Page 70 of 92 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Affliction better with movement? Are u serious?
    Yes, I am.

All demo damage barring doom (~20% of your total damage) comes from hardcasts that then need to be empowered. Pets for pets, you got felguard to affliction's supremacy doomguard.

Afflictions second top damage source is Agony, an instant cast. Following that, it's corruption and siphon life. Even if movement forces you to not MG a couple of UA's, it's still more damage on the move than getting off a hand of gul'dan and not being able to empower it due to being forced to move/interrupted.

What the fuck do you have for mobility as demo, the pathetic Demonwrath?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    Yes, I am.

All demo damage barring doom (~20% of your total damage) comes from hardcasts that then need to be empowered. Pets for pets, you got felguard to affliction's supremacy doomguard.

Afflictions second top damage source is Agony, an instant cast. Following that, it's corruption and siphon life. Even if movement forces you to not MG a couple of UA's, it's still more damage on the move than getting off a hand of gul'dan and not being able to empower it due to being forced to move/interrupted.

Most aff locks these days play MG over WiA. Movement fucks that hard.

Yes, I am.

Demonwrath is better than nothing. Affliction is around channeling Drain Soul, and the new traits go on that lane. If you cant channel, ur dps is shit. Is that better than demo? Just lol

Demonwrath is better than nothing. Affliction is around channeling Drain Soul, and the new traits go on that lane. If you cant channel, ur dps is shit. Is that better than demo? Just lol
    It is better than Demonwrath, yes. Corruption, UA, siphon life, and Agony do more damage than Demonwrath even without Malefic Grasp.

How fucking hard is it to get that. It's almost like you think Demonwrath+Doom does the damage of Agony, Corruption, and Siphon Life combined, which would be pretty fucking dumb to say.

It is better than Demonwrath, yes. Corruption, UA, siphon life, and Agony do more damage than Demonwrath even without Malefic Grasp.

How fucking hard is it to get that. It's almost like you think Demonwrath+Doom does the damage of Agony, Corruption, and Siphon Life combined, which would be pretty fucking dumb to say.
    Demons still attack when u move. While moving u can renew doom, tap and in case u need more, DW. I usually cant do anything else than tap and doom.

Demonology dmg isnt 100% reliant to be channeling a spell. Each second u cant channel as affli, u strike like a wet noodle.

At the moment all three specs suffer a lot from movement intense fight.

Affliction is better for some of the fights and Demo is better on others although you don't see much Demo warlocks topping the charts in mythic raiding while there's a bunch of Affliction warlock and the main reason is that Affliction is more versatile overall.

Demo has poor aoe/cleave compared to Affliction and 95% of bosses needs you to multi-target/cleave/burst swap targets.

Demo excels only at ST and demonwrath does nothing in raids because imps are being spawned outside the range of bosses most of the time and/or tanks need to move boss away so it's only a waste of mana to cast it on many fights.

Sure there are fights like spellblade/skorpykron/Hight Botanist where there are so many adds that you are bound to hit them anyway but Affliction's aoe is still better.

Demons still attack when u move. While moving u can renew doom, tap and in case u need more, DW. I usually cant do anything else than tap and doom.

Demonology dmg isnt 100% reliant to be channeling a spell. Each second u cant channel as affli, u strike like a wet noodle.
    OMG, any moment you are not hardcasting, you are not generating more demons. It's like saying that because you can have unstable affliction active while moving, you are not losing much by movement.

While you are moving, you are not generating further sources of damage. In this case, demo sources of damage are lopsidedly generated by hardcasts. So you can life tap while moving, big fucking deal. So can affliction and destro.

Affliction damage isn't 100% reliant on channeling a spell. The spec existed before Malefic Grasp, and it performed fine with WiA in Emerald Nightmare overall (in fact, it was the best performing warlock spec overall). You are not doing zero damage while moving; you're just not empowering dots on a single target by 70% (at the expense of agony not ramping up more stacks and doing less multidot damage because you need to tunnel a single target).

No, again, no, you are not reliant on channeling drain soul to do damage as affliction. Unempowered agony, siphon life, and corruption will still do more damage on the move than doom and demonwrath.

I can't believe I'm having a debate where someone is telling me the pet spec that amounts to short lived dots generated by hard casts upon further hardcasts to empower is better at movement than the spec whose 60% of damage sources are instant cast and do damage while moving and regardless of casting.

Affliction didn't come into existence with malefic grasp. It just became a single target DPS monster on top with it. It was already a good multidot and aoe spec, the best one of the warlock specs.
    Last edited by Lucrece; 2017-04-09 at 11:30 PM.

Deleted
    All this converastion about specs superioroirty is pointless. Just watch the logs u can see there perfectly how each spec perferomns on diffent fights. Im Maining Demo(44 Traits) but on Elisande progres im playing destro (39 traits) for simple reason. lots of movment and demo spec is the 1 that losses the moust of all specs on movment, and poor cleav.

That's why I love my legendary boots. Although... it makes me feel bad when I have to life tap.

Homophobia is so gay.

Got the jaws trait ready for raid tonight and by simming a bit and found my new best talent setup I'm very impressed by the stat scaling on it, should be a very strong spec at higher ilvls and might push us to be a top ST.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorixis View Post
    Got the jaws trait ready for raid tonight and by simming a bit and found my new best talent setup I'm very impressed by the stat scaling on it, should be a very strong spec at higher ilvls and might push us to be a top ST.

How do you find hard casting Doom every time? I personally stick with HoD because of the QoL it brings. But Power Trip will always sim higher.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Galbatroix View Post
    How do you find hard casting Doom every time? I personally stick with HoD because of the QoL it brings. But Power Trip will always sim higher.
    Boring at the beginning but when you get used to it is fine, you'll have an eye on it pretty much always and that means you'll never be overcapped with shards.
    BTW Power trip does not only sim higher it also synergizes well with soul conduit and thalkiel ascendance, increasing your ST damage even more.

I actually found it kinda nice to cast doom, allows you to reposition, and the increased manacost on shadowbolt vs demonbolt also forces you to lifetap more which again gives you more mobility, so overall I liked having the bigger imp packs and I'm looking forward to pick up tier legs so I can try out the legendary helm with this new talent setup which is spending a lot more soul shards than the old one.

guess that jaws of shadow nerf was incoming, just when i started to dump ap into my demo weapon too.

Deleted
    Guys i've some question that i've never found out the true answer:

1) When i watch for some simcraft i see some strange things:
    People put a combo GoServ + Doomguard + Dreadstalkers, is it really the best to do? Are you sure that not buffing directly the doomguard right after his summoning won't diminish his damages? (I personnaly only combo GoServ + Doomguard, is it really an error?)

2) When we pull a boss fight, i personnaly try to activate Demonic calling with some shadowbolt, in order to try to make a big TKC. In fact i summon GoServ + DG, then i shadowbolt till 5/5 shard and hope for a proc of demonic calling.
    What is the reason to not trying to make a full damage TKC? Does the only thing that matters is to make that spell on cooldown the faster way possible on the first launch?

3) I've also another question related to TKC, i don't how long time can i delay it in order to wait for a GoServ or Doomguard's CD up?

So stupid to nerf jaws of shadow, the very least they could do after that is make dreadstalkers apply it to any target they switch....

Unbelievable the nerf.

7+ Year Old Account
    Why this nerf? WHY? Now Jaws of Shadow is worst than additional node on Infernal Furnace.... its a joke? 1st april?

Quote Originally Posted by deflomick View Post
    Why this nerf? WHY? Now Jaws of Shadow is worst than additional node on Infernal Furnace.... its a joke? 1st april?
    It is really? I'm about to hit level which gives me choice between JoS and IF. Fuck this game, the moment I started play demo in this expansion I made a real mistake ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Deleted
    Nerf is directed against the insane demo scaling in ToS, not the damage we deal in current raid.