• Yes!

9 10.34%
  • No!

78 89.66%
Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Would you kill baby Hitler?

You are teleported in an alternate universe where time ran slower.
    It is the 9th of April 1890. Baby Hitler is almost 1 year old and you are standing next to his crib. The people from the current universe are trying to bring you back. They will do so in 15 minutes.

Would you kill baby Hitler? Why? Why not?

Remember, it is an alternate universe, but that doesn't mean everything is exactly the same, this world's Adolf Hitler might not be the tyrant we know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Didn't we have this thread a few weeks ago?

10+ Year Old Account
    I would not. Even if i knew what he would do, the changes you could make could be very drastic.

The EU could have never come into existence, Germany who was in an economic downturn could have never recovered and we could have had a war over that land. The wars between european nations could have kept coming, the eastern nations could have remained under USSR rule and Stalin since there was no world war could have taken more of Europe over, the US could have used us for a longer war staging ground against communism.

The turns it could have taken, despite how bad the second world war was could have even be much much worse. Assuming we ever have the option to do such things, we should never change anything in the past to fix things, only try to fix in future.

I'd be more interested in seeing what adult Hitler would be like if we got his parents to move to another country when he was a baby.

Other than that temporal integrity must be upheld because any event that happens that didn't happen when Hitler lived you'd be directly responsible for.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would draw a little moustache on him and giggle.

Hitler was not the greatest general and killing him may have given germany a far better general and tactician.

He was good at speaking and rallying the peoole though.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2017-04-09 at 07:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alternate universe Hitler may not make genocide. That being said I'd probably still keep an eye on him during his formative years to make sure he grows up 'normal'. ish.

No. There's no way I could kill a baby, even if it's baby Hitler.

Alternative universe which doesn't effect mine and time moves slower? How slow? Am I literally going to never get caught for anything?If that's the case I'd probably leave baby Adolf in his crib and go see if I can find something interesting to do for 15 minutes and would probably fail since I don't understand Germanese.

I'm not raising a multiverse superhero flag without any superpowers.

Yes, even if things end up for worse it would be interesting to see how the new events unfold.

Those kind of questions are pointless. They lead to nothing and bring nothing.

Please stop with those "what if ?" "would you ?"

Homophobia is so gay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    Those kind of questions are pointless. They lead to nothing and bring nothing.

Please stop with those "what if ?" "would you ?"
    The world would be an incredibly dull place if nobody ever asked "what if?".
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

Someone better might take his place, make less mistakes, let the generals make decisions, etc.

I think there was a plan to kill Hitler but the British stopped it because they'd rather have Hitler than his possibly better replacement.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    No, absolutely not.
    Apart from the fact that I wouldn't kill anyone, and especially not a baby, in general - with your premise he might not even end up being the same person as he was in "our reality". You'd literally kill a baby for the simple possibility of him committing a crime.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Someone better might take his place, make less mistakes, let the generals make decisions, etc.

I think there was a plan to kill Hitler but the British stopped it because they'd rather have Hitler than his possibly better replacement.
    Yep. Operation Foxley. They laid out many plans to kill him such as bombing a train and poisoning but eventually decided that a sniper would be the most successful chance. You are right in the reason it never happened. They were worried about someone better taking his place.

Nope, I'd actually give him sound advice, don't stop the Panzer division's march on Moscow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

10+ Year Old Account
    Kill Hitler and end up with someone even worse. Be the cause of the Darkest Timeline.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    Kill Hitler and end up with someone even worse. Be the cause of the Darkest Timeline.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operat...ey#Prior_plans

Not a myth. As I said preps made and whatnot. But of course it needs a source to back it up as posted above.

15+ Year Old Account
    I am not sure if I could even take adult Hitlers life if I wanted to.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    And risk a worse alternate timeline?

Besides the common "Stalin would start WW2", Germany was full of dark figures during the 1920s and 30s. Hitler was just the charismatic one that managed get there before all the rest.