Yeaaah I'm starting to consider transferring my old DK and gearing him up real quick through nethershard farming or rolling a warrior at this point.
    But probably won't because I'm only in a heroic guild and I do like playing WW.

Deleted
    I really dislike the nerf to boots, it was a lot smoother with 1 chi FoF. Add to that that we are quite weak on pure single target, and it's not looking too great to me right now. I do understand that Blizzard wanted to lessen the difference between legendaries, but why not change the base cost of FoF to 2? Would have achieved that goal without nerfing the whole spec (at least those with boots).
    Eh, since I'm only raiding heroic I don't really care, so I will probably just continue as WW. The playstyle is really enjoyable to me (only played Monk since Legion).

I just got the boots last night, so i have no experience pre-nerf, but even only reducing FoF by one really smooths out the playstyle IMO. I feel like I'm able to keep a pretty close to GCD capped rotation (with T19 2pc) There is the occasional downtime but not like it was when FoF was costing me 3 chi.

Thunderfist is another ho-hum passive.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HHHGame78 View Post
    Thunderfist is another ho-hum passive.
    Uhh, yeah? What were you expecting, particularly when cmopared to other golden traits?

I was hoping it had some aoe qualities or at least applied to skills and not auto attacks. That would at least make us competitive. Oh well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HHHGame78 View Post
    I was hoping it had some aoe qualities or at least applied to skills and not auto attacks. That would at least make us competitive. Oh well.
    Thought it was white damage only, basically spreads extra damage out slightly? Unless you're hitting huge clumps of adds, then it'll all get used up eventually, so doesn't make much difference. St, it adds about 200k damage per SotW, so that's about 5kDPS - and we are weak in ST.

I just won the legendary chest and I do not see that they are going to nerf it, it takes a long time to get the twenty charges. u need to use 20 abilities for that and not 20 chi points. Useless for aoe, i think is better cindaria + katsuo for high lvl or bracers +katsuo.

is the Karma cape worth using over Cindaria or Katsuo?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dungo View Post
    Slightly above both, according to Babylonius' sims on PeakofSerenity. I'd drop Cini, particularly as Cini's damage is all frontloaded - which sucks when your burst phases are later, which is usually. Personally, i just got my chest (Thanks, Trilliax!), so I have to rework all of my gearsets (although the gloves aren't good enough over other the belt/bracers to justify breaking 4pc for, so I have less sets ATM). I find that my ToK damage is much lower than it should be - I primarily use it as a mitigation tool, or save it for emergencies, as opposed to using it as a pure DPS boost. So it's notably worse if you're using it defensively. Also worth noting that the worth of it goes up quite a bit if you raid with shammy healers, because HPBuffs.

Now to try and not feel like I'm being a lead stone on this guild I'm trialling for's raids when I'm on Mythic Krosus in low gear, clearly the lowest DPS. Pretty sure that's not going away anytime soon, though :P

Quote Originally Posted by Dungo View Post
    I don't have Chest or Bracers so I use Boots + either one of those two usually, and my advice is Belt on Elisande, on AoE fights and on any fight you don't feel confident using Cloak.
    Otherwise, go for cloak.

Deleted
    With adaquate replacement items on all potential legendary slots, (around 900), Katsuosand DHC sim as strongest, at least for my monk. Don't have the Chest though.
    Was exited about Cinidaria at first, but at least in SIMs DHC pulls ahead.
    But maybe thats an interaction with my high haste too.. (17%, not that i chose to, but got to eqip the best items i have...)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Envar View Post
    With adaquate replacement items on all potential legendary slots, (around 900), Katsuosand DHC sim as strongest, at least for my monk. Don't have the Chest though.
    Was exited about Cinidaria at first, but at least in SIMs DHC pulls ahead.
    But maybe thats an interaction with my high haste too.. (17%, not that i chose to, but got to eqip the best items i have...)
    Just bear in mind that the cloak isn't simming properly, same as the (still weak anyway) gloves. DHC and Cini are close enough that it makes little difference; I'm seeing DHC as a few k ahead, but, of course, Cini has the drawback of frontloading...
    Last edited by mmoca3e4aa7234; 2017-04-09 at 05:15 PM.

hey guys i take the new golden trait and i see this:

1- Each time you use Sotw you get 2 charges of thunder fist
    2- Duration: 30 sec
    3- Max stacks: 10 (?)
    4- SEF dont give more stacks (clones and they dont apply thunderfist)

So... my trait deal 206k x 2 hits = 412k every 40 sec = 10,3k dps (Single target)
    With hit combo and t4. without flask, food, rune deal 242 k x 2 hit = 484k every 40 sec = 12,1k dps

Next cuestion

My character 711k dps simcraft ST with chest and boots legend, more SEF with 6% haste, Throw the following result

( Pawn: v1: "Aiustia": Class=Monk, Spec=Windwalker, Agility=18.99, CritRating=13.57, HasteRating=16.28, MasteryRating=13.24, Versatility=13.34 )

Haste wins? i hate haste, i think our cap is 10% but i dont know, can u help me?
    Is it safe to go haste or not?

Sorry my english guys :P.

Hey guys i test the new golden trait and i see this:

1- Everytime u use SOTW u have 2 charges of thunderfist
    2- Duration: 30 sec
    3- Max Charges: 10 (?)
    4- SEF: Clones dont apply more charges, and they cant use that charges.

Numbers:

206k per hit x 2= 412k/40sec (no serenity) = 10.3k dps ST
    With Hit combo 250k per hit (aprox) x2= 500k /40 = 12,5k dps ST

250k x10 = 2.5M /40sec = 62.5k dps MT.

Next cuestion.

I sim my character and i have

With SERENITY 743k dps ST (Chest and boots legs)

( Pawn: v1: "Aiustia": Class=Monk, Spec=Windwalker, Agility=19.51, CritRating=13.97, HasteRating=11.56, MasteryRating=14.12, Versatility=14.28 )

With SEF 712k dps ST (same legs) :O

but...

( Pawn: v1: "Aiustia": Class=Monk, Spec=Windwalker, Agility=19.09, CritRating=13.59, HasteRating=16.56, MasteryRating=13.67, Versatility=13.49 )

Haste WINS!!?? how... i think our cap is 10% of haste, but idk, is it safe go for haste?

Sorry my english :P

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    For haste, from Discord:
    Haste has very high weight variations in SimCraft, mostly due to the fact baseline SimCraft will look at small increments for weights. Since haste's value is discontinuous, this will result in a wrong metric as well.
    Before going for some haste because SimCraft told you so, try to sim again with +400 haste versus +400 versatility or something to get a real idea of what's going on, and if it's not a large mistake.
    If you wanna look further into it, stats plotting is your best friend (or reforge plotting, haste+versatility.)
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Deleted
    5.5% DPS buff in 7.2.5, nice.
    RJW nerf to 2 targets of MotC makes it useless again. Instead of occasionally useful, like now.
    Minor SCK nerf, to 40%/target, from 50%; so 5 targets goes from 350% to 300%, for about a 16% nerf, hitting harder at more stacks, up to 20%.
    FoF range increase is nice, but 20% nerf to damage? That's probably coming close to a wash on overall DPS when you factor in the 5.5% buff to almost everything, but puts less reliance on FoF relics, I guess?

Good to know that out mediocre DPS output is getting addressed in 7.2.5. Honest. Still no word on a serenity buff, which was promised for 7.1.5, FFS. Hopefully they'll do more tuning passes later.

Deleted
    20% nerf to FoF?? This cancels out a large part of the flat 5.5% to everything. My FoF damage on low targets fight is like 16-19% at the moment. Appararently Blizz wants to tone down our AoE/cleave while leaving our (quite low) single target damage mostly untouched...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by galdor123 View Post
    20% nerf to FoF?? This cancels out a large part of the flat 5.5% to everything. My FoF damage on low targets fight is like 16-19% at the moment. Appararently Blizz wants to tone down our AoE/cleave while leaving our (quite low) single target damage mostly untouched...
    I presume that they're rebalancing our damage to be not as reliant on FoF without changing the overall numbers - I'd guess the 5.5% buff is meant to cancel out the FoF nerf pretty much entirely. Just hope that there's a tuning pass coming later to buff us. FoF's % of our ST DPS needs toning down, tbh.

Just want spec specific talents.