Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Belt/shoulders BM opening

Hi like title says i have to figure out opening with both belt and shoulders equiped
    I use DF talent and the main problem over here is that i cant blow that much focus on pull(i need to cast atleast 1 DF after BW cast) if i follow Azor guide so how should i have to proceed
    1.Dump focus then use BW with both frenzy
    2.Follow regular rule written in Azor guide and worry not about all that wasted focus

I personally think people put way too much importance on not wasting focus. The goal is not to use your focus in the most efficient manner possible, it's to do the most damage possible.

^ This.

I've tried various openers, both trying to avoid focus cap and completely ignoring focus cap and just getting everything on CD at once. The problem is you delay far too much by trying to stay off focus cap(especially with lust on pull) that you are just losing dps. You can't realistically spend the focus that is incoming while also getting optimal damage out.

You want Aspect(with thunderslash) to line up with BW, but you also want at least 2 (if not 3) Frenzy up while Aspect(with thunderslash) is active. So in order to open with BW+Aspect+2/3 frenzy you have to accept being focused capped throughout most of the opener until you have everything rolling and can start your cobra/command spam.

I may be doing it wrong, but I've moved to an opener similar to this;
    Crows > BW > KC > Aspect(with thunderslash) + x2 frenzy(with mantle) then cobra spam(using Aotb because I have boots) and using any frenzy that procs to try get x3 stacks during Aspect.

I'm definitely focus capping for a good portion of the start of every fight, but I feel that delaying Aspect until I have x2/x3 frenzy up means BW falls off while Aspect is still up and if you don't get enough procs during the first BW to refresh the CD you end up with half your Aspect(with thunderslash) being without BW active just so you don't focus cap..... don't see any benefit in this.

Later in the fight when resources are more manageable, I try to reach x3 frenzy in preparation for Aspect with a fresh BW up.
    Last edited by Khrux; 2017-04-06 at 01:17 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrux View Post
    ^ This.

I may be doing it wrong, but I've moved to an opener similar to this;
    Crows > BW > KC > Aspect(with thunderslash) + x2 frenzy(with mantle) then cobra spam(using Aotb because I have boots) and using any frenzy that procs to try get x3 stacks during Aspect.
    I'm doing the same (having Mantle and Belt), just don't forget to pop Titan's Thunder before you use DF since TT buffs DF (If u dont use dire beasts)

Quote Originally Posted by Listat View Post
    I'm doing the same (having Mantle and Belt), just don't forget to pop Titan's Thunder before you use DF since TT buffs DF (If u dont use dire beasts)
    It doesn't matter when you press TT in the opener, as long as it is 8s before BW&Aspect fall off and you can get another DF inside that same 8s(for the BW+Aspect DPS boosts). The actual duration of the TT buffing your next DF is 30s.

Deleted
    Well thanks for the answers guys seems i did not doing it wrong
    Maybe in the normal this week will try with something like 2x cobras before pushing CDs up but i did not have 42nd trait yet

Is Dire Frenzy mandatory after you get thunderslash?

Quote Originally Posted by GokuGohan2 View Post
    It really depends because unless you have shoulders there's no way you're going to keep more than 1 stack on your pet without wild call procs.

Nah, i sim higher with stomp still but that's because i only have 25% crit. i got shoulders on 7.2 day, so i'm not going to re-stat before t20 and fudge myself over

Quote Originally Posted by Bulwarkcoco View Post
    Nah, i sim higher with stomp still but that's because i only have 25% crit. i got shoulders on 7.2 day, so i'm not going to re-stat before t20 and fudge myself over
    There is absolutely no fucking way you sim higher with Stomp. DF is metric tons ahead in ST, with/without shoulders/Thunderslash.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    There is absolutely no fucking way you sim higher with Stomp. DF is metric tons ahead in ST, with/without shoulders/Thunderslash.
    So how is your opening? Crows > TT > aspect of the wild > BW > Kill Command > DF > Cobra > KC.... ?
    I'm having some troubles now that I change to DF, I've used stomp my whole life

also, should I get blink or bestial fury? I do not have the 4 piece set.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Update simcraft.

- - - Updated - - -

You don't want to use aspect of the wild until you have at least 2 dire frenzy stacks. I usually wait until I'm about to use my third because that's also when your focus regen starts to slow down.
    In my case, I do not have the shoulders... And I have the boots, so I usually use it to reset the cooldown of kill command

EDIT: So I basically hold aspect of the wild until I get a proc?

@Tehterokkar in the opener would you suggest using DF once then refresh it when a few seconds left and try and keep 2-3 stacks as long as possible fight permitting?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    I believe your hands should be cut off. As I feel your opinions prove your not fit to type.
    Gen Off-Topic being hella ruthless

In my case, I do not have the shoulders... And I have the boots, so I usually use it to reset the cooldown of kill command

EDIT: So I basically hold aspect of the wild until I get a proc?
    No. You just do Crows > BW+KC > TT+Aspect+DF > CS > KC > etc. There is no point in delaying Aspect because you will then cause Aspect to be up when you don't have BW.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by idunnowatdo View Post
    @Tehterokkar in the opener would you suggest using DF once then refresh it when a few seconds left and try and keep 2-3 stacks as long as possible fight permitting?
    If you use Bloodlust on pull, you can keep 3 stacks for the entire duration of Bloodlust. Without BL you can't, unless you get lucky with procs.

Recommended opener with shoulders still is Crows > BW+KC > TT+Aspect+DF > DF > Cobra > KC.

No. You just do Crows > BW+KC > TT+Aspect+DF > CS > KC > etc. There is no point in delaying Aspect because you will then cause Aspect to be up when you don't have BW.

- - - Updated - - -

If you use Bloodlust on pull, you can keep 3 stacks for the entire duration of Bloodlust. Without BL you can't, unless you get lucky with procs.

Recommended opener with shoulders still is Crows > BW+KC > TT+Aspect+DF > DF > Cobra > KC.
    is there a benefit to maintaining 2-3 stacks as best as you can vc just using it when it comes up and just getting 1 stack?
    Last edited by idunnowatdo; 2017-04-09 at 05:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    I believe your hands should be cut off. As I feel your opinions prove your not fit to type.
    Gen Off-Topic being hella ruthless

Quote Originally Posted by idunnowatdo View Post
    is there a benefit to maintaining 2-3 stacks as best as you can vc just using it when it comes up and just getting 1 stack?
    With shoulders perhaps for Thunderslash/AoE. Otherwise not much point.

Don't you loose a ton of DPS on ST where there is a lot of movement still, like Elesandre as example.?

Yea but a lot of stuff move away from bosses, so I am curious if they '' stop'' focusing on it, say Tichon, normally i toke volley and stomp, on the top 10 of Bm's and their spec/legendaries, I see them all using DF, does that mean they just ignore the adds, and just are basically ranged melee?

Quote Originally Posted by Jin View Post
    Yea but a lot of stuff move away from bosses, so I am curious if they '' stop'' focusing on it, say Tichon, normally i toke volley and stomp, on the top 10 of Bm's and their spec/legendaries, I see them all using DF, does that mean they just ignore the adds, and just are basically ranged melee?
    In case you missed the last few weeks, you use DF for everything. Stomp is garbage.

In case you missed the last few weeks, you use DF for everything. Stomp is garbage.
    How is DF better for heavy AoE situations than Stomp?