View Poll Results: Should undocumented individuals who have lived in the U.S. for 20 years be deported?

Voters
44. This poll is closed
  • Yes! Get them out!

18 40.91%
  • No. We need a path to citizenship for them.

26 59.09%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Ah hahahahaha omg this is hilarious.

Karma is a bitch, who knew?
    If only karma existed.

Quote Originally Posted by alzoron View Post
    I never really got the whole "This nation was founded by immigrants so we should have totally open immigration" argument. This nation was also founded by going to war with England, slavery and displacing/killing the indigenous population. Should we keep doing those things too?
    Insinuating that the US doesn't already do all of that today to various extents.

Oh, and the US was founded on freedom and liberty, so they shouldn't have any of that today.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Because that's what the US was built on
    Canada was built upon immigration, but nobody complains about Canadians (Ditto for Australia) having one of the most anti-liberal immigration systems. Fun fact Bolivia and Peru (but specially Bolivia) have a very large proportion of native population yet one of the most lax systems of immigration. Generally speaking Latin American countries have lax immigration systems.

Staying in a country and doing nothing for 20 years to legitimize is just a spit to the face of the society. He should be jailed and permanently deported afterwards.
    Also if his wife knew he had no intention to became a citizen, she should have divorced him long ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alzoron View Post
    I never really got the whole "This nation was founded by immigrants so we should have totally open immigration" argument. This nation was also founded by going to war with England, slavery and displacing/killing the indigenous population. Should we keep doing those things too?
    War, slavery and genocide can be directly observed to have decidedly negative effects.

Immigration? Not so much. Again, I direct you to the effects it's had on the United States across its history.

Every wave of immigration has been met with the exact same rhetoric that we're seeing now. "They're dirty, they come from bad countries, they're poor, they're here to steal our jobs, their ideals are incompatible with American values."

People said that about the Irish, the Italians, the Japanese, the Chinese, and are currently saying that about latinos and muslims right now.

How well do we look back on the people that resisted the former immigrant groups?

Not very favorably.

How well do you think people will look back on the people resisting immigrant groups now?

It should be fairly obvious.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Staying in a country and doing nothing for 20 years to legitimize is just a spit to the face of the society. He should be jailed and permanently deported afterwards.
    Also if his wife knew he had no intention to became a citizen, she should have divorced him long ago.
    Holy crap it's like people aren't reading the actual OP.

What part about "applied twice for a green card" fits into "no intention to become a citizen?"
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hombregato View Post
    Canada was built upon immigration, but nobody complains about Canadians (Ditto for Australia) having one of the most anti-liberal immigration systems.
    That's likely because neither Canada nor Australia like to tout themselves as the "beacon of hope" of the world, and because neither Canadian nor Australian politicians have an entire political party whose one and only talking point of the last 10 years has literally been "illegal immigrants are scary"
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

On the one hand, yeah it's sad.

On the other hand, that picture that got linked; if his partner was a US citizen he had practically no excuse to not actually file his citizenship.

That's likely because neither Canada nor Australia like to tout themselves as the "beacon of hope" of the world, and because neither Canadian nor Australian politicians have an entire political party whose one and only talking point of the last 10 years has literally been "illegal immigrants are scary"
    let's be fair, we stopped the shit out of those boats
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

What part about "applied twice for a green card" fits into "no intention to become a citizen?"
    He applied twice and what? What happened to his first application? To his second one? His version of events is bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    He applied twice and what? What happened to his first application? To his second one? His version of events is bullshit.
    Apparently they fell through the cracks in the bureaucracy
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I can't just get up and got to Canada so no reason to care about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/07/u...-article-click

How awful! This is what some people voted for folks.
    Including the man's wife. Nice job lady. Vote for a President who has your husband deported. Good grief!
    Hahahaha, cheaper than divorce?
    What did she expect to happen?

Really funny stuff that
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

That's ok we'll just send him to Canada.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

And once again, most are deported, who actually play according to rules. Like regulary visiting immigration officials...

But how can you actually be deported, if you are married to a citizen and have children, who again, are citizens?

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Let us all know how that works out for your family. This story is about a guy who tried what your mother is, multiple times, and was deported intead of gaining legal status.
    Haha, I will. So far it seems to be going alright. I think her citizenship test is coming up. And it's not my family, I'm about as white as white gets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    If only karma existed.
    Further proof statistics on religion popularity are wrong. Judging by all the people who believe in Karma in US, Buddhism has to be in the top two. Especially considering it implies no alignment with any of the so called majority religion, as they all consider Karma blasphemy. Drown the statistic!!
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Woman votes for Trump and now her husband is getting deported. Applicable:
    Yeah, it's pretty shitty. Vote for a Republican hoping for change because a 2 term Democrat didn't do shit for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Antius View Post
    Yeah, it's pretty shitty. Vote for a Republican hoping for change because a 2 term Democrat didn't do shit for him.
    You wrote it in a way that makes it seem like what she did was understandable.

Except there's really no way that this makes sense: her husband is illegal, and she voted for the candidate whose rather vocal stance during the campaign season was 'kick out the illegals,' and her response literally was 'I didn't think it would happen to us.'
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Antius View Post
    And change is what they got, along with a hopefully 1-term Republican president who has done shit to them.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Because there's barely a path for anyone outside of the wealthy.
    UNTRUE!

If you're an attractive female willing to "date" wealthy white men you can get a greencard as a "model of exceptional ability" and even get a room in the whitehouse at the taxpayer's dime.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    after 17 years you'd think he would have actually gotten his citizenship. No sympathy for these people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Woman votes for Trump and now her husband is getting deported. Applicable:
    More like "I never thought they would come after my Illegal immigrant criminal Husband" Sobs woman who voted for the remove illegal immigrants Party