hc/m+ pugs that i want, and i'm paying my monthly subscription fee. You think in 2017 i'd be paying a monthly subscription to play non-current content and try to catch up? Are you drunk? I'd be playing a different game.

Deleted
    There was a time when you actually simply had to do the content instead of having catch-up left and right.
    Meant that content lasted much longer, and accomplishments stayed relevant, and as such the game felt more rewarding and didn't go into programmed obsolescence. But that was too good of a design to be kept, it seems.
    It was absolutely terrible for small guilds like mine, that had sadly a high turnover. We had to do Karazhan in BC, then we manage to kill one boss of Zul'Aman, one week, one member left for any reason, needed a new one, back into Kara other 2-3 week, back to ZA; rinse and repeat.

Never again.

7.2 has been a shitter of a patch, and poorly explained by Blizzard. A lot of the upcoming content requires research outside the game to know what the hell is going on and when it starts.
    no, it doesnt. maybe you cant be bothered to look at everything on the official website, or the forums, or read for that matter, but things are clearly explained in multiple places.

Other issues i have with it are;
    Affixes made harder, wtf is up with 50% explosive orb damage lol.
    yes, only a complete moron would think that with the power growth going on this xpac things wont get more difficult as time goes on. and you go into M+ knowing full well they are designed to push your limits to the extreme

Random schedule on Invasions (i work and have family, have seen only two so far!).
    OH GOD THE HORROR, you wont get to see every single thing in an invasion that will be going on FOR FUCKING MONTHS. get over it

Sick of 10 minute fights, as Raid bosses don't go down noticably quicker as we get more powerful.
    again, things get stronger as we get stronger. kinda how an rpg works

It has made me feel not that interested anymore, and a lot of WQ loot blows away our months of work in pre 7.2 myth+ and heroic raiding (ie 900 ilvl from broken shore world bosses/ 880+ everything else just for farming shards..><). It shouldn't be that easy for late bloomers to catch up/exceed the majority of people who have played since the start.
    hey, great idea. lets just completely fuck over anyone who wants to join later in the game life cycle, or anyone who wants to level any one of several alts. GREAT FUCKING PLAN MORON

This may seem like a whine post
    Because it is

but i'm actually happy
    BULL. FUCKING. SHIT.

because i've realised it's time to level up some alts extremely casually for order hall gold farming, and ignore my main toons as it really makes me feel my time was wasted, they're finished as far as i'm concerned/spent enough time on them.
    the game is designed with alt activity in mind, which is why the content to do at max level is so accessible to all. deal with it
    Never believe you have seen the peak of human stupidity and ignorance, or you will constantly be surprised by the new levels the reach almost every day

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    You should clearly understand, that this crap has been happening with Wow for about 4 xpacks in a row. It's like politics: when it's time for elections - candidates promise you piles of gold and stars from the sky, but when they're elected - everything happens, as usual, i.e. they simply forget about all their promises, keep radio silence and pretend, that everything happens as intended. Same with Blizzard. They just need to sell as many boxes, as possible, so they try to make release content as attractive, as possible. But content patches always lack content. And Blizzard simply pretend, that nothing bad happens, trying to exploit players' inertia, i.e. they hope, that players won't immediately realize, that they're being fooled, and will stay subbed for at least some time.
    Did you just compare an MMORPG To Real Life BS? -_-

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dudikof View Post
    Anyone else think Apexis Crystals > Nethershards in terms of how they're obtained?
    Oh god no!

*Remembers the 830 Gear, and the Legendary Questline*

Ugggghhhh...No thanks.

Atleast the gear given to us in 7.2 is Doable. 895-910 Titanforged? Good...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    The most despicable thing is indeed the fact that you need to research stuff outside the game to even realize what the hell is going on with the lack of content.
    But shedding some light on with the launch of the patch would have deterred a lot of players from resubscribing. As with the documenting of the ilvl scaling..
    They should really have the invasion schedule on the calendar. And the dates when each part of the patch will be accessible...

Blizzard just hit a new low with this patch. It sucks. Way to flush a good start down the toilet.

This patch is just damage control. Coincidentally enough, ToS looks like it´s coming out in June so conveniently for the end of Q2. All they really care about is how many accounts are active at the end every quarter.
    "Blizzard just hit a New low with this patch. It sucks".

Oh yeah, forget that 6.1 (EWW) Ever happened, while denying the fact that we just had 6.2 a few months ago...

Someone is inverting roles hard it seems.
    The only thing you proved so far is that you're unable to read correctly and tend to grasp at straws to pretend you're right.

=>

Conclusion :

You repeat the same bullshit even after being called on it. Either you're playing dumb or you're actually genuinely stupid, but in both case it's just pointless to waste more time with you.

Infracted
    Lets get the proof out for the 3rd time.

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=18525/geras#sells
    Came out when ZA came, to bring close to equal ilvl gear as ZA, and close to BT loot. Did this help people gear up towards both raids? Yes. I even did some raids in both BT and Sunwell as a freakin boomkin back then, and that vendor had lots of gear of awesome itemization for boomkins. And my main hunter. I didn't do hardcore raiding progression until halfway into BT, so I know how this works.

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=25046/smith-hauthaa
    Came out with Sunwell. Black Temple ilvl gear, some weapons were better than BT weapons, the crossbow she sold was BiS for BM Hunter(because of speed) until the bow from the Twins in Sunwell. Only illidan had higher ilvl-gear than this vendor in BT. Sunwell had 154. Just an example. ToS Normal gear is 900-910, gear you get from nethershards etc are 880+. See a pattern here?

Its nice with opinions and all, but all this helped people gear up, even if it was only one slot or five, it still helped lower geared people to catch up. Easy as now? No, but now you have more sources to get gear from. But it still is a fact that you could get gear through catch-up even in TBC, through the Badge of Justice system. But I guess that did not exist. In your head.

Keep on though, make a fool of yourself. Saying people can't read, when what you write is utterly useless crap, take out whatever fits your argument(its true cause it was no badgegear before 2.3, uhuh) You have claims wich have no proof, and still you bash on people on how stupid they are. Well done.

This patch sucks really bad. The only important part about it is having flying back now. Flying has made this patch for me.