Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    But he didn't introduce any armed forces. There were no boots on the ground. He launched a missile at a targeted location that is the origin of a chemical attack that was against international law.
    You're not seeing the forest for the trees dude. He launched 59 missiles into a foreign country and hit that country's military base. That is literally introducing an armed force and is an act of war. You don't have to have boots on the ground to be at war with someone.

And just because Syria is in violation of international agreements doesn't mean Trump gets a free pass to do as he pleases.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not striking the Syrian airbase essentially ratifies the use of chemical weapons.

It has my full support
    Me not that kind of Orc!

10+ Year Old Account
    The kind of people supporting this are the type of goons who willfully become wage slaves to credit cards before falling into more unsavory company. A military strike to demonstrate that certain actions should absolutely not be tolerated is a good thing, like 50 dollars back if you spend 2000 on your new card. But it was done with limited risk assessment and no formation of a long term strategy. That the Pentagon appears to be supportive of this demonstrates that this sort of intervention is something g they can buy into, but the manner by which it was carried out screams of scoring political points first and assessing the fallout later.

Well, at least we didn't get War Hawk Hillary who would have continued our disastrous track record of middle-east intervention, right guys?!

Well, at least polls aren't fake when they tell us what we want to hear, right guys?!

I don't think this shit could be more pathetic if it was being written for some crappy sitcom.

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Because Syria is a sovereign nation that is not at war with the USA? Why bomb them in the first place?
    We're not all spineless and help the helpless. Go find your safe space and have a good cry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't one of Trump's selling points being the 'anti-war' candidate?
    Who fucking knows. The man shiftd views like the weather.

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I question the validity of that poll, considering that the vast majority of the corporate media is pushing for war, while many of Trumps most vocal supporters have strongly condemned intervention in Syria.

You have organizations like CNN repeating tweets from a supposed 7 year old Syrian girl who is spouting Neocon talking points in perfect English. How people believe any of this pro-war propaganda is beyond me, and I think that it is very likely (considering that so many people no longer trust the corporate media) that more people now than ever do see through the propaganda.
    People have always believed pro-war propaganda. It is also Trump's best way to win reelection in 2020. Just deal with the fact that there will be more of these kinds of missions over the next 8 years, and they will generally increase support for Trump each time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly View Post
    We're not all spineless and help the helpless. Go find your safe space and have a good cry.
    Uh, how does bombing an airfield that was made operational again in less than 24 hours "help the helpless".

Especially considering legitimate refugees aren't welcome in the U.S.

Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly View Post
    Trump's permanent Syrian refugee ban says hi.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Trump's permanent Syrian refugee ban says hi.
    Maybe he didn't include Trump in the "not spineless and helping the helpless" category.

7+ Year Old Account
    I disagree with it. The solution to violence is not more violence.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomislav View Post
    I disagree with it. The solution to violence is not more violence.
    Often the solution to violence is war... in our world.

Here though I feel it's just fucking stupid Syria is done... there is nothing we can fucking do. It's a fucking civil war for fuck sakes! No matter what we do, no matter which side gets power there will be war there will be fighting So why the fuck are we involved in a civil war?

Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    You're not seeing the forest for the trees dude. He launched 59 missiles into a foreign country and hit that country's military base. That is literally introducing an armed force and is an act of war. You don't have to have boots on the ground to be at war with someone.

And just because Syria is in violation of international agreements doesn't mean Trump gets a free pass to do as he pleases.
    where were you 2.5 years ago? you could have told O-bomb-A that bombing ISIL targets in Syria would be considered an act of war. I'm sure that would have solved the whole lets not drop 12,000 bombs on Syria debate.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't one of Trump's selling points being the 'anti-war' candidate?
    Nah, he's "gonna bomb the shit out of them". Whoever 'them' is and whenever he feels like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    where were you 2.5 years ago? you could have told O-bomb-A that bombing ISIL targets in Syria would be considered an act of war. I'm sure that would have solved the whole lets not drop 12,000 bombs on Syria debate.
    Intent is everything.....

I'd like to know what % of those polled know the difference between Syria & ISIS.

Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    Intent is everything.....
    Assad gassed innocent civilians, Trump bombs the military base and destroys the gas canisters used to gas civilians. It seems like his intent to stop Assad from gassing more civilians was pretty clear.

Assad gassed innocent civilians, Trump bombs the military base and destroys the gas canisters used to gas civilians. It seems like his intent to stop Assad from gassing more civilians was pretty clear.
    WOAH, breaking news? Trump destroyed the chemical weapons. How comes no one is reporting that? Seems made up

I don't even like Trump and I'd lean support on the strike AS LONG AS it's a one off strike, or he only strikes again if Assad uses chemical weapons again since he kind of has to now. So the polling means very little. I'm pretty sure realdonaldtrump tweeted back in 2012 that the only reason Obama was launching missiles into Libya was because his approval ratings were down and Trump's job approval is currently at 35, 36% maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    I'd like to know what % of those polled know the difference between Syria & ISIS.
    I'd like to see a poll of those that support this strike that also know Trump has been bombing Assad's enemies inside Syria. And a poll of those that support the strike that also know Trump has been bombing Yemen. How many support America/Saudi Arabias war in Yemen. And for good measure how many support that President Trump has allegedly killed thousands of civilians via drone and airstrikes since taken office, bombing at a much higher pace then his predecessor.

Deleted
    Several european newspapers independently wrote something along the lines of 'a good day to be a terrorist in Syria' on the day of the attacks. Even as a general proponent of a 'bomb early, bomb often' doctrine when it comes to the middle east and conceding that gassing children is no bueno, this was an attack on a bad guy who is fighting worse guys and it was based on limited data.

Deleted
    That's pretty ground breaking news you've got. Assad carried out the attack and trump destroyed the gas canisters. I'm impressed. Do name your sources please.