Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The attack was against international law. Americans are a bunch of hipocrites - reaction on a breach of international law by .... breaching the international law without even knowing if it was Assad who supposedly gassed "civilianz".

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    The attack was against international law. Americans are a bunch of hipocrites - reaction on a breach of international law by .... breaching the international law without even knowing if it was Assad who supposedly gassed "civilianz".
    Note, not all Americans are hypocrites. Some of us believe this military action taken against Asaad's regime is fucking utterly pointless. But we of course have no power in the senate, the congress or the administration.

The problem is those in America all too willing to go to war without a reason to go to war.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most Americans have the intelligence of a brick. Arguments from popularity are fallacious by definition.

Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    You mean by going through the proper channels when attacking a sovereign nation, i.e. Congress?
    Going through congress is only a courtesy in this situation. How do people not know this? And if you want to talk about Obama going through proper channels, as you say, do you recall libya?

we already knew el trumpos supporters were the ultimate hypocrites.

Let this put to rest some foolish idiotic nonsense that the US public isn't willing to back the president in military action if that action is sensical or reasonable. They will. Obama was a pathetic president who had no idea what he was doing.
    bullshit, Americans love swigging that military dick around whenever possible. most of the time it just takes a convenient excuse.

"Trump supporter"?
    You're romanian though... Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    "Trump supporter"?
    because he cares so so much about america and whats best for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Because just a little while ago those supporting this action were opposing action in Syria?
    A good term to use in this political situation is status quo. It changed. I personally wanted to show Syria force long ago. I didn't agree with trumps stance during his campaign

7+ Year Old Account
    "Trump supporter"?
    Because what happens in the US has a global impact.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    Because what happens in the US has a global impact.
    Trumps agend has a rather negative impact on the rest of the world however. So again, why?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    because he cares so so much about america and whats best for it.
    No, I don't think he does.

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Because just a little while ago those supporting this action were opposing action in Syria?
    Arent they against putting troops in Syria indefinitely? this was just a targeted air strike at an air base.

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Because Syria is a sovereign nation that is not at war with the USA? Why bomb them in the first place?
    I think this was just a warning against Assad for using chemical weapons on his own civilians, if Trump did nothing he'd look like a coward and Assad would be given free rein to gas anyone he wants to.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Actually it wasn't, and I'll be happy to explain how it was legal if you care to listen. Although I've posted the same reasoning in a couple other threads. This information coming from the center for terrorism law.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaOut View Post
    Going through congress is only a courtesy in this situation.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_Powers_Clause

No, it isn't. Attacking a foreign power is an act of war.

And if you want to talk about Obama going through proper channels, as you say, do you recall libya?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_m...ntion_in_Libya

Libya had to do with our role in NATO. WE ourselves didn't decide to attack Libya like we did with Syria.

Deleted
    Guess the Americans want to help their Terrorists friends. Because that is all that happens when the US gets involved anywere in that region is that new Terrorists groups form in the wake and destruction they leave behind.

7+ Year Old Account
    Trumps agend has a rather negative impact on the rest of the world however. So again, why?
    Pushing NATO countries, including mine, to spend 2% on defense is a VERY positive impact. Taking a restrained stance, and yes this was a restrained strike, on Syria is also good.

A rather negative impact? What precisely are you thinking is negative for the world? If you say climate change I'm laughing: No one takes the US seriously on dealing with climate change.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

Sounds like more fake news.

I really hope that people aren't buying into the shameless war-mongering of the corporate media. When you hear Brian Williams waxing poetic about missiles, well it really makes you think about how corrupt these institutions are.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    Pushing NATO countries, including mine, to spend 2% on defense is a VERY positive impact. Taking a restrained stance, and yes this was a restrained strike, on Syria is also good.
    Right, right. Of course.
    You see, I find it more likely that you just want to pick fights on the forums and post radical topics that you know will get people going.

But maybe I'm just being silly...

Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_Powers_Clause

No, it isn't. Attacking a foreign power is an act of war.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_m...ntion_in_Libya

Libya had to do with our role in NATO. WE ourselves didn't decide to attack Libya like we did with Syria.
    Article 2 of the constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotutha View Post
    Guess the Americans want to help their Terrorists friends. Because that is all that happens when the US gets involved anywere in that region is that new Terrorists groups form in the wake and destruction you leave behind.
    /in Malory Archer's voice: "do you want Jihadis? because this is how you get Jihadis."