Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Best followers & equipment?

I'm trying to optimize my followers and their equipment to get the best success out of them. I've got Ravenholdt as my combat follower with the Curio and the Elixir of Plenty combined with my class hall bonus to give me 250 resources per WQ, but I feel I could do better on some others.

For example:
    Taoshi has preparation (+15% on missions over 8 hours)
    I give her hiking boots (+20% on missions over 8 hours) and bottomless flask (+30% on missions over 8 hours). She can solo most missions she's lvld for without backup from other heroes.

I stacked Garona with sleep potion and stun grenades to give her +30% on missions with bandits.

Does anyone have any preferred equippings for followers? Anyone have any plans for what to do when their followers get a 3rd piece of equipment?
    Last edited by Tordek; 2017-04-01 at 06:50 PM.

Deleted
    Mine all have the +15/20% when combined with uncrowned duelists. Some have 30% on missions longer than 8 hours others have 10% increased succes of the mission blue one. I have pirate Man, Ravenholdt, Garona, Vanessa and Mathias Shaw. Perhaps my next one will be for bodyguard or another kick user since I have only Vanessa or I was thinking also Taoshi.

I run with Shaw as my follower. When running MFD and Deeper Stratagem, heavy mastery and versatility gear, 95% of mobs get one shot by a 6cp envenom from stealth. Combine that with 50g/100resources or 75g from items, he makes world questing AMAZINGLY easy. Bonus points if you have legendary cloak/belt, as a fully charged FOK can kill anything (i've one shot entire raid groups at gates of valor and valdisdall)

My mission goers are Garona, Jorach, Vanessa, and Moroes. Missions in the past were mostly longer than 8h, so I would run with bottomless flasks/unending breath mostly, with auspicious fetishes when I got them. Lately it seems that missions aren't longer than 8 hours, so I might look into replacing those flasks. Otherwise Leech brew and Vanishing dust.

If you dont have Moroes, I would run with Tethys. His passive is pretty strong and he counters some of the other bosses.

Curious about this as well. Just hit 110 recently so I want to maximize my champs.

Moroes and Meatball are insane. You should try to get them. I'm running Vancleef, Shaw, and Taoshi in my remaining slots. I'm not sure who I will run as my 6th when that option is available, but probably the new one for at least a while (Princess Tess Graymane) because it feels like I end up needing a kick counter a lot.

As far as gear, I prefer the generic +% ones (Auspicious Fetish, Lucky Doodad) and the +% when with a pirate ones (Vanishing Dust). I'm not sure if this is optimal; I haven't experimented with others much. When I start getting third slot unlocks, I may start throwing mission duration reduction in that slot because I can already 200% 3-4 missions at the same time right now.
    Last edited by Squirl; 2017-04-07 at 07:31 PM.

How hard are Moroes and Meatball to get?

Quote Originally Posted by decimo View Post
    Meatball is not hard. You just do some Brawler's Guild and then some Order Hall Missions. You can find a guide here.

Moroes is also not hard, but a rare drop from Moroes in new Karazhan. Make sure you clear Kara every week for the chance. I'm not sure if the quest item drops from heroic now as well, but I got mine from Mythic last patch. More info here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Slowly working on a Rogue, but as a Lock, I run with Meatball as a bodyguard, what sort of "fun" does Moroes add as a bodyguard? I've gotten plenty of WTF remarks from other players who have no idea what the hell happened whenever a random rare elite suddenly turns explodes into meaty chunks.

10+ Year Old Account
    My roster is going to change as soon as I get Lillian Voss and the ability to use an extra follower. I'll be using:

Jorach Ravenholdt: as a champion with Potion of Triton and whathever other gold-generating item I can get, he won't be doing any missions. I suppose his stabbing ability will make killing PvP tower adds easier too or w/e...
    Tethys: to counter Outlaw and Sprint
    Mathias Shaw: to counter Assassination and Fan of Knives
    Lillian Voss: to counter Subtlety and Kick
    Meatball
    Moroes

With Thetys, Lilian and Shaw I can counter any threat, but barely. With the help of Meatball and Moroes I can get some extra percentiles. If I still need more help all the Master Plans (from Shaw), Strange Orbs (from Meatball) and Dinner Invitations (from Moroes) will allow me to brute-force my way to 200%.

As for items I'm using stuff that either add percentiles on all missions (15% on Auspicious Fetish) or when paired with Defias Thieves (20% on Sleep Potion, I've had bad luck getting Vanishing Dust for pirates). I'm still undecided on what to equip on the 3rd slot, maybe Pathfinder's Saddle for shorter missions?

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Parrot View Post
    Slowly working on a Rogue, but as a Lock, I run with Meatball as a bodyguard, what sort of "fun" does Moroes add as a bodyguard? I've gotten plenty of WTF remarks from other players who have no idea what the hell happened whenever a random rare elite suddenly turns explodes into meaty chunks.
    I haven't used him very much, but I think all he does is his Vanish+Teleport+Garrote ability like he does in the dungeon. So, just (slightly higher for a bodyguard?) DPS.

Shaw (if you don't have the legendary shoulders) or Meatball are superior combat allies in my opinion. Shaw gives you 100% crit out of stealth and Meatball gives you a stacking 10% DPS increase and a chance to insta-kill (after a 3s channel-stun) enemies below 20% hp.

EDIT: I ran around with Moroes as my bodyguard today, and can now confirm he's not very good. His Garrote silences, but he doesn't specifically cast it while enemies are casting or anything. His DPS is extremely low (like most/all bodyguards), making it inconsequential. I'd definitely recommend Shaw or Meatball over Moroes for your combat ally if you're going to run one.
    Last edited by Squirl; 2017-04-08 at 08:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by decimo View Post
    Squirl is right, they're not very hard to get. It's worth mentioning that you don't even need to complete the Brawler's Guild to get Meatball, you just need Rank 4 or 5 (I don't remember which). Not only is he a great bodyguard and champion for missions, he will often bring Strange Orbs, an item that you can give to any champion or minion to increase success chance for 1 mission. It doesn't even use an item slot, so it's a free bonus and you can stack 3 of them to brute-force 200% success chance on missions! It's the same thing for Mathias Shaw's Master Plans.

i run Shaw, Taoshi, Noggenfogger and Valeera.

i also have VC as my combat ally.

Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei View Post
    Squirl is right, they're not very hard to get. It's worth mentioning that you don't even need to complete the Brawler's Guild to get Meatball, you just need Rank 4 or 5
    You only need to kill the first bear to get the missions to get meatball. I have it on all my alts for gold mission farming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by overdose View Post
    You only need to kill the first bear to get the missions to get meatball. I have it on all my alts for gold mission farming.
    You know, that's not a bad idea! I might just do that on my warlock alt now!

Anyone know which are the best? Currently Using:
    Tess
    Taoshi
    Noggenfogger
    Garona
    VanCleef
    Mathias Shaw

Not sure which one to use as the 7th one.

If you equip Tethys with all that pirate-buffing stuff, he becomes a monster for both long and short missions.

If all else fails, LOUD NOISES!

Now that i can fly im back to garona. Follower flying next to me bugged the hell out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    If you equip Tethys with all that pirate-buffing stuff, he becomes a monster for both long and short missions.

If all else fails, LOUD NOISES!
    Is Meatball seriously so good?

Wondering about Tethys also, with this Boarding Party he can, for sure, be a monster.

I use a setup that gives me 2 of each combat spec and 2 of each ability counter, plus moroes as a wildcard. That is;

Jorach
    Tethys- stacking buffs to the 30% troop on him makes his extremely versatile
    Garona
    voss
    shaw- his mission item can add up to 60% increased chance for those can't miss missions
    vancleef
    moroes- Dinner party invitations are basically the elite troop order hall upgrade option, plus he has 50% bonus to boss's without countering them (thus you can counter with another for the bonus)