Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quest Rogue is powerful, but already it has shown itself to not be unbeatable. They are usually pretty slow in the first 5-6 turns, so if you can keep the pressure up on the board and maintain control of it, you have a good chance of winning. Certain control decks can also deal with them succesfully.

And on the subject of having quest cards, every class has viable decks that don't use quests, many of them even have decks that are very similar except they use less cards to build towards the quest and focus on other things.

If you want to get far in ranked without epics or legendaries, you can do that with a solid budget deck and skills to go with it. As has been mentioned, zoolock and hunter probably have the most success with budget decks.
    Last edited by Arrowstormen; 2017-04-09 at 05:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XenonSalbeira View Post
    So after Rank 20 you basically have a 75% chance to battle someone using a quest and I have not found a deck yet that could beat one doing it using no quest. What decks are there now, using no Epics and no Legendaries that can actually compete seriously?
    People have mentioned Pirate Warrior and Discard lock, but Pirate Warrior will usually feature Patches (a legendary) and if you search for Discardlock right now chances are that you find the Quest version with 2 legendaries in it.

Here's versions of both those decks without dust heavy cost that can beat anything:

Pirate Warrior: http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/788025-budget-pirate

Discard Zoolock: http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/79105...cardlock-guide

Especially the last one warms my evil warlock heart. It's better than the Quest version Discard lock!

Quote Originally Posted by Dannyl View Post
    Haha! Rogue finished his quest on T5 and the next turn took off ~83% of his opponent's HP, and this he calls bad. You're a funny guy.
    Being able to do 83% of my HP by turn 6 is not impressive my man. I mean I won. I did 100% of his HP in the same amount of time. I guess Flame Imp should be nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    People have mentioned Pirate Warrior and Discard lock, but Pirate Warrior will usually feature Patches (a legendary) and if you search for Discardlock right now chances are that you find the Quest version with 2 legendaries in it.
    The quest version is worse than the non-quest list and I'm pretty sure people are figuring this out. I don't even play the other legendary in my list, it's hardly necessary. Also almost anyone who has been playing Hearthstone for the last six months has crafted Patches. Pirate and Discard with nothing new in them at all absolutely clean the fuck up currently.
    Last edited by Mahourai; 2017-04-09 at 05:54 AM.

Im still at a low rank so its not representative, but so far it seems like the cheesy decks are still pretty strong. Pirate Warrior or some jade agro decks always beat me when i do my quest. The point where i get 6/6 buffs for my quest on my minions is still years ahead when im dead in turn 5-6.

But imo just enjoy the game atm, in 2 weeks 80% of the decks will be faceroller netdecks and then you can forget your own decks anyway to be succesful. So far i had a good time in HS, as always within the first few days of an expansion. For me its the coolest time to play.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahourai View Post
    Being able to do 83% of my HP by turn 6 is not impressive my man. I mean I won. I did 100% of his HP in the same amount of time. I guess Flame Imp should be nerfed.
    On the back of a single card it's not so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by XenonSalbeira View Post
    So after Rank 20 you basically have a 75% chance to battle someone using a quest and I have not found a deck yet that could beat one doing it using no quest. What decks are there now, using no Epics and no Legendaries that can actually compete seriously?
    Limiting yourself to hard rules like 'no epics or legs' is a bad way to enjoy any card game. The point of having powerful cards like the new quest cards is so that you feel compelled to acquire them for your decks. If they sucked, would you really want them? Why would the devs put them into the game at that point?

Aside from the obvious 'if you can't beat them, join them' response, deck building is always about countering the meta. Most of these quest cards are not that good in practice. You're being forced to play a gimmick deck that sacrifices stability and longevity for power that isn't even that versatile. Shaman quest? Aren't there already a ton of great murlocs? Druid quest? Isn't your opponent dead yet after playing that many 5 attack minions? Oh but the rogue quest is op! Why don't you kill him while he's fishing for bounce cards?

For the most part, these are 'win-more' cards. They don't exist in a vacuum as stand alone power, you have to build a deck around them to make them work at all and they take several turns to activate. At that point you should have already won by playing other, better cards.

If you can't find a viable deck without using quests, this is the wrong game for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Baeloro View Post

For the most part, these are 'win-more' cards. They don't exist in a vacuum as stand alone power, you have to build a deck around them to make them work at all and they take several turns to activate. At that point you should have already won by playing other, better cards.
    Can't agree with this opinion.

First expansion I havent invest money into, so I have to do much farming.

Never invested much in Aggro decks, but this is also a first for me, and it is quite rewarding to beat these Rogue & Mage quests by turn 5-7.

Bittertide Hydra has helped win me games much more than I expected.

Dinomancy leans more towards control, but is very beneficial if going against another Aggro Decks

Snake Trap for unexpected surprise to your opponents while giving synergy
    Last edited by Nanaboostme; 2017-04-09 at 07:14 PM.

Freeze mage is good this round ... throw in some counter spell secrets and you have a good chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Drungan View Post
    Freeze mage is good this round ... throw in some counter spell secrets and you have a good chance.
    You mean Quest Mage?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonkaden View Post
    Id bet you're wrong. The Rogue quest deck is pretty much impossible to counter. If they get a fire fly it's GG at turn 4 99/100 times. On turn 5 Its 20-25 damage at the very least incoming. There isn't enough agro in the game to deal with that at turn 4-5. Period. 5/5 was an idiotic design decision. There is no AoE board clear available for most classes.

Paladin - equal/consecrate on turn 6... that's cool. Next turn for them is 4-5 more 5/5 cards played.

Mage - must have spell damage card + flamestrike on turn 7. Then see next turn above.

Warrior - brawl. Next turn see paladin.

It's absurdly broken. They need to hotfix in a solution asap. This quest and the warrior one are broke as fuck rightnow.
    Quest Rogue only wins with the right draw. If you don't mulligan the right cards, you are fucked. Win rates are more consistent with Quest Hunter because it's honestly one of the easiest quests to do just because you can cheese it with cheap ass cards.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    You mean Quest Mage?
    Quest Mage sucks relative to other Quest decks, not enough removal and the cost of playing cards that are drawn by minions can often be too high to get the quest done quickly. Quest Rogue can have it done in 5 turns or less depending on card draw, while it's hard to remove those minions and have any form of board or removal left by the time you get your quest done as a Mage unless you get amazing draw early on and can get extra Frost Nova's/Blizzard's from Cabalist's Tome and Babbling Book. Quest Rogue uses some Charge, which makes countering it more challenging I have found.

Budget Elemental Shaman is pretty good against Rogue. As long as you have the new neutral Fire Elemental you don't absolutely have to have the legendary Elemental, and most of the decent ones are rare or lower. Go face whenever possible, make tempo plays as needed and they sit there looking bad.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thenconfuciussaid View Post
    First expansion I havent invest money into, so I have to do much farming.

Never invested much in Aggro decks, but this is also a first for me, and it is quite rewarding to beat these Rogue & Mage quests by turn 5-7.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/n2W8tNL.png[IMG]

Bittertide Hydra has helped win me games much more than I expected.

Dinomancy leans more towards control, but is very beneficial if going against another Aggro Decks

Snake Trap for unexpected surprise to your opponents while giving synergy
    There's literally zero draw in that deck. How's it working out so far, aren't you running out of steam often?
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    There's literally zero draw in that deck. How's it working out so far, aren't you running out of steam often?
    You dont need draws in your deck if you're going to finish your opponents off before turn 10. I use to have tracking rather than the secret, but I found it not being a requirement. Beast Synergy with the New Hero Power & Adapt Mechanics is key. Snake trap pairs with the hero power, and is a guarantee if Knife Juggler is the only on board and is attacked.
    Last edited by Nanaboostme; 2017-04-10 at 06:26 AM.

Quest Rogue is powerful, but already it has shown itself to not be unbeatable. They are usually pretty slow in the first 5-6 turns, so if you can keep the pressure up on the board and maintain control of it, you have a good chance of winning. Certain control decks can also deal with them succesfully.
    I'm crushing them with a basic zoo deck with like 3 cards changed. By turn 5 I have like 10/5 darkshire councilman and I'm doing 15 damage per turn, and they haven't done anything. The only thing you need is a bit of direct damage so if they take board control at 5 health, you can finish them.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2017-04-10 at 07:46 AM.

Can't agree with this opinion.
    You disagree? Or typo'd?

Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimon View Post
    Exactly. I can say from experience that rogues do not get the god dream 4 turn compeletion every game and faceroll when I play against them. It is just like when people get tilted from rng screwing them over, but forget about the times that their god rng screws their oppoent over. People just fixate on the worst experiences and distort the truth that rogues actually don't always get it completed at turn 4, or even turn 5.
    God dream is turn 2 not turn 4. Turn 4 is pretty average.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    God dream is turn 2 not turn 4. Turn 4 is pretty average.
    Ragrdless, plenty of games I am seeing on streams, as well well games played on my own, are showing that tons of rogue players are end up mulliganing & drawing badly so that they can't do their roflstomping early on.

Ok after week the only quests that have survived are the shaman one and warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by Hombregato View Post
    Ok after week the only quests that have survived are the shaman one and warrior.
    I would go along with this, I think a couple of the other ones if not all are definitely playable and can be made to work but Shaman and Warrior seem the only really consistent and competitive ones.