Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Poll: Majority Support Trump Syrian Strike, Including 83% of Trump Voters

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...rikes-on-syria

About half of Americans support the Trump administration's decision last week to launch a missile strike on a Syrian air base, according to a new poll.

A HuffPost/YouGov survey finds 51 percent of Americans support the president's decision to order the airstrikes in retaliation for a chemical attack last week that killed civilians in northern Syrian.

Thirty-two percent of Americans are opposed to the strikes and 17 percent are uncertain.

Among Trump voters, 83 percent support the president's decision, while just 11 percent oppose it.

About 40 percent of Americans think the strikes were an appropriate response, compared to 25 percent who think they were too aggressive and 10 percent who think they were not aggressive enough.
    Still, only about one-third of Americans though think the airstrikes will be even somewhat likely to deter the future use of chemical weapons.
    Also a key point for those interested about how people view the role in Congress

Forty percent say Congress should have the final authority on such actions, while 35 percent say Trump should. (In 2013, a Pew Research survey found that, by a nearly 2-to-1 margin, Americans believed that Congress should have the final say over then-president Barack Obama.)
    Let this put to rest some foolish idiotic nonsense that the US public isn't willing to back the president in military action if that action is sensical or reasonable. They will. Obama was a pathetic president who had no idea what he was doing.

Another thing to note is that despite what rags like PJW, Alex Jones, Mike Cernovich say they and their pack of fringe lunatics never have and never will represent anything close but a very small minority of Trump voters/supporters.

A point I want to make as a Trump supporter to other supporters: Trump is and will always be ideologically flexible, if you didn't catch that when he went through 3 campaign managers in the campaign you weren't paying attention. If you want ideological purity you should have backed Ted Cruz.

EDIT: Another Poll Came out

http://thehill.com/policy/internatio...-syria-strikes

Fifty-seven percent support the military operation in the CBS News survey out Monday, with that total calling the reported use of deadly gas by Syrian government forces “immoral.”
    Last edited by CostinR; 2017-04-10 at 12:18 PM.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

15+ Year Old Account

infracted - minor spam
    Last edited by Crissi; 2017-04-09 at 11:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    what does that have to do with anything? nice ad hominem btw.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

How was the attack on Syria sensical or reasonable?

And Americans supporting jingoism and strongmanship? I am shocked. Shocked I say.

Of course it was a good decision.

Obama was a pathetic president who had no idea what he was doing
    you simply loose all credibility when you say things like this. By any metric Obama knew what he was doing better than Trump simply due to his longer stint in politics.
    Anything you say after that is just not worth reading

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder how many of those who support Trump's airstrike were opposed to Obama wanting to do the same thing years ago. >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Nobody is surprised by the US acting like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    He is on of MMO-Cs bigger Trump supporters.. somehow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    Obama was a pathetic president who had no idea what he was doing.
    You mean by going through the proper channels when attacking a sovereign nation, i.e. Congress?

10+ Year Old Account
    Possibly the first thing I can get behind and support from Trump. Clever move, which show the weight of the US military, yet without resorting to killing.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    How was the attack on Syria sensical or reasonable?

And Americans supporting jingoism and strongmanship? I am shocked. Shocked I say.
    how wasn't it? if the Intel reports were correct and there were gas containers at that air base then launching a missile strike at their air base makes perfect sense. They also tried to warn everyone to evacuate the air base before bombing it and there were very few causalities. 0 would have been the best number, but you cant always obtain that goal in war.

this is way better than the Yemen raid or any of the other previous bombing runs that killed hundreds of civilians.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    51% in a poll of 1,000 with an error of almost 4% ... I wouldn't say he truly has majority support.

Funny how polls matter only when they favor Trump.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    how wasn't it?
    Because Syria is a sovereign nation that is not at war with the USA? Why bomb them in the first place?

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    how wasn't it? if the Intel reports were correct and there were gas containers at that air base then launching a missile strike at their air base makes perfect sense. They also tried to warn everyone to evacuate the air base before bombing it and there were very few causalities. 0 would have been the best number, but you cant always obtain that goal in war.

this is way better than the Yemen raid or any of the other previous bombing runs that killed hundreds of civilians.
    Because just a little while ago those supporting this action were opposing action in Syria?
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Most of Congress backs Trump too, they'll have to rubber stamp the attack at some point.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Any act of war should be up to congress to decide. This reality that a single person has the capacity and capability to end a thousand lives in an single order is ludicrous.

And the reality? President Obama was bashed and mocked for every military action he took by right wing media and by relation, the voters and followers of right wing politics. To that point, of course military action taken by the military parties "leader" is going to be praised. They think the way they operate the military is more nuanced and professional than Obama, even though they had a 10 year pointless war and now a series missile barrages under their belt.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't one of Trump's selling points being the 'anti-war' candidate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't one of Trump's selling points being the 'anti-war' candidate?
    You're not wrong. The problem is Trump's opinion has shifted and so has the collective opinion of his following because they are of course justified in their own actions.

Remember, America first and clearly Syria second ;rolls eyes;
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    well if you believed his rhetoric it was all over the place, but he was pretty consistent on not getting involved in Syria. but now the neocons are in charge so.... this is where we are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    well if you believed his rhetoric it was all over the place, but he was pretty consistent on not getting involved in Syria. but now the neocons are in charge so.... this is where we are.
    Impossible; neoconservatives are upright pillars of morality that could never be hypocritical or lie. /s
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.