Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    It's effective, if ignored people simply leave you alone on the Internet if they cannot get any reaction from you, they feed from your distress, if you simply don't give a flying fuck, then they seek another victim to bother. Blocking/Ignoring is a very effective way to deal with online bullies. Fighting back might work too, but I would advise against it, just simply never-ever react and they will surely leave you alone since you are not an interesting target.

This doesn't work for real life however where you cannot hide what you actually feel and where people can actually follow you and bother you on the strangest places. Punching is dumb advice, most kids that get bullied are weak, if they were the strong type others wouldn't try bullying them. Paying somebody to beat another is yet another stupid piece of advice, anything that could cause retaliation is stupid. Best IMO is to tell your parents and even the police.

But online? Nope, don't get triggered, don't respond, don't argue, don't try to communicate in any way, just close all paths to you down and mind your own stuff.
    They went to school together, it didn't just happen online.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

Quote Originally Posted by Bing Bong View Post
    So what's the point of your story? Get martial arts training and beat the fuck out of your bullies? Sounds like good advice. People always say that you need to fight back.
    Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, but yes I'd give my child the same training as I had at that age in case anything like that happened to them. I'd rather them know it and not need it, that not know it and need it. Don't get me wrong violence isn't the answer and I'm not trying to justify what I did, but I went home every day with a smile past my parents until I got to my room then sat in a wallow of self pity and gaming. I'm 100% for anyone fighting back.

To do a TLR example, I had a student go through the same, parents and teachers knew it was going on, didn't do shit, she knocked the bully out in one hit, she never had a problem since.

So how does anything about your story contradict what the guy you quoted said? People need to learn not to give a fuck. If you kill yourself because of vulgar words online, you're not gonna make it very far in this world.
    I went off topic a little bit, there are times when tuning it out works, and sometimes that's not an option. Regardless which it falls under, my point stands no one should have to turn their phone off and the likes to escape it.

I didn't mean to come across as debating what he said, I just think it wasn't as clear cut as he made out. Going back to me, I told my old man about being unconscious ( I didn't have a phone at that age, I missed my stop, ended up in the next town searching fanatically for a shop keeper who would let me phone home, while my old man thought I missed the bus and was searching the other town for me).

If we had an option in school to learn about not giving a fuck, that would have been great. but we didn't and I don't know any school which offers anything like that. Children need to be taught it, not just assumed they have a natural thick skin. Some people do and some people don't, I have no shame in admitting I was one of those under the don't category.

I mean maybe she just wanted attention, who knows. A lot of people who try to kill themselves don't actually wanna die, they want their suicide attempt to fail so that people start giving them attention.
    Maybe she didn't, maybe she did. Maybe it was a cry for attention in relation to getting help, maybe it wasn't. Personally I'd rather not speculate about a suicidal person going through with it, then branding them as an attention seeker

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    It's still a crime so I'm not sure what your point is.
    That assaulting your bully is better then killing yourself. Especially at 14, since its generally over looked ans if the girl beats up the guy, you better beleive that guys going to be the new victim of bullying lol
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Bet this bully has some prize parents. I feel only corporal punishment could help here.
    I mean, the girl must have had some pretty shit parents too if she was raised so weak that words over the internet caused her to commit suicide.

Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    So then get the kid to hit you and profit. But I also find it hilarious you guys can tote guns around but fighting between kids is death penalty material.

Some "fascinating" people here.
    Well, what can I say, learn about human psychology and pray that the same does not happen to anyone you might care about. I wonder, would you all be so macho if your kids killed themselves? Sister? Anyone else? xD

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Ignoring people is less effective than you might think and as long as someone thinks they smell blood, often for no particular reason at all, they'll persist. I've known more than a few people who basically took the lack of feedback as a sign that they had won, and it propelled them forward just as effectively as an emotional six paragraph rant would have. Blocking someone online is no different than trying to walk away in real life. It only works if the other person lets it work.
    You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. Ignoring someone might not always be the best solution in the real world but that's where violence comes in. Most people won't bother you again after you prove to them you're not a pushover. Online, however, there's literally nothing a person can do if you block them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Some "fascinating" people here.
    Well, what can I say, learn about human psychology and pray that the same does not happen to anyone you might care about. I wonder, would you all be so macho if your kids killed themselves? Sister? Anyone else? xD
    Yes. If they're that pathetic that they let someone else dig so far under their skin that it causes them to take their own life then I'm happy to be rid of them.

Those aren't the only two options though. So again, what's your point?
    That assaulting your bully is better then killing yourself. Especially at 14, since its generally over looked ans if the girl beats up the guy, you better believe that guys going to be the new victim of bullying lol

there typed it out for you again...not sure why but it seemed you need my answer a second time.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    That assaulting your bully is better then killing yourself. Especially at 14, since its generally over looked ans if the girl beats up the guy, you better believe that guys going to be the new victim of bullying lol

there typed it out for you again...not sure why but it seemed you need my answer a second time.
    It was a 14 year old girl. She wouldn't get far...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    agreed he'd should be charge for manslaughter, since he was too young he should be taken into prison
    FTFY, age shouldn't matter regarding murder.

So you don't understand the difference between legally carrying a gun, self defense, and actual assault?
    "Assault." "9th grade." "Lol."

It takes like two minutes to make a new account.
    It takes less time than that to block them again.

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    It was a 14 year old girl. She wouldn't get far...
    Depends on her willingness and the size of the dude. you could be right, But at that age some girls are larger then guys.

Given its his second offense, there should be criminal charges filed. Criminally negligent homicide perhaps would be ideal for him, and charge his parents with contributing to the delinquency of a minor because this is his second time doing this so they are aware of his cyber bullying and did not stop it.

There should be some sort of law that protects minors from this type of behavior, if a person takes cyber-bulling to far they should by law not be allowed a cell phone or social media access till they are 18 and if they get caught with it while under this punishment extend it to 21.

It's like you people don't even bothering reading the entire story.

What are you getting at, the fact it was a text, not the internet? Its the same shit. Its words sent electronically. Regardless, if they are a problem, block them, move on with your life.

You people saying he should be given criminal charges are retarded. He did nothing criminal. Does he need guidance, repercussions for his actions? Yeah, for sure. Something's going on that he feels the need to harass someone so much, but he didn't kill her. She took her own life.
    Last edited by analmoose; 2017-04-09 at 11:47 PM.

So you only read the part you put in bold? Why do you think those are the only two options?
    I dont, just saying what id choose, since we all just spouting our opinions, and the option she chose.

One of those things I'll never understand.

So you just expect this person to have to keep blocking them over and over and over and over? That will in and of itself be an effective form of harassment.
    Yes? It takes virtually no time at all and eventually they will get bored and move on to someone else.

So you just expect this person to have to keep blocking them over and over and over and over? That will in and of itself be an effective form of harassment.
    It was text. Block his number, whats he gonna do, keep getting new phone numbers? Add you on FB? Don't accept. Don't make it into mental gymnastics, its not hard to avoid people on the internet if you don't want to be bothered. You can't just inject yourself into peoples friends lists on almost any app, you need to be accepted

- - - Updated - - -

They go to the same school. Try reading harder next time.
    then its not CYBER bullying is it? You read harder, brah

I'm not sure how that's relevant to what the laws are.

- - - Updated - - -

So, you'd choose to commit a crime. You're as bad as the bully.
    Yeah and going a few miles over the speed limit is the same as hitting some one with a car! I hope you live the perfect life you expect others to live, you deserve it.