Page 49 of 57 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grozak View Post
    If guns wasnt so accessible in USA would there be so many school shootings
    Nope, which is why I support more restriction on them. It's a retarded idea that anyone should be able to obtain a gun.
    Last edited by Nitro Fun; 2017-04-09 at 08:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Njorun View Post
    You're free to engage in fact denialism but your denial does not make me a liar.
    Fact is not denial. You trying to sit on a gaming forum spreading lies is pure denial and will be called out for

Sweden is doing great, even with your best effort trying to ruin the country

Now I wish you a great evening, I feel sorry for you being afraid all the time

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grozak View Post
    Fact is not denial. You trying to sit on a gaming forum spreading lies is pure denial and will be called out for

Sweden is doing great, even with your best effort trying to ruin the country

Now I wish you a great evening, I feel sorry for you being afraid all the time
    I haven't spread any lies just because you don't adhere to reality and instead rely on ideological demagogism.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    "There are no terrorists coming as "refugees" into your country" they said. They were wrong again.

When will people wake up and fight for europe? Take it into your own hands and protect your homes.
    Oh man, you should've seen the swedish media! ”Är alla nu alltså till slut på det klara med att SD och IS utgör exakt samma hot med intill förvillelse identiska mål och ideal?” - roughly about "Do you all understand now that SD (Sweden Democrats, The only political group who were worried about this and warned about this immigration problem before it even was an issue) and IS is commiting the same kind of threat with their similar goals and beliefs?"

They just randomly said that!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    Oh man, you should've seen the swedish media! ”Är alla nu alltså till slut på det klara med att SD och IS utgör exakt samma hot med intill förvillelse identiska mål och ideal?” - roughly about "Do you all understand now that SD (Sweden Democrats, The only political group who were worried about this and warned about this immigration problem before it even was an issue) and IS is commiting the same kind of threat with their similar goals and beliefs?"

TIL: One person is swedish media.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post

Who said that? Sounds like a nutcase. They do share the goal to incite fear though to reach their goals. But that comparison was just stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Ipeen View Post
    Just to put it in perspective, it's about 20 times as likely to be struck and killed by lightning.
    Wrong.

Just to put it in perspective - lightning does not kill 20 times as many as terrorism in Europe in 2016 (certainly not for western Europe) - it was hard to find reliable statistics, but it seems that lightning even kills less than terrorism.

The reason is two-fold - we have moved to cities (the lightning strikes the highest point - a building - not a human), and we try to reduce it in various ways - and in general try to avoid all easily avoidable deaths.

Here is some data: http://www.lightningsafety.com/nlsi_...tatistics.html but the deaths are so rare that it is difficult to find reliable statistics. Thus a number of thunderstorms causing one death in Europe is actually newsworthy for BBC: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-36405482

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Fun View Post
    If there were no muslims in europe, would there still be as many terror attacks by muslims?
    Deport every muslim, brilliant idea. Any other authoritarian move you want to add?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Deport every muslim, brilliant idea. Any other authoritarian move you want to add?
    You said it's not an imported problem. It is very much so an imported problem.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    The reason is two-fold - we have moved to cities (the lightning strikes the highest point - a building - not a human), and we try to reduce it in various ways - and in general try to avoid all easily avoidable deaths.
    Well unless you are unlucky, and the next building just happens to be far enough away. I think it's roughly like, you shouldn't be the highest point within 30 meters.

- - - Updated - - -

You said it's not an imported problem. It is very much so an imported problem.
    I said this form of terrorism (severed bodys, using means to incite terror with explosives and some such) isn't imported. Also muslims aren't new to this continent, they've lived here for quite some time.
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Not at all. It's rational. You have to be stupid to not be afraid of it.
    I have a vastly greater chance of being hit by lightning than being killed in a terrorist attack. So do you. Do you piss yourself like a little child any time it rains? I doubt it. It's completely stupid and irrational to walk around with a day to day fear that today is the day a terrorist strike you! It's a controversy used to generate ad revenues for news agencies and a tool for politicians to manipulate scared sheep worried the "other" boogeyman is always out to get them.

Either way at least in America you're more likely to die to a domestic terorrist attack than an Islamist one. And we are better at stopping the Islamist one before casualties occur. It's a problem we should take precautions against but it is not the plague on western civilization zealots like you act like it is.

Do you own a gun? You're also more likely to use that gun in yourself or a family member than an intruder or die in a terrorist attack!
    Last edited by shimerra; 2017-04-09 at 10:04 PM.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    More people are killed by livestock. We gonna panic and ban cows?
    Are more people killed by livestock accidents in Europe than by terrorism?

In the US it seems that they have about 20 fatal cattle accidents per year (and 400 other farm deaths); so it seems very likely that terrorism also kill more than cattle in the Europe. And, yes, there are people working on further reducing the deaths by cows as well - e.g. special rules stating that extra caution shall be taken when bulls are wandering around the cows.

- - - Updated - - -

Well unless you are unlucky, and the next building just happens to be far enough away. I think it's roughly like, you shouldn't be the highest point within 30 meters.
    That is not unlucky - you should have gone inside (or in a car) when you heard or saw lightning.

So - even if lightning kills less than terrorism - we still work on reducing the deaths by lightning, and people (such as you) know some of the basics of not getting killed by them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    I have a vastly greater chance of being hit by lightning than being killed in a terrorist attack. So do you.
    Except the actual statistics indicate that the risk of being killed by terrorist attacks is higher (or at least similar) to that being killed by lightning (on average - so for many the risk of being killed by terrorist attacks is vastly higher).

Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    Do you piss yourself like a little child any time it rains?
    I don't go out in open fields in thunderstorms - not being scared senseless, but taking a sensible precaution.

Also the "what about far right/christianity/whatever?" usually comes because of some stupid post about how there is only islamic terrorism and nothing else.
    Where are those posts? I haven't seen them.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Deleted
    Are more people killed by livestock accidents in Europe than by terrorism?

In the US it seems that they have about 20 fatal cattle accidents per year (and 400 other farm deaths); so it seems very likely that terrorism also kill more than cattle in the Europe. And, yes, there are people working on further reducing the deaths by cows as well - e.g. special rules stating that extra caution shall be taken when bulls are wandering around the cows.
    How many that die in work related accidents in Sweden.
    https://www.av.se/arbetsmiljoarbete-...kor-i-arbetet/

Farm related workplace injuries in Sweden, for instance no one died in 2013
    https://www.av.se/produktion-industr...inom-jordbruk/
    Last edited by mmocbf3af6dcb2; 2017-04-09 at 11:05 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    That is not unlucky - you should have gone inside (or in a car) when you heard or saw lightning.

So - even if lightning kills less than terrorism - we still work on reducing the deaths by lightning, and people (such as you) know some of the basics of not getting killed by them.
    And we are also working on reducing deaths from terrorism and a good amount of other sources. Part of the problem with the fear for terrorism is owed to click bait news that really don't give a fuck about what they write and how much truth is in it.

An asshole killing someone - just a side note.
    An asshole killing someone and screaming alahu akbar - islamic terrorism full coverage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    Where are those posts? I haven't seen them.
    They are even in this very thread.

They are even in this very thread.
    Can you show me?

Deleted
    Wrong.

Just to put it in perspective - lightning does not kill 20 times as many as terrorism in Europe in 2016 (certainly not for western Europe) - it was hard to find reliable statistics, but it seems that lightning even kills less than terrorism.

Here is some data: http://www.lightningsafety.com/nlsi_...tatistics.html but the deaths are so rare that it is difficult to find reliable statistics. Thus a number of thunderstorms causing one death in Europe is actually newsworthy for BBC: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-36405482
    Fair enough, I looked at a world-wide statistic. But you are probably right about Europe, there's not as many and severe thunderstorms here, and we are quite urban. The point still stands though, the fear being drummed up is irrational and dangerous.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    Can you show me?
    Just read Njoruns posts, they are all over the thread.

Oh look another attack and by page 52 the denial kicks in again. The left never surprise me lol.

7+ Year Old Account
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...n-PM-says.html

Sweden will 'never go back' to the days of mass immigration after failed asylum seeker launched Friday's truck attack in Stockholm, says the country's shell-shocked PM

The Prime Minister of Sweden has vowed his country will 'never go back' to recent levels of mass immigration after it emerged the terrorist who killed four people in a truck attack was a failed asylum seeker.

Stefan Löfven pledged to change his country's liberal attitude, insisting the massive influx allowed during the 2015 migrant crisis would never happen again.

Rakhmat Akilov, from Uzbekistan, hijacked the lorry and deliberately drove into pedestrians on central Stockholm's main shopping street on Friday afternoon.

One thing that almost made me laugh was this part:

'This makes me feel enormously frustrated. If you have been denied a visa you are supposed to leave the country.'

Did this man live in an alternate reality prior to becoming PM where everyone did what they are supposed to do? How stupid can you be and still be a politician there?

Quote Originally Posted by Ipeen View Post
    Just read Njoruns posts, they are all over the thread.
    Then show me.