Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    It's Blizzard's ploy to deter lonley men from wanking over pixels
    Like you dont jerk off too the buff human males, dont lie now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dabanks07 View Post
    You are failing to take a combination of factors into account and are just taking the data at face value. Basing the success of a race solely on its female population is looking at things in entirely too narrow of a scope when over 60 percent of the characters at 110 are males. Now yes, the races with "attractive" female models are sure to be popular among many, many guys that simply want to take a pretty model and make it as slutty as possible. You know it, I know it, everyone knows it. You can easily look at a female Blood Elf and tell with about 80 percent certainty if it is a man or woman behind the computer based on their transmog. That, however, is not the sole measure of success for a race. You seem to want to dismiss anyone that doesn't agree with your argument

You dismiss the Demon Hunter impact on Blood Elves and Night Elves as minor but there is also the fact that when Blood Elves and Draenei came out they introduced a new class to their faction that was exclusive to them. To this day 80% of Horde Paladin and 62% of Alliance Shaman are still those races. By this point in WoW's life cycle I think it is safe to assume the vast majority of us still playing have been here since pre-Cata. Out of 13 total races the 3 introduced since the start of Cata amount to a total of 9% of the playerbase. That is a fact. You can't tell me that the female model accounts for it all because Worgen is in that group. Outside of combat a Worgen can look just like a human female. If the ONLY factor was the attractiveness of the model then why is Worgen at a whopping 3.5% while Human is at 15.6%? It seems to me that people are just unwilling to change from the race they started with.
    Then look at female Death Knight population. Same result, those 4 races are popular.
    Even female Monk result is the same with Pandaren being exception here, but they were strongly advertised to be Monks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrxz View Post
    I did back up my claims. It might not be polished theory, but I think I pointed at the right direction. It's called theory for a reason, if it would be 100% proven it would be called a fact. Also you can't throw away the whole theory based on a few exceptions. If this would be the case, then Einstein's theory of relativity would be ignored.
    So what do you even want to say?
    Theories still have strong arguments with good back ups. You haven;t given this at all.

Its not a few exceptions either; people have given lots of reasons why you are wrong.

What do I want to say? Your post is bad and doesn't mean anything. We don't "need" more sexy females. Its fine if you;re creepy and want to look at sexy pixels, but that doesn't automatically make a race.

Then look at female Death Knight population. Same result, those 4 races are popular.
    Even female Monk result is the same with Pandaren being exception here, but they were strongly advertised to be Monks.
    I'm looking at DK, you know what two of the 5 least popular races are? Worgen and Goblin. You know what else I notice with Death Knights? The male population increases to over 70 percent with the female models clearly becoming even less popular.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Theories still have strong arguments with good back ups. You haven;t given this at all.

Its not a few exceptions either; people have given lots of reasons why you are wrong.

What do I want to say? Your post is bad and doesn't mean anything. We don't "need" more sexy females. Its fine if you;re creepy and want to look at sexy pixels, but that doesn't automatically make a race.
    Then be surrounded by Blood elves on horde. As I said, I want more variety and they won't succeed by adding more ugly female races in my opinion.
    But yeah I get it, not everyone is going to agree with my theory, it's fine. But after this topic I'm even more sure I'm pointing towards the right direction.

Then be surrounded by Blood elves on horde. As I said, I want more variety and they won't succeed by adding more ugly female races in my opinion.
    But yeah I get it, not everyone is going to agree with my theory, it's fine. But after this topic I'm even more sure I'm pointing towards the right direction.
    You don't even have a theory. After this topic? Sticking your fingers in your ears and going NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH isn't really proof of anything.

It just wouldn't be good for the game to only add classes based on sexist females. Thats stupid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    Like you dont jerk off too the buff human males, dont lie now.
    Miqo'te in FFXIV perhaps but NOT WoW humans they look like WWE rejected roid heads!

This is exactly why I don't want ogres. Sure they'd thematically fit in but they'd be another unpopular monster race and honestly we have enough ugly/brutish races already, we really don't need another.

I would like a race with both attractive males and females. I used to find male blood elves fairly attractive but the revamp utterly trashed their faces.

Honestly, I hate to say it but what I'm most interested in would be high elves (with new models entirely, not reskinned blood elves) and ethereals. I don't think high elves will happen but as a vain girl who likes pretty things those are the two races I would play and main if they were released and had good customization. Ethereal females could essentially be what the males are; ghostly nether energy wrapped in bandages into a more presentable body shape to others. I would love playing them and they're something I would personally make many characters of. And those voices, hnnngh...

And high elves are self explanatory. I hate high elves lorewise, honestly, and think they're one of the scummiest races on Azeroth but I'm not going to lie and say I wouldn't play them.

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    This is exactly why I don't want ogres. Sure they'd thematically fit in but they'd be another unpopular monster race and honestly we have enough ugly/brutish races already, we really don't need another.

I would like a race with both attractive males and females. I used to find male blood elves fairly attractive but the revamp utterly trashed their faces.

Honestly, I hate to say it but what I'm most interested in would be high elves (with new models entirely, not reskinned blood elves) and ethereals. I don't think high elves will happen but as a vain girl who likes pretty things those are the two races I would play and main if they were released and had good customization. Ethereal females could essentially be what the males are; ghostly nether energy wrapped in bandages into a more presentable body shape to others. I would love playing them and they're something I would personally make many characters of. And those voices, hnnngh...

And high elves are self explanatory. I hate high elves lorewise, honestly, and think they're one of the scummiest races on Azeroth but I'm not going to lie and say I wouldn't play them.
    We also have enough pretty/smooth/small races. So there is that.

Despite 'stonish' skin female titan watchers seems to be attractive:

Amara / Freya

Honestly, I hate to say it but what I'm most interested in would be high elves (with new models entirely, not reskinned blood elves...
    Unfortunately if there were to be new model High Elves then you'd have a lot of people taking issue with it since they are one and the same and nowhere near enough time has passed for there to be physical differences in the two.

We also have enough pretty/smooth/small races. So there is that.
    Are you joking? There are almost no small/lean male races, even dwarves and pandaren are pretty much excessively muscled. And on the female side we have a whopping four races that could be considered conventionally attractive in any way, that being humans, blood elves, night elves and draenei. Granted it's very much personal taste but seriously try and tell me with a straight face that you see as many female orcs, goblins, and dwarves as the conventional and more relatable races.

The males are roid-machines in Warcraft and the females are as a majority savage and brutish looking by a significant majority. And I hate to say it but I really don't care to play characters like that at all. New races exist to add variety and pandaren, goblins and female worgen all proved that most people are not interested in playing ugly or animalistic characters.

Unfortunately if there were to be new model High Elves then you'd have a lot of people taking issue with it since they are one and the same and nowhere near enough time has passed for there to be physical differences in the two.
    I think people would take issue with it, yeah, but no more than people take issue with pandaren and other assorted BS. Yeah blood elves and high elves are the same race but they have enough cultural variance to warrant different body stances, hairstyles, hair color options, skin tones etc. In fact I think that'd be an interesting idea overall.

I think people would take issue with it, yeah, but no more than people take issue with pandaren and other assorted BS. Yeah blood elves and high elves are the same race but they have enough cultural variance to warrant different body stances, hairstyles, hair color options, skin tones etc. In fact I think that'd be an interesting idea overall.
    Different stances, hairstyles, etc, sure. A whole new model? That's a totally different beast.

Are you joking? There are almost no small/lean male races, even dwarves and pandaren are pretty much excessively muscled. And on the female side we have a whopping four races that could be considered conventionally attractive in any way, that being humans, blood elves, night elves and draenei. Granted it's very much personal taste but seriously try and tell me with a straight face that you see as many female orcs, goblins, and dwarves as the conventional and more relatable races.

The males are roid-machines in Warcraft and the females are as a majority savage and brutish looking by a significant majority. And I hate to say it but I really don't care to play characters like that at all. New races exist to add variety and pandaren, goblins and female worgen all proved that most people are not interested in playing ugly or animalistic characters.
    I know you want anime characters, but get real. Around a third of the races are "pretty." Whats left is a mix of either small races like Gnomes, or large races like Tauren. We only have 2-3 races that are very large. Adding more won't hurt.

There's really no more attractive race in WoW that's suitable. Dryads might qualify, but it would be hard for some people to accept a race unable to use mounts, being one themselves.

It's why my theory is that there will be some new Light-worshipping attractive race among the Army of Light for the Alliance to recruit. WoW Humans only accept races with similar beliefs or attractive appearance, into the Alliance.

Horde is even harder to find an attractive race for, considering Blizzard will never use a flying race. Naga may be as close as you can get, but aren't exactly without trouble.
    Personally I'd love an insectoid race for the Horde, but I doubt that'll look too sexy. Slapping boobs onto a bug is weird. I'd love it if the females were bigger than the males if we go the insect route though.

7+ Year Old Account
    we have vrykul and ogre, they can have the pretty females easy, the vykul girls we already saw and i think they are pretty, with the female ogres we can do the same with female trolls, orcs( i find both pretty as well, the problem to me is the hair, i hate the short/bald hair) and draeneis, with sexual dimorphism so the females dont need be "ugly" like the males

also, i see nagas and arakkoa with heavy chances to get good female models, even the natherzin

Honestly, I hate to say it but what I'm most interested in would be high elves (with new models entirely, not reskinned blood elves)
    There is literally no difference between Blood Elves and High Elves other than in name. Blood Elves are just High Elves that decided to change their name after the slaughter at Quel’Thalas.

Here's a direct quote: "The Blood Elves or Sin'dorei in Thalassian ("children of the blood"), are a race composed of former high elves who renamed themselves in honor of their people who were killed during the siege of Quel'Thalas by the Scourge during the Third War. "

The only different elves they could really introduce would be the Nightborne, who have been isolated and under the influence of the Nightwell for 10,000 years, so they appear different.

All that aside, I think OP does have a point with things, but also think that how old expansions are plays a pretty big factor. Human is just the most popular period, so it goes logically to say there would be a lot of human females. Same goes for Blood Elves and Night Elves, which come in as 2nd and 3rd most popular. Draenei males are fairly well considered one of the worst designed, while their females are attractive. Of all those races, two are from launch, and the other two are from TBC, the first expansion.

Going after that, Worgen and Goblin came later, and they're also less played, both overall and as females. Pandaren do break this trend slightly, but they also came with a brand new class to prop up their numbers.

Implying people find Warcrafts races attractive.

They are disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    There is literally no difference between Blood Elves and High Elves other than in name. Blood Elves are just High Elves that decided to change their name after the slaughter at Quel’Thalas.

Here's a direct quote: "The Blood Elves or Sin'dorei in Thalassian ("children of the blood"), are a race composed of former high elves who renamed themselves in honor of their people who were killed during the siege of Quel'Thalas by the Scourge during the Third War. "

The only different elves they could really introduce would be the Nightborne, who have been isolated and under the influence of the Nightwell for 10,000 years, so they appear different.

All that aside, I think OP does have a point with things, but also think that how old expansions are plays a pretty big factor. Human is just the most popular period, so it goes logically to say there would be a lot of human females. Same goes for Blood Elves and Night Elves, which come in as 2nd and 3rd most popular. Draenei males are fairly well considered one of the worst designed, while their females are attractive. Of all those races, two are from launch, and the other two are from TBC, the first expansion.

Going after that, Worgen and Goblin came later, and they're also less played, both overall and as females. Pandaren do break this trend slightly, but they also came with a brand new class to prop up their numbers.
    Like I said in my other post, high elves have enough cultural differences to justify a completely different model from blood elves. It's really not that crazy of a thought, just because they've never done it (see pandaren) does not mean they're incapable of doing it.

I know you want anime characters, but get real. Around a third of the races are "pretty." Whats left is a mix of either small races like Gnomes, or large races like Tauren. We only have 2-3 races that are very large. Adding more won't hurt.
    Anime characters? No, I want characters that I actually give a shit about instead of a fat orc with a horn. That's literally what ogres are.

Humans, dwarves, night elves, orcs, tauren, blood elves (yes, blood elves), gnomes, trolls, worgen...honestly, literally every single male in WoW is large either fat or muscled except undead and trolls. While the appearance of WoW characters is varied when it comes to dudes, the excessive overkill levels of musculature is a common thread that makes the game look seriously kind of ridiculous when there are so few alternative options. Post-revamp even look at male blood elves; they're built like football players, with giant shoulders and arms.

There's a huge difference between "anime characters" and the shitty selection that exists in WoW. I don't think animes have space mummies.

Different stances, hairstyles, etc, sure. A whole new model? That's a totally different beast.
    It's not something they've ever done but I think that honestly makes me more interested in it. I'd also love to see something along the lines of upright orcs and either Tanari or Arathi humans if high elves weren't an option. The idea of creating an entirely new race from a cultural difference isn't something they've done but something that I can't imagine is strictly impossible.

Like I said in my other post, high elves have enough cultural differences to justify a completely different model from blood elves. It's really not that crazy of a thought, just because they've never done it (see pandaren) does not mean they're incapable of doing it.

Anime characters? No, I want characters that I actually give a shit about instead of a fat orc with a horn. That's literally what ogres are.

Humans, dwarves, night elves, orcs, tauren, blood elves (yes, blood elves), gnomes, trolls, worgen...honestly, literally every single male in WoW is large either fat or muscled except undead and trolls. While the appearance of WoW characters is varied when it comes to dudes, the excessive overkill levels of musculature is a common thread that makes the game look seriously kind of ridiculous when there are so few alternative options. Post-revamp even look at male blood elves; they're built like football players, with giant shoulders and arms.

There's a huge difference between "anime characters" and the shitty selection that exists in WoW. I don't think animes have space mummies.

It's not something they've ever done but I think that honestly makes me more interested in it. I'd also love to see something along the lines of upright orcs and either Tanari or Arathi humans if high elves weren't an option. The idea of creating an entirely new race from a cultural difference isn't something they've done but something that I can't imagine is strictly impossible.
    No, male blood elves are not large.